Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Friday

2»

Re: WTO Friday

• Options
    Then I ran across this study while I was looking for something else and apparently ladies with a period of less than 4 days have lower chances of pregnancy. The study apparently also found that ladies with periods lasting more than 5 days had lower chances of MC. Considering that my periods are usually 2-3 days with one of those days often being a toss up between light flow and spotting... that study isn't making me feel especially great. 
    Me neither.  My cycle length is back to what it was before the pill, but my periods are much lighter and shorter than they were when I was 20.  It's definitely something I want to bring up at my next gyn appointment, because **TMI** I'm also having like, a week of brown spotting after af.  So I have a "normal" period for 3-4 days, one day of nothing, then a week or more of brown spotting.  It's been a year now since I've been off the pill so I feel like my cycle should be more "sorted" than this... 

Let us know if you find anything else!  
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    Cycle/Month: 2/2

CD: 7

WADTGKTF: PNVs, OPKs, HIO EOD starting tonight! ;)

R/R/CS: It's Friday and DH and I are going out of town for the night. I want to do some shopping and well, getting out of town once in awhile just us is super nice!  RANT: I got an emergency text alert on my phone at 1am this morning and it scared the crap outta me. Gotta figure out how to turn those things off!

GTKY: How do you divide the chores in your household?  @whiska I gotta laugh, because that sounds like me and DH!  I do grocery shopping, cook dinner, do the dishes.. He takes care of plowing/shoveling/mowing the lawn... But when it comes to deep cleaning/vacuuming/dusting... ehh.  When we are going to have company over that's when we usually come together and really kick some ass haha!

Me: 25 | Him: 31

Married: September 2014

DSS Born 2/2/08

TTC our 1st since December 2015

BFP 3/18/16 - EDD 12/1/16

Proud Parents of a 5 year old Miniature Dachshund

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cycle/Month:  3

CD:  4

WADTGKTF:  clomid

R/R/CS:  Nothing here. In a good mood that it's Friday and looking forward to spending time tonight at home, ordering Thai and watching a movie. 

GTKY: How do you divide the chores in your household?  I do the grocery shopping and cooking.  DH does the dishes.  He does his own laundry and I do mine, DD's, and sheets/towels. He cleans the bathrooms and takes out the trash.  It's a pretty equal split for the most part.  I can't complain, other than being worthless when it comes to actually folding his clean laundry, he's pretty helpful.  Sometimes I just needs a few hours to clean, and decompress.  I like vacuuming/dusting, that sort of thing.  He will take DD for a few hours which is infinitely more stressful:) 
    TTC #2- November 2015

• Options
    Cycle/Month: 3/3

CD: 17

WADTGKTF: Temping, OPK, CM

R/R/CS: I think that @MrsDho11 had it right yesterday when she suggested that being sick might be delaying O. Every day I expect to see a temp shift, and nothing. And we're unfortunately unable to HIO right now due to work schedules (not to mention the fact that I am so congested and phlegm-y that I'm not exactly feeling sexy). I still have fertile CM and a green light from FF, so it's frustrating not being able to HIO as much as we can.

GTKY: How do you divide the chores in your household?
    I tend to do most of the kitchen chores, just because I cook the most. DH does everything outside, because I loathe yard work. We split up everything else as needed.

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @PeggyOlsonFTW  I hear you. I'm a PhD student and am home 2 days a week, so I get that a lot of things can be done when I'm home, assuming I don't have a lot of work to do. But DH will do the same thing- leaves his socks in the living room, his dishes on the table. At one point I just stopped cleaning up after him, but he's such a messy person that he honestly didn't even notice. Bleh.

• Options
    PeggyOlsonFTWPeggyOlsonFTW member
    edited January 2016
    jparli said:

@PeggyOlsonFTW  I hear you. I'm a PhD student and am home 2 days a week, so I get that a lot of things can be done when I'm home, assuming I don't have a lot of work to do. But DH will do the same thing- leaves his socks in the living room, his dishes on the table. At one point I just stopped cleaning up after him, but he's such a messy person that he honestly didn't even notice. Bleh.

