New Orleans Babies

New to New Orleans... Ready to Pop

I just moved to New Orleans about a week ago. Any suggestions on obgyn and hospitals to deliver at and good pediatricians? Any advice would help

Re: New to New Orleans... Ready to Pop

• Welcome to New Orleans! I've been lurking on this board since finding out I was pregnant and hoping for some activity! I'm still pretty early on (I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow). Where you choose to deliver may depend on where you're living (in the city v. Suburbs). I live real close to Ocshner Baptist and they have a new women's pavilion there (I believe it's only 2 or 3 years old). I've heard great things. I also switched OBs since I've been pregnant. My last OB (who I loved) was in Kenner and with Baptist essentially across the street, I couldn't pass it up. I'm seeing Dr. Candace Moore. I've only had one appt with her, and so far, she seems great! Ochsner has an online portal that makes access to records and communication a breeze.

I've also had a few friends deliver at Touro with good things to say.

Good luck to you!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • crsanchez87crsanchez87 member
    edited January 2016
    I delivered at Touro and I loved it. My OBGYN was Dr. Paul DuTreil. He was really great, listened very patiently to all my first mom worries and planning and on the big day was supportive and caring. He would come and check up on me often. Our pedi is at Hales Pediatric Group. We have seen every doctor and felt comfortable with all of them. My favorite is Dr. Hale himself. Dr. Oates is wonderful as well. 

Good luck and feel free to private message me with any other questions or tips :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for the late reply. I didn't think anybody would actually comment. But I've heard a lot about Touro. I've decided to deliver at Tulane Lakeside but I'm having mixed emotions about it.
  • Dr. Hales with Hales pediatrics is great. He was my doctor til I was about 17.
  • I delievered at east jefferson and had an amazing experience. My obgyn is Dr. Paine who now delievers at Ochsner Baptist but the whole Lakeside Women's Clinic team is great? 
  • cherhuthcherhuth member
    edited May 2017