May 2016 Moms
Options

Half Baked!!

2»

Re: Half Baked!!

• Options
    @yogahh I think they do another round of blood work soon anyway. Maybe it's with the glucose test? I ended up becoming anemic around half way through my pregnancy with DD. Taking iron supplements made a huge difference in my energy level!
  • Options
    I celebrated my 20-week mark with a nasty upper respiratory infection.  :(  Aside from that I'm feeling a lot better and I'm noticing it's harder to sit up from a laying position thanks to the growing bump!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't believe it's going so fast this time. I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow and I feel like last pregnancy time crawled and this time I blinked and it's half over.

I'm way more relaxed this time, mostly thanks to DS since I'm usually occupied with chasing him around or doing stuff with him. The biggest difference this time around is energy levels. I was super tired last time but I think maybe I'm just adjusted to being tired and it's my normal state (again, thanks to DS) so the pregnancy exhaustion doesn't phase me as much this time.n
  • Options
    Im surprised it has gone by so fast!
    I'm feeling really good, but I am surprised by how quick my back or hips will start to ache out of no where.
    Weight gain hasn't been an issue yet but I feel like I have the chance to blow up if I don't watch it, so health & fitness are big priorities moving forward!!
    28, DH - 30 
    Married 10/04/14 
    TTC since 1/1/15
    BFP 5/28/15
    MC 6/9/15
    BFP#2 9/21/15 - EDD 5/20/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Yay!! I'm glad the halfway mark is there. Unfortunately my chronic back pain and other issues have really made this a tough and worry some journey so far and now I just hope things will get better from here onwards;-) counting down now with all of you . And tomorrow we will fly to Thailand to get a little baby moon and twosome time while we still can. I hope you guys all have lovely New Years Eve celebrations and I'm looking forward to a very exciting new year for all of us.
    Cheers !

• Options
    I'm due on May 27th as well! It really doesn't feel like I'm halfway through yet. I feel like I'm huge but everyone else says I'm not showing hardly at all. They really don't know when I say that I'm talking about all my female curves, not just my bump. :P

I'm with @yogahh in the tired boat. It really hit the day after Christmas. By 9pm I can barely keep my eyes open! Maybe I'll try taking some iron and see if that helps during the day time.
  • Options
    @mumbolino Thailand! Take me with you ;)

I feel like the first 12 weeks crawled just because we were so scared of having a loss. Once we got past that time is FLYING. Time to kick husbands butt into gear with names and house projects.
    I am one of 4 women pregnant at work, all due in May. It's funny how it worked out (sexy August I guess), and it's helping one of our more standoffish RNs break out of her shell a bit. We joke that we'll all be in labor at the same time, but it is a possibility.

I'm feeling great and have been doing barre pregnancy workouts, which is a trip cause I'm use to running for 4-6 miles and lifting weights prepregnancy, and this workout with little 5 lbs weights is Killer! First time I was like, What fresh hell is this !?! Total surprise how effective it is.
  • Options
    I'm finally at 20 weeks!!  I'm not really sure if I had any expectations of what pregnancy would be like, but I think what surprises me is how much I'm showing.  It makes sense though since I'm not very tall and don't have a long torso and I was comparing myself to my two sisters who are tall and have long torsos.  I figured since this is my first it'd take a little while for my bump to pop, but nope!  20 weeks and all baby bump.
  • Options
    I too am finally just past 20 weeks. Everyone says I am not showing but I've noticed changes in my body. I began already quite over weight so in not sure what my belly will look like by the end. Im surprised to already be half way there and hope the next half goes by just as quickly. Im so anxious to meet my little guy.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Half way baked as of Friday!!
  • Options
    Everyone here is over 20w now, right?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    22 weeks as of yesterday.

It's been easier than I expected, although I'm sure that'll change soon. I still can't really believe it's real. Last night around 5 am, though, the futurebaby decided it was officially big enough to start kicking the hell out of my stomach. It kicked so hard that it surprised my dog who was sleeping curled up next to me.
  • Options
    kami09 said:

Still.not.there. :s

May 31st ya'll.

I'm rooting for you @kami09 :). Almost there.
  • Options

To all my other early May/late April mamas: Happy Viability Day! It does feel so good to be this far along, but it is scary thinking "Only a few more months left..."

I had a minor set-back with this horrendous cold over the weekend, but otherwise feeling much better than I was at this point with my son. I didn't realize just how sick I was with him. As a FTM, I thought my symptoms were normal and didn't want to complain or seem like I wasn't tough enough so I ignored a lot of the pain, headaches, dizziness, swelling, and generally feeling yucky. Now, I'm realizing I don't need to feel horrible to know that I am pregnant. It is nice.

Also, MH is constantly surprised when he calls on his way home to work and I don't want him to pick up cheeseburgers or ice cream. That was a daily occurrence during my 1st pregnancy, but now I'm not giving into the bad cravings as much. Baby Luna is just as happy with some lean salmon or chicken and a glass of milk to take care of my protein and dairy cravings, thank you!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @laurenmdrn16 I told DH this weekend that we are hitting viability day this week and we were both stunned by how fast it's going the second time! One hurdle down, I love this milestone so much for so many reasons.