My DH is the same way!! Takes no notice when I don't clean up after him. Its so frustrating. Just today, I noticed he had left THREE glasses in the bathroom because I hadn't cleaned them up for him. He was getting dressed so I just took them and left them at the top of the stairs for him to bring down. Where did they end up? In the sink, not the damn dishwasher.

ETA: I also think that's why he thinks he does more than he actually does. He doesn't notice that I'm cleaning up after him, so he just assumes he did it.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3

CD: 10

WAYDTGKFU: temping, OPKs, HiO EOD, CM & CP

R/R/CS: I don't know why, but I just feel "over it" this month... Like no motivation. We'll still HiO EOD, but I guess I just don' feel even the slightest bit hopeful this month.

On a positive note, DH and I are having our first date night since our anniversary (September!)

GTKY: Oh chores. I'm home 2 days a week, so I try and keep up with most things, but DH is messy, so it's tiring. He will help deep clean on the weekends, though. We divvy up the rooms and go to town.

• Options
    Ugh, here I am back again with another question. I've temped every day, and even have been doing a better job with the timing, but for some reason FF didn't connect the dots in my graph between yesterday's temp and today's. Why would it do that?
  • Options
    @housewifehobbyist   We are also trying EOD this cycle instead of ED, but I of course keep second guessing that decision.  FX it works for both of us!

Cycle/Month: 
    5/6

CD: 11

WADTGKTF: PNV, CM, HIO EOD, OPKs, BBT - I'm only on day 2 of having a thermometer, but my temp did go up today

R/R/CS: On day 4 of flashy smileys on OPKs... I started on CD 7 as my cycles are typically 26-27 days.  I also have some EWCM so really hoping for a solid smiley tomorrow.  Our puppy woke us up at 2:30am and I realized I was having some major night sweats (shirt was really damp).  I tend to be a hot sleeper, but I did a quick google search and apparently this can happen prior to O.  I've never really considered the timing of my night sweats before, so could just be a coincidence, but interesting nonetheless.

My DH is awesome at helping out.  I typically cook, he does the dishes.  He helps with laundry, groceries and general organization.  I handle puppy care during the day (stop home at lunch) and he does the night puppy shift.  Although, he does not do any of the actual cleaning, which seems to be the general trend here!
  • Options
    @Lecool I was sick with a head cold last month around predicted O time, and I ended up O'ing 3 days later than I ever had, so I think there can definitely be a correlation. I wasn't terribly sick, but sick enough that I think my body was too busy trying to get better to worry about O'ing. Hoping to get back to normal this month.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    @MrsDho11 regarding the onesie from yesterday, um TOTALLY creepy & unnecessary in 99% possibly 100% of cases, except of course my totes spesh snowflake case. :# NO way that would be purchased for any other location here on out, DEFINITELY not for H's parents' state where we'll happen to be when I hopefully O. Gotta stay at least a little classy.

Cycle/Month: 5/5

CD: 10

WADTGKTFU: sex and CM, all of it eventually

R/R/CS: I don't have much, just hoping for a good month.

GTKY: H is SO good at and patient with the deep cleaning and maintenance that extends the life of our stuff. I'm good at it but I hate it. He is also so good at leaving EVERYTHING out for a few hours before he puts it away or throws it away. I let him take care of that ish. Most of the daily stuff has fallen to me (laundry/dishes), but I haven't had a regular schedule this last year. It annoyed me at first, but I am fine with doing it so that we can just hang out together when he gets home. And he still pitches in a few times a week and on weekends.

On the topic of cleaning, I never hide anything or put it away in unusual places. But I'm just still trying to figure out how to make it so that he can find something without my help????
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    Cycle/Month: 9/8

CD: 3

WADTGKTF: waiting for AF to leave... Daily vitamins include - PNV, Fishoil, Flaxseed oil, Vit D, & CoQ10

R/R/CS: DH has an appointment today with a Urologist to see what our next steps should be with his SA results being off. I keep catching him with his laptop in his actual lap even after we talked about how bad this is... seriously!! It's the ONE thing I've asked him not to do, it doesn't seem that hard to remember.  

