June 2015 Moms
Options

Any crawlers or walkers?

LO has been crawling for a few weeks and already seems bored with it, she still wants to "walk" around the house while I hold her hands (my back hurts haha). Anyone having any early signs of walking?

Re: Any crawlers or walkers?

• Options
    APagoAPago member
    edited January 2016
    My LO only just learned how to sit up unsupported! He made it to his 6M appointment and still wasn't able to sit up on his own. Now at 7M he's been at it for 2 weeks but still topples over at times :blush:

He's starting to scoot but just barely! So in comparison, he's a lazy little guy! And I wouldn't have it any other way :smile: not looking forward to chasing him around the house just yet.

If anyone's LOs from this birth month are already walking or showing signs of walking then all I can say is, wow, that's one advanced LO :wink:
    FTM - EDD June 16 2015
  • Options
    I got a sitter over here on my hands too :)  He turns in circles when he's on his belly, but not much other movement.  He is able to stand while we hold his hands, and has started bouncing up and down while bending his knees, but that's about it!  He will be 7 months old on the 15th. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our LO is crawling everywhere! He stared a week before he turned 6 months on the 10th. He is sitting up on his own and pulling up on everything! I have to watch him like a hawk.
  • Options
    aluiciousaluicious member
    edited January 2016
    LO is doing a kind of modified army crawl and can get up on his hands and knees but goes flat when he tries to go anywhere. He's been sitting well for about a month now but still topples if he pulls hard at a toy. It seems he's becoming interested in pulling up as well but only with my help and coaxing. He'll be 7 months on the 19th. DH seems to think he'll skip crawling and start walking next week because he's the smartest, most genius baby ever, of course ;)
  • Options
    LO had been crawling everywhere for about a month, he's 7 months old as of the 9th. He's pulling himself up on everything- we even lowered the crib because he was trying to "climb" the rails. When he gets to standing he's either jumping or moving side to side in attempt to walk. I want my barely mobile baby back lol, there isn't enough baby proof in this house!
  • Options
    LO is army crawling pretty fast now, starting at six and a half months. He's very mobile, but not quite able to crawl on hands and knees yet. We babyproofed two rooms today and need to do the others soon.

He's better now about controlling his body so he doesn't get hurt--before he would do things like roll over and hit his head on the hard floor or get "stuck" somewhere and need to be rescued, now he's pretty graceful and tends to watch out for things he could bump into. I am so proud of him! I love watching him explore.

No pulling up on things yet and I'm not rushing it. I enjoy the crawling stage and it's fun to see him explore things from that vantage point. Maybe some people think I'm a bad mother for this but when we are out at public places like the library or Sprint shop and he's fussy because he's tired of being in his car seat, I'll just put him down on his tummy directly on the carpet and let him do some supervised exploring. It quiets his fussing and gives him something to do. I think exposure to germs and allergens is beneficial for building immunity and avoiding allergies so I don't worry about the carpet being 100% clean, but the only thing I have to watch out for is if there is anything on the carpet he would put in his mouth. Is it possible drugs or medicine residue might be on the carpet in a public place? What if a drug addict spilled some powdered drug at the library? That is one possibility that bothers me, but if I can't see anything on the carpet I do tend to assume it's ok. Anyone else do this?
  • Options
    APago said:

My LO only just learned how to sit up unsupported! He made it to his 6M appointment and still wasn't able to sit up on his own. Now at 7M he's been at it for 2 weeks but still topples over at times :blush:

He's starting to scoot but just barely! So in comparison, he's a lazy little guy! And I wouldn't have it any other way :smile: not looking forward to chasing him around the house just yet.

If anyone's LOs from this birth month are already walking or showing signs of walking then all I can say is, wow, that's one advanced LO :wink:

I have a little lazy guy myself! Not even sitting yet. I am working on it though. I was told more tummy time is key to help strengthen his core and arme muscles.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    @heidiiwa what kind of library are you taking your LO to?! ;) i let LO crawl around a department store yesterday so I could try on some shoes. He was happy as could be pulling tissue out of boxes.
  • Options
    This made me feel better, LO turned 7 months on the 15th and she does the same things. She doesn't like tummy time :(  worried she'll never crawl, lol
         Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker     
  • Options
    I feel like my girls are closer to crawling than they are to sitting unassisted... I don't think that sounds right, but they army crawl pretty well (not quite belly off ground yet). Anyone else with this?
  • Options

I feel like my girls are closer to crawling than they are to sitting unassisted... I don't think that sounds right, but they army crawl pretty well (not quite belly off ground yet). Anyone else with this?

