Breastfeeding

Best Electric Pump?

edited January 2016 in Breastfeeding
So I'm in the market for a breast pump and hoping to spend less than $300. I'd love if you could help me out and let me know what brand you're using! And write in the comments the pros cons. Sorry if I didn't include your pump in the polls, apparently you can't add more than 10 options so I just tried to pick the most popular pumps.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Best Electric Pump? 30 votes

Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breastpump
66% 20 votes
Spectra Baby USA S2
20% 6 votes
Philips AVENT Electric
0% 0 votes
Medela Freestyle
10% 3 votes
Medela Breastpump - Swing
0% 0 votes
Bellema Melon Double Electric Breast Pump
0% 0 votes
NUK Expressive Double Electric Breast Pump
0% 0 votes
Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump
0% 0 votes
Nibble Double Electric Breast Pump
0% 0 votes
Ameda Purely Yours Double Electric Breast Pump
3% 1 vote

Re: Best Electric Pump?

• I had an Ameda Purely Yours and much prefer the Medela PISA I subsequently bought. It's easy to buy parts for and most of all it doesn't make the beeping sound that the Ameda did. I pump at work and was self-conscious about the sound. PISA isn't silent but it's better.
  • I also own both a Medela PISA and an Ameda Purely Yours. The Medela PISA wins hands down for me. The Purely Yours was pure junk for me, I was never even able to trigger a let down with it. The PISA isn't a miracle machine by any stretch, it has its own issues/inconveniences, but its positives greatly outweigh the negatives.
    • Replacement parts are incredibly easy to find and not too expensive.
    • It's one of the most used pump brands in the market so nearly all medical providers that deal with BFing are familiar with the pumps.
    • Very easy to troubleshoot.
    • Medela customer service is above-par.

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
    DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
    CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I exclusively pumped and used a Medela PISA, every two hours, for months and months. Never had issues with it. Years ago, it was harder to find parts to it (like larger flanges, tubes, etc), but now I can find them everywhere (even at Target). 
    TTC #1 for 4 years with every trick in the book. IVF in October 2010= BFN
    Elliott Michael born 9/22/11
    Audrey Pauline 9/13/15
  • Onward said:
    Love my spectra! I had a medela with my first which was ok, but the spectra is much more comfortable and very quiet!
    @Onward I'm pregnant with 2.0 right now and I'm seriously considering buying the spectra. Do you use spectra parts or did you hack it to use with medela parts?

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
    DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
    CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't tried any other brand, but I really like my Medela PISA!
  • Your insurance should cover a breastpump. I got the Medela PISA free. I did it through Target's breastpump program and they handled everything.
  • Onward said:
    Love my spectra! I had a medela with my first which was ok, but the spectra is much more comfortable and very quiet!
    @Onward I'm pregnant with 2.0 right now and I'm seriously considering buying the spectra. Do you use spectra parts or did you hack it to use with medela parts?
    I needed smaller shields, so I bought a kit from amazon (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V57Z1NS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage) that includes adapters, so I can use medela parts with it.
    TTC #1 for 4 years with every trick in the book. IVF in October 2010= BFN
    Elliott Michael born 9/22/11
    Audrey Pauline 9/13/15
  • I use Spectra with Medela parts. Works perfectly. The only Spectra thing I use is the pump. Tubing, flanges, bottles, valves are all Medela. (I needed bigger flanges than the ones that came with Spectra and I already had all the Medela stuff from having a PISA an having rented a Symphony for the fist two months.)