Since I only work part-time, I do most of the cleaning and laundry. I love to cook, so I do most of the cooking, and DH does most of the dishes. For the most part, we have a good routine, but he's going to need to chip in more once we have kids to clean up after too. 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    Cycle/Month: 7/8

CD: 1 :(

WADTGKTF: Not a whole lot you can do on CD1 except stop at the liquor store on the way home...

R/R/CS: Pretty bummed about CD1 today, I was feeling good about last cycle. The icing on the cake though, I had to buy a baby shower gift on the way home. Hell of a reminder that this cycle didn't work out.

GTKY: How do you divide the chores in your household? We pretty much divide and conquer with the exceptions of laundry and lawn mowing. I don't trust DH with the dryer and he doesn't trust me with the John Deere :smile: 

Me: 34, DH: 32
    Married: October 2011
    TTC #1: June 2015
  • Options
    Cycle/Month: 4/5 

CD: 4

WADTGKTF: still ending AF at this point but I am temping. Soon will be BD EOD and using OPKs

R/R/CS: I just went from a 33 day cycle (which I thought was annoying) to a 56 day cycle. This is my 5th month off of birth control. I really am hoping the 56 day cycle was a one time thing. I will take that 33 day cycle back any month! 

GTKY: How do you divide the chores in your household? We usually just pick a day of the week and do a full cleaning of the house. Throughout the week, it's whoever is off. There is no specific rhyme or reason except who is off of work and able to help out the most. 
  • Options
    Cycle/Month: 1

CD: 12

WADTGKTF: temping, pnv, opk, hio

R/R/CS: confused, I don't have ewcm right now but it's my predicted FW.. Two days ago my opk was neg, and yesterday it went to solid smiley. Is this possible?? This is my first time using OK.

GTKY: How do you divide the chores in your household? It depends on the day because I work 12 hour shifts. So on those days, he will cook and clean. On my off days, I will clean and cook. It works out for us :)
  • Options
    Ugh, here I am back again with another question. I've temped every day, and even have been doing a better job with the timing, but for some reason FF didn't connect the dots in my graph between yesterday's temp and today's. Why would it do that?
    @JamieK1882 I took a peek at your chart, and it looks like you must have clicked the discard check box. That's the only explanation I have for why it would look like that. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

CD: 16

WADTGKTF: PNV, HIO EOD, temping

R/R/CS: drinking all the wines. Had a crap day at work, happy that its friday. 

GTKY: How do you divide the chores in your household? We don't divide chores really. It depends on whose home that day. Really a lot of the time I get the ball rolling and H joins in and helps. However, he gets home from work earlier than me so especially if he knows I've had a dumb day he will have cleaned the kitchen when I get home cause dishes = suck. Oh, he also does the toilets because I hate them. 

• Options
    @blonde1817 Given your personal cycle history of Oing after your +OPK I'd say you probably O'd CD14.

Cycle/Month: 10/7

CD: 3

WADTGTFKU: Femara, Ovidrel, charting, HSG, SA

R/R/CS: As much as yesterday was blah, I realized at bedtime that I'm doing immensely better than I was 1-2 months ago and that counts. I'm doing really well emotionally and that feels like a huge accomplishment to me.

I do most, DH does a few. DH seriously underestimates how many hours it actually takes to do and maintain things around the house, which is annoying. 4-5 hours? No. More like 25.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Options

CD: 6

WADTGKTF: PNV, temps, HIO

R/R/CS: nothing much. Just glad AF is finished and I have the next six days off!

