Secondary IF
Options

~~ 2IF Weekly Check In (1/6/15) ~~

Hi all,
Sorry I know I missed a week and this one is late... a lot going on, both physically and emotionally... Anyhoo, as always:

Cycle Update:

QotW: Do you have any New Year's Resolutions?
Me: 43, DH: 41
DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
TTC #2 since 1/2015
8/2015 - "unexplained IF", started Levothyroxine
9/27/15 - IUI #1 (unmedicated) - BFN
10/26/15 - IUI #2 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
11/21/15 - IUI #3 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
12/18/15 - IUI #4 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN

Re: ~~ 2IF Weekly Check In (1/6/15) ~~

• Options

Cycle Update: CD3. DH and I are at a crossroads. We had a consultation appointment with the RE about IVF. We decided to take this month off to think about it and do some soul-searching and lots of talking. If we decide to proceed, then we'll start an IVF cycle in February. But we're still not sure if we want to do that. This is the hardest decision I've ever had to face. I wouldn't wish this on anybody. I hate that it's even a thing. But here we are, weighing our finances, our age, the risks, the effect it could all have on our existing child, and so much more... I wish we had limitless resources, or another decade to get financially healthier and have children... but we don't. So... there we are.

QotW: My new year's resolution is to lose some weight. If I don't get pregnant, then I'm committed to drop about 40 - 50 pounds this year. Alternatively, as much as I can lose before getting pregnant, then that would have to be put on hold.
    Me: 43, DH: 41
    DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015
    8/2015 - "unexplained IF", started Levothyroxine
    9/27/15 - IUI #1 (unmedicated) - BFN
    10/26/15 - IUI #2 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
    11/21/15 - IUI #3 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
    12/18/15 - IUI #4 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN

• Options
    @ErikaMG I am sorry you are going through all of this.  It sucks that money has to play into this at all. It is a huge factor for us as well as we are 100% OOP for everything.  I would do a million IVF's if I had the resources to.  I hope you and your husband come to a decision you are both comfortable with. Hugs!!

I was finally starting estrogen patches for FET prep to prepare my lining in case we need to do an untested transfer either day 3 or 5 in case my SER eggs didn't grow well for PGS testing as planned.  I have 16 frozen on day 1 @ the 2PN stage, and we just have no clue if they will do well or not. Anyhow, I was on lupron for weeks and then started estrogen patches last Friday and lowered the lupron from 20cc to 5cc and I apparently broke through the suppression.  Now this cycle has been cancelled and I am taking provera to induce a period and start over.  We also increased my lupron.  It should only push back the cycle by a 10 days or two weeks, but it is still annoying as I have been waiting months to know if my eggs will grow or not.  My body never can do anything right..... so annoying!  

QOTW:  I am starting the 21 day fix on Monday.  I want to lose another 10-15 lbs and have been stalled with weight loss lately. I figure this will keep me busy until I can take my embies out of the freezer at the end of the month. 
    ~~ All Welcome~~
    ME: 32, SER aggregates on eggs, anovulatory
    DH:  33, 2% morphology
    TTC #1 
    2 clomid cycles, 3 hybrid clomid/bravelle IUI's = 4 BFN/1 CP@ 5.5 weeks
    IUI #6 -Follitism IUI cycle converted to IVF and back to IUI-4 mature, 3 maybe mature = BFP!!   DS Born 9/2014
    TTC#2 
    IVF #1 9/15 Antagonist- 19 R 1F (Frozen day 1 @ 2PN stage) Diagnosed with SER aggregates in 13/19 eggs after failed fertilization
    IVF #2 11/15 Antagonist w/ICSI  (Higher stims & Letrosole added last minute on stim day 7)- 39R, 24M (20/24 SER free), 15F (14/15 SER free & all frozen @ 2PN stage) 
    FET#1 Cultured all 16- 2pn embryos to day 5- transferred 1 good hatching blast and 1 early blast on 1/28- None to freeze - beta 2/5

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CD 1 today..Going in tomorrow for my baseline and starting a mini stim IVF cycle..this is my first IVF cycle of any kind..i'm nervous, excited and anxious all at once.  My biggest concern is with my DOR only getting 1 egg retrieved and then it not being a good egg but we will see..depending on how it goes we may do a full stim cycle next or more mini before transferring.  We plan to freeze whatever we get before transferring.  

QOTW:  I don't have a set resolution but I would like to exercise more and lose some weight and I would really love to not let all this baby stuff get to me the way it sometimes does.  I know I am entitled to get upset and such but I wish I didn't always allow it to get as bad as it sometimes does.  I'd also love to keep my  house a bit neater.
  • Options
    @rachlee2010 I hope baseline went well!
    ~~ All Welcome~~
    ME: 32, SER aggregates on eggs, anovulatory
    DH:  33, 2% morphology
    TTC #1 
    2 clomid cycles, 3 hybrid clomid/bravelle IUI's = 4 BFN/1 CP@ 5.5 weeks
    IUI #6 -Follitism IUI cycle converted to IVF and back to IUI-4 mature, 3 maybe mature = BFP!!   DS Born 9/2014
    TTC#2 
    IVF #1 9/15 Antagonist- 19 R 1F (Frozen day 1 @ 2PN stage) Diagnosed with SER aggregates in 13/19 eggs after failed fertilization
    IVF #2 11/15 Antagonist w/ICSI  (Higher stims & Letrosole added last minute on stim day 7)- 39R, 24M (20/24 SER free), 15F (14/15 SER free & all frozen @ 2PN stage) 
    FET#1 Cultured all 16- 2pn embryos to day 5- transferred 1 good hatching blast and 1 early blast on 1/28- None to freeze - beta 2/5

• Options
    Thanks @1983Lindsey2 It went as well as it could..my blood levels were good and I had an AFC of 8 which for me is great as some months it's as low as 4.  Started my meds last night and add in injections tomorrow night..I am really hoping for 3 eggs or more but we will see!
  • Options
    Good luck everyone!

Cycle Status:  Prepping for a FET on 1/27.  I am on Estrace for now and I am trying my best not to focus on everything because this is our one and only shot.

Wishing everyone the best!  I didn't do a resolution this year because I already have enough pressure... haha.
  • Options
    Hello all. I'd like to check in and let you know where we are at this point. We have decided to take this month off due to a few scheduling problems right around the time of iui\ivf. We will hopefully start up again next month if all goes as planned. We will be using injectible Gonal F with the goal of five mature follicles then iui, but my RE thinks I have a pretty good chance of over producing and if that's the case we will convert to ivf. Honestly I'm kinda hoping I over produce and go straight to ivf as we've have 3 failed iuis already. Best of luck to everyone Fx and baby dust.
  • Options
    @wendyp28-- Good Luck!  I used Gonal F with my IVF... I hope you enjoy the month off and best of luck when you resume!