Baby Names
Options

Baby boy name

I love the name my SO and I have picked out, but our families are giving us mixed reviews. So, I'm asking what you people think of it: Alaric Daymon Von W.

Re: Baby boy name

• Options
    It's NMS but I don't think it's a bad name at all. Different but not too out there where you have never heard of it.

As long as you two love it, don't worry about other opinions, especially from family. It's not like they will love the baby any less because of a name. My sister told me to never ask opinions of others on a name you have decided. Some of our family members didn't like our name at first but now they love it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's nms and I've never seen that spelling of Damon. If it's not a family name I'd stick to the traditional spelling, otherwise it's just jumping on the trendy bandwagon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Obviously I heard of Alaric from vampire diaries. It is a different name but it's not a horrible name to me. I prefer Damon spelled wothout an Y. I personally find the Y unnecessary and do not like when I see added letters.
  • Options
    g8trkimg8trkim member
    edited January 2016
    I like like it other than the Y in Damon. Or is this it supposed to be Damien?

• Options
    I don't hate Alaric but what is Daymon?  Do you mean Damon?  No need to add random y's

• Options
    penelope4612penelope4612 member
    edited January 2016
    NMS, but nothing wrong with it other than that Damon is misspelled.
  • Options
    Love Alaric.
  • Options
    I love Alaric and Damon spelled properly. I don't know if you know or care but The Vampire Diaries has two characters, Alaric and Damon, who are best friends. If you don't like pop culture references that might be relevant to you.
  • Options
    My son's name is Alaric. And I was just recently told of this whole Vampire Diaries thing, and that they pronounce the name "ah-LAR-ik" in it. It's properly pronounced "AL-ah-rik". So, obviously I think it's a great name, as long as you're using the traditional, correct pronunciation.
  • Options
    the only thing wrong with the name is the Daymon part. Spell it correctly
  • Options
    stardraumrstardraumr member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the feed back. The"Daymon", is in honor of my grandfather, spelled exactly so. Not "Damon". He'd have been 95 this year, so, trendy it is definitely not.
  • Options
    Be sure that you're okay with nn's Al and Rick but otherwise, I like the name.