July 2016 Moms

Weekend Bitchfest

Didn't see this thread yet so let's hear them!
April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

Re: Weekend Bitchfest

• Loading the player...
  • @DominiqueU that is rough!

• Why do people have to wear and bath in smelly things? And/or why does my nose have to smell EVERYTHING. Date night was kind of ruined last night because the people at the table next to use smelled like stale cigarette smoke and flowery vanilla-y perfume. Thanks smelly people/nose for ruining my cheese fries!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Sick effing sicky sick just getting worse throughout the day. The worst part is that I'm supposed to go to Miami tomorrow and even though it's for work I was REALLY looking forward to some warmer weather! Canceling the trip though. :(

(Just a bad sore throat plus some aches, but I am not getting on a plane when I feel like this.)

So this was more like a whine and I appreciate you reading. I guess the bitchfest part is whoever got me sick sucks balls. Big hairy ones. (Hopefully that won't get me a warning.)
  • We are supposed to get a pretty large snowstorm next weekend and I am one of the people responsible for running the school dance Saturday since I am a class adviser.  Now, those of us in charge are frantically texting back and forth to try and figure out what to do.  I have no issues with cancelling our track meet Friday night, but deposits are down and kids have paid for the dance (It's one where they get really dressed up and hair gets done).  18 inches of snow is nothing to mess around with....especially in the city when plowing is a hot mess.....ugh!
  • I have to go back to work on Tuesday after a week off. I am seriously sad to go back, I'm not sure how I can do 11 hour days and no naps again
  • Sick effing sicky sick just getting worse throughout the day. The worst part is that I'm supposed to go to Miami tomorrow and even though it's for work I was REALLY looking forward to some warmer weather! Canceling the trip though. :(

(Just a bad sore throat plus some aches, but I am not getting on a plane when I feel like this.)

So this was more like a whine and I appreciate you reading. I guess the bitchfest part is whoever got me sick sucks balls. Big hairy ones. (Hopefully that won't get me a warning.)

I had that same sickness this last week. Sore throat and just didn't feel well. It didn't last long so I hope you feel better soon!

Also I sent you a pm earlier this week, check your inbox
  • These flipping migraines need to take a hike! I'm having so many more this pregnancy and they really, really suck!
  • @Taymiller Can I see them in the app? Can't find it. :( I can log in later if I need to.
  • So go to more and then community and then go to you inbox
  • This one goes out to my husband. He told me that I need to chill on doing things for the baby. I told him that once th crib comes in, it should be here by Friday, that I wanted to start moving things out of the guest room and to the basement so we can start putting the crib together. He told me that I am doing too much and I need to relax. I have not bought one thing for this baby. I start a registry so that I can research the things I like instead of being overwhelmed in the store and not know where to start. No one even knows that I started the registry but him. He said that its to early to be doing things. I just got so mad at him because I want to do so much but I don't because I know how he feels about it. He told me that he is worried that something could go wrong. I told him that *knock on wood* there is nothing wrong with me or the baby so way are you worrying. And I said that things could go wrong at delivery but I'm not waiting till after delivery to put it together. I know it's just silly man logic but it's so fustrating. He told me that he would ease up but I don't plan on doing anything till we found out the sex on the 9th. Btw I will be 16 weeks on Wednesday, not to early to start in my opinion.
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• @BeachTigress It sounds like he's worried and a little superstitious that somehow preparing will make something go wrong. I don't think it's too early to start doing things. 6 months go pretty quickly, and towards the end it will definitely be more difficult for us to do some things. I'm trying to do a little bit at a time so hopefully it won't get too overwhelming.

If it makes you/him feel any better, I know that a ton of us have started registries already. I like plenty of time to research and prepare... And to change my mind a thousand times.
  • @DominiqueU I think that is how he is thinking. Once we find out the sex he knows I'm going to actually start doing things. He said that he asked people for help to move the furniture to the basement and he said that they said "why so soon". I will just have to ask them myself. The furniture will be moved by the end of February at the latest.
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• New private group has been made complain about you bmb message me for an invite ;)

• @BeachTigress My husband is acting like that a little bit too. I asked him if we could put the car seat in my car after the new year and he looked at me like I was nuts and said why don't we wait until after your birthday ( March ) which is fine... But I was excited, and just wanted to get the ball rolling on baby stuff. You're entitled to be excited- I say do what you want and let him catch up to you, I think my husband personally hasn't quite wrapped his head around how much stuff we have to do to be totally ready - I'm just trying to give him time to process all of this still.
  • Laying in bed dying from this all-day hellish migraine. Nothing is helping. This is so horrible. I used to suffer from bad migraines all the time, and this is definitely one of the bad ones. :(
  •  Once I'm in our BMB, or any board, the only way to get back to the main community screen is to either hit back like a million times or close and relaunch the app. Is this a stupid Lindsey user error or is that the same for others of you who use the app?
    You can click on the Home link on the bottom of the page and it takes you there, no? 

• maddmama said:

Laying in bed dying from this all-day hellish migraine. Nothing is helping. This is so horrible. I used to suffer from bad migraines all the time, and this is definitely one of the bad ones. :(

Sorry to hear that! Hope it goes away soon!

