3rd Trimester

24 hour urine, possible pre-E?

Hi all, I am 37 weeks with my 3rd. I did a 24 hour urine test last week and my results just came in today. I can't speak with my dr until Monday, but I'm wondering if I should be concerned or go into labor and delivery. I had severe pre-eclampsia with my 1st and I'm afraid of getting it again. Are these results normal,high, too high?! I feel horrible 24/7 and I'm wondering if this is why.

Re: 24 hour urine, possible pre-E?

• Unfortunately it is not ethical for any one here to give medical advice. If you have concerns, call your OB. Even after hours they can help you.
    I would hold off on heading to LD, all they will do is call your OB and wait for their response. It will save you time, energy and hassle just to call them directly.
  • Anything over 300 mg is usually considered pre e. Call your doctor. The nice thing about obgyn is someone is always going to call back!
  • Loading the player...
  • They have to have an on call doc. I'd call at a decent hour of the day tomorrow see if you can reach who is on call... Also if it was urgent im sure they would contact you right away.
  • You are not suppose to have protein in your urine, but we are not qualified to diagnose you
  • Unfortunately it is not ethical for any one here to give medical advice. If you have concerns, call your OB. Even after hours they can help you. I would hold off on heading to LD, all they will do is call your OB and wait for their response. It will save you time, energy and hassle just to call them directly.
    This. Apparently @Knottie1436491120 missed that memo.

If you have questions, you should be consulting your doctor. You're paying them to give you answers and care for you. Put that money to good use.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• A Google search of pre e from the NIH will give you set national guidelines on pre-e which will tell you that anything over 300mg is considered pre-e. Up to date (what most of us medical professionals use as guidelines) will tell you this as well but isn't something one can google. Perhaps I should have said "abnormal" result- my bad. Either way my advice was the same- call your doctor now.
  • Unfortunately it is not ethical for any one here to give medical advice. If you have concerns, call your OB. Even after hours they can help you. I would hold off on heading to LD, all they will do is call your OB and wait for their response. It will save you time, energy and hassle just to call them directly.

If you have questions, you should be consulting your doctor. You're paying them to give you answers and care for you. Put that money to good use.
    Please, don't assume that people giving this kind of advise only finished high school - some of us have medical degrees
  • How is anyone supposed to be able to discriminate from random people who "know" and people with medical degrees? This is a community board, not a medical forum or a doctors office. Medical professionals should know better than to diagnose or provide more specific medical advice in a setting like this.

@Knottie1436481120 gave good advice that can be found easily enough online (and was the only responsible advice to give in this situation, which is for OP to all her doctor).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LIly436 said:

Unfortunately it is not ethical for any one here to give medical advice. If you have concerns, call your OB. Even after hours they can help you.
    I would hold off on heading to LD, all they will do is call your OB and wait for their response. It will save you time, energy and hassle just to call them directly.

Please, don't assume that people giving this kind of advise only finished high school - some of us have medical degree.

QBF
    lol at all of that. It's irresponsible and UNETHICAL to be giving medical advice to pregnant women over the internet that you do not know. If she chooses to take bad advice given to her by a "medical professional" on an Internet forum, guess who can be held liable for that? And you're assuming that I don't have a medical degree as well, which I do, so there's that, too.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• LIly436 said:

Unfortunately it is not ethical for any one here to give medical advice. If you have concerns, call your OB. Even after hours they can help you.

Please, don't assume that people giving this kind of advise only finished high school - some of us have medical degree.

QBF
    lol at all of that. It's irresponsible and UNETHICAL to be giving medical advice to pregnant women over the internet that you do not know. If she chooses to take bad advice given to her by a "medical professional" on an Internet forum, guess who can be held liable for that? And you're assuming that I don't have a medical degree as well, which I do, so there's that, too.

Yeah, almost done with my MSN for FNP, with experience in Women's Health.
    I stand by what I said. It is unethical and irresponsible to give medical advice on an Internet forum. I am not looking at you (the patient), nor am I reading the chart after completing a H&P.
    Contacting your provider is the best option. Period. They have a been view of the whole story.

Please, don't assume that people giving this kind of advise only finished high school - some of us have medical degree. QBF lol at all of that. It's irresponsible and UNETHICAL to be giving medical advice to pregnant women over the internet that you do not know. If she chooses to take bad advice given to her by a "medical professional" on an Internet forum, guess who can be held liable for that? And you're assuming that I don't have a medical degree as well, which I do, so there's that, too.
    Then this board should be closed, because it is full of sharing experiences and advises based on past experience and only sometimes knowledgeable advise, which are always very ethical with advise to rely on an advise of an OB