I thought that too. LO would get herself to crawling position on hands and knees and just rock, and then she started picking up one hand at a time. But then she would straighten out one leg like a kickstand and we were like "that's weird" until we realized she was trying to push herself to sitting. Now she can push herself from crawl position to sitting by herself and sit for quite a while before the inevitable tip over. She started crawling backwards a couple of days later and we're sure she'll be going forwards shortly. Time to baby proof the house!
  • Options
    Mine too ^^^ he never goes forward...ever.
  • Options
    my guy scoots backwards now too... definitely not on his knees yet.  but scooting backwards is progress :)
  • Options
    My LO is an expert in arching his back and inchworming to cover ground. I honestly think he will bypass crawling. He has wanted to stand before he could sit. And now that he has figured out how to roll off of his stomach, he does so as soon as you try for tummy time. I don't know if he will ever be on his stomach long enough to figure out getting on hands and knees
  • Options
    LO started crawling yesterday & today! Still reverts back to pulling herself forward with her arms and pushing off with her legs but she finally got the crawl figured out too. Growing up too fast!!
  • Options
    We have a low crawler. Not up on all fours yet but he gets where he wants to go!
  • Options
    moz3518moz3518 member
    edited January 2016
    Low crawler here too. Not quite regular crawling not quite army crawling but definitely a speedy crawler.
    Our dog left his toy right by him, almost as if to taunt him and LO took off SUPER speed towards it.
    I'll admit he beat me to it and chewed on it for a second.
    "Gotta step your game up mom"

Edit bc spelling
  • Options
    Speaking of crawling and being into everything, those that have stairs, what gate did you purchase and do you like it?
  • Options
    ^^ I bought the north gate stair gate off of amazon. We haven't put it up yet but it's supposed to be one of the best for stairs. It doesn't have a bottom bar to trip on.

Our LO only wants to stand and try to walk now. He is pulling up on everything! Last night all we wanted to do was stand and hold on to his walker or the coffee table. He is so busy!
  • Options
    LO doesn't crawl yet but he does scoot like a lot of others have mentioned.  I never actually see him do it (most of the time it's in his crib) but he starts out one place and ends up another.  I'm not overly anxious for him to start crawling or walking yet.  My DD didn't walk until 14 months and I was anxious for her to walk but after she started walking I realized how easy it was when she stayed where I put her so now I'm definitely enjoying him being mostly sedentary
  • Options
    Started to sit up, crawl and pull up to stand all in the last week. Holy shit. This is all a full two months before his sister. I'm not ready.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Options
    For two months, we've been saying "today is the day he will crawl!" He likes to get on all fours, pivot, and sit back up. He does this pivot-move all over the house and in his crib.

Now he's started pulling himself up, sometimes, so I'm wondering if he will maybe skip crawling and pretend to walk for another six months but never do it.

I'm with @LaurenAnn0405, I don't mind having a baby with limited mobility right now!
  • Options
    @jessieR358 and @lovethatcolosun Our library has a great children's section, all carpeted, with a bead tracking toy, puppets, and events we go to like baby story time and family music time. It's a public library but clean and with well mannered patrons. I agree it's unlikely there would be drugs on the floors, but LO just picked up a terrible virus (flu?) from somewhere and has had fevers and is throwing up. Don't know if he got it from daycare or one of our outings when he played on the floor. I did try to put down blankets in the beginning but he would just crawl off the blanket or lift the blanket to check underneath. Curious little guy! I guess if I do this again I should be careful to wash his hands really well after. Guess it may have been a parenting fail:(
  • Options
    ^^^ Not a parenting fail. I think babies are just going to get stuff because of hands in mouth, as well as everything else in their mouth.

@virginiaunicorn11 my LO does the exact same thing your describing. All. The. Time.
  • Options
    Heads up...DD never crawled not even a little she starting grazing at 7 months and was walking at the end of her 9yh month. I wasn't prepared for that at all.
  • Options
    @devyns2nd you will need to make sure you get a video of that to show him when he's older!
  • Options
    @devyns2nd mine does it too! I videoed him today. So funny!
  • Options
    We've been doing the GI Joe crawl for about two months now. He's starting to get up on all fours and rock back and forth so hopefully a "real" crawl is coming soon. Not even close to walking yet (8 months)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Started crawling properly just after the new year, but had been army crawling since just over 5 months. He's also been pulling himself up since just before 6 months, and started cruising around shortly thereafter. Far too mobile for my liking - nothing and nowhere is safe anymore! (Turned 7 months 23/1)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Started real crawling yesterday. She has been getting to all 4s since Christmas week. She would hang out there and rock a bit, and then two weeks ago she figured out how to get herself to a seated position from there. I guess that bored her bc she'd been working pretty hard at picking up one hand at a time and trying to move her legs and yesterday it finally all clicked. She turned 7 months on the 21st.

Almost as soon as she started crawling she went over to the ottoman and was petting it and examining it like "I bet I could pull up on that." TOO SOON BABY.
  • Options
    LO started crawling yesterday! Let the fun begin!
  • Options
    Ours started crawling today! Yay!
  • Options

V is a crazy crawler now and I miss the simpler times... she has to stay in the pack and play and crib much more often now that she will chase down the dog and go for his bones or shoes or anything else that doesn't look like it's for a baby. She just started pulling herself up on stuff which is all kinds of scary!