• @mswings1 actually that's smart, I didn't even think of that! Guess we will be waiting a lot longer on that one. Haha

I kind of feel like getting baby things is like Christmas. I can't wait to open them and set them up, figure them out etc
  • My complaint currently is that I have terrible lower back pain and no reason to have it plus I'm super nauseous. Anyone else get these two together ?

• My complaint currently is that I have terrible lower back pain and no reason to have it plus I'm super nauseous. Anyone else get these two together ?
    I did when I was in labor with DD. I had all back labor, felt absolutely nothing in the front of my body, it was all lower back, and all of the pain caused me to puke my guts out (and I had an epidural).

• @Lindsayleigh1989 There are some days with this pregnancy that I feel like my lower back is tight and uncomfortable, and on those days, I have noticed that my MS seems to be worse than on days when my back doesn't have that pain. 
  • @Lindsayleigh1989 There are some days with this pregnancy that I feel like my lower back is tight and uncomfortable, and on those days, I have noticed that my MS seems to be worse than on days when my back doesn't have that pain. 

Thanks that's good to know I'm not going crazy :)

• I work casual and my schedule fluctuates. Usually I get enough work but sometimes have a dry spell. I really want the stability and security of a permanent position, but I have low seniority and haven't been successful yet. I was asked and agreed to get trained in 2 new areas (totally different from each other) and next month will be trained in a third (on top of the 2 positions I already know). Once I'm done this I'll be able to cover pretty much any nurse in community care. I'll get tons of work and it'll also make me super valuable to my managers since I'll be able to work in any area (and have experience to apply to any position). All that to say right now is a very busy, somewhat stressful time for me, but really important. In community nursing every area is it's own world, so training in one area really doesn't translate over to another.

On top of that, DD is just getting over a nasty cold, and today I started to feel it coming on. I'm on day 1 of a looooong 2 weeks (5 days of 8 hour shifts, 1 day off, 2 days of 12 hour shifts, 1 day off, 3 days of 8 hour shifts - and each set is in a different area of community nursing so I have to switch my thinking each time). Then two days later is DD's second birthday, and I stupidly decided to throw a party. I'm going to be so exhausted - thank god I have days off after the birthday.

On top of that, my car got super stuck in the snow in our driveway coming home tonight, and it took 1.5 hours for me and my neighbours to get it out (thank god for helpful neighbours with backhoes). Now I can't seem to warm up from being outside for so long.

TL;DR: Today sucks.
  • The Seahawks lost. :( And my back acne is beginning to piss me off. I swear it's getting progessively worse. Wtf??? This is a new symptom for me. I hate it. So much.
  • The Seahawks lost. :( And my back acne is beginning to piss me off. I swear it's getting progessively worse. Wtf??? This is a new symptom for me. I hate it. So much.

Do you have a bath brush? I got one from the dollar store and it has definitely helped mine but I still feel like a grease monster pizza face/back no matter how much showering or face washing I do ;)

• @DobbysSock I seriously have so much respect for you and stm's. I find work so exhausting now and you do that plus these extra trainings, which sound great while annoying, and take care of house and a little one. Whew I need a nap just thinking about it!

You can do it though hope the party goes swimmingly and yikes to the snow you must have a lot there!

• @Lindsayleigh1989 my ticker just changed to 16 weeks and said one of the new symptoms is back pain.. Not sure why yours is accompanied by nausea but if the back pain is new to you, maybe it's just one more thing we get with pregnancy. You and I are in the same "ticker group" so in case you didn't read it yet :)
  • My back hurts, also when I sneeze it hurts everything in my pelvic region, so awesome.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mnkennedmnkenned member
    edited January 2016
    Was starving for dinner and decided to try and be healthy and get my fav salad from veggie grill. Got there and realized I hadn't activated my new card and called BofA, which had their systems down and couldn't activate it. So then I went back home, grabbed my actual wallet (I usually carry my phone with ID and one card) and headed back. In the meantime, they ran out of what I wanted. :s

I nearly had a pregnancy meltdown and said f*ck it and went to In-N-Out. So much for vegetables.
  • pandamonium20pandamonium20 member
    edited January 2016
    My husband swapped places with me for Sunday night so that we were both working but at different hospitals. I told my manager last week we were doing it. He went in to hubs this morning, surprised and pissed that he was there.
    Then he proceeded to tell hubs that he wouldn't make changes to my schedule unless he started getting reports that I wasn't handling code grays (assault situations) and then he would cut back my hours. I'm a security officer at a flipping mental hospital. 99% of the time everyone is asleep the entire time I'm there.
    I'm pissed that he made this naive threat (I'll assume naive because he has admitted that he's never had a pregnant employee before) exactly one week after finding out I'm pregnant. We are a two income household because it's necessary. Mother $&@ER is threatening my livelihood which would include my insurance because that would knock me down to part time and I'm so freaking pissed.
    I know he can't really do anything to me but even being knocked down temporarily til HR could knock him in the head with a brick would devastate us financially since we blew through our savings to move to Nebraska and live paycheck to paycheck now.

ETA: I told him when I announced my pregnancy that hubs would be willing to come in any time we got a violent patient to cover me so that it wouldn't cause a hardship to anyone else but I'd also be safe.