GTKY: How do you divide the chores in your household? DH does most of the cooking and
    I usually clean the bathrooms. We pretty much split everything else and try to take care of things as they come up. I work crazy hours and try to block my days so I have several days off in a row to help around the house. Otherwise, when I'm working, I'm not doing anything else.
    Me: 32
    DH: 30
    DS: Born 10/21/2011
    Mirena Removal: 11/23/2015 
  • Options
    Ahh you guys are right...I accidently hit discard lol. Lines on FF all connected now!
  • Options
    @MrsDho11 thanks, you too! And, impressed with your response list, as always. 

• Options

YASSSS! I've been on the forums for long enough to FINALLY POST!

Cycle/Month: 1/1

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: PNV and calcium, ALL the charting and temping, BD'ing when we can manage it.

R/R/CS: First off, EXCITED to be here! I feel like I've been stalking these forums for the past week. (You can find my full intro over in the Intro thread if you're curious.)

Anyway. Just waiting to O over here, and super impatient. I don't know how I'm going to deal with myself during the TWW and also in the very likely event that I don't get a BFP this month. Agh, the anticipation! I thought I started to see a change in my mucus toward EWCM yesterday, but hubby and I couldn't BD because of religious reasons...and also because he messed himself up in training (he's in the military) and was in a lot of pain. But! Tonight is the night. Wahoo. Speculated O date is tomorrow, so we'll see. I tend to be incredibly regular.

GTKY: How do you divide the chores in your household? Heh. I do them all? DH's job, especially with the new switch that started post-Christmas, is super stressful and on top of that he's in grad school. Basically I get to see him for about three hours before he goes to bed at night. As for me, I'm a writer, so I'm home all day. I had some resentment issues previously, but now that he's so busy, I just want to be good to him. Besides, I figure that he's providing the bulk of the income (the BULK) and if my contribution is the house care stuff, then so be it.

This isn't to say that he isn't helpful at all. He's a dear. He recently got into KonMari'ing with me, which was great. (Read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up if you don't know what I'm talking about. It really is life-changing--it got DH to get rid of a ton of old clothes and sports equipment!)

Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options

CD: 13

WADTGKTF: HIO EOD

R/R/CS: Just happy to be in the FW :) Well...I guess yesterday I got home from work really late due to some issues and was in a crummy mood because traffic was horrible. I was not in the mood at all, but managed to turn things around. If my cycle is the same as the last couple, I'm hoping to O by CD 15 :) 

GTKY: How do you divide the chores in your household? We have a chart and we take turns every other week.

WORF: I did not come here to admire the scenery. 
    DAX: If you say so. I guess we should just go home. 
    WORF: Well maybe. I would not be so hasty. 
    DAX: I take it the scenery has improved? 
    WORF: A few months ago, when I was commanding the Defiant on a scouting mission in the Gamma Quadrant, we encountered a protostar cluster, a swirling mass of colour set against a background of glowing clouds and burning sky. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now. 
    DAX: I've got to take you on vacation more often. 

• Options
    @MrsDho11 ,  I am ALL about the ethnic food.  Give me Asian and Indian all day long.  I would trade BJs for Indian.......truth.
    TTC #2- November 2015

• Options
    @MrsDho11  Thanks! I'm using clearblue digital. I tested yesterday which is when I got the solid smiley so it stays solid for 48 hours so I could not test today.  Fx now :)
  • Options
    @emilyIRL, welcome and out of pure curiosity could you elaborate on the "religious reasons"? I do not have a religion per se but I am fascinated by different traditions followed across different religions. I practice mindfulness and meditation and generally believe that we create our own destiny, but no real rules or God exactly. If you don't mind elaborating I would love to learn something new today!
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    @LizaKate1213 of course! DH and I belong to the Eastern Orthodox church, which practices regular fasting. On Wednesdays and Fridays (but really actually starting from the night before and ending the night of) we abstain from animal products and intercourse as well. It's a good way to keep some self-discipline in our lives and remember what's important.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @NurseMarie9 - yep, gotcha!  I think I totally reading failed.  Sorry about that.  Definitely keeping an eye out for your today post!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019