3rd Trimester
Options

Overcoming pregnancy insomnia

2»

Re: Overcoming pregnancy insomnia

• Options
    Magnisium citrate...:)
  • Options
    39 weeks insomniac :s Maybe bcos I'm at the finish line n can't stand being pregs anymore..my 4 previous pregnancies I had them at least 1 week or a bit more before my due date..this time it's not going that way n I'm up til morning tossing..no bueno
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    definitely light exercise, And of you wake up in the middle of the night, go and do something relaxing on the couch in the living room until you feel tired again and only then go back to bed.
  • Options
    Epsom salt baths have become a LIFE SAVER for me. Takes away some aches and pains and helps me to relax. Plus, I love the meditative-like bonding with LO when I have nothing else to focus on but her movements.

Walking does help me sleep but makes me achey so if I do it, I follow it with a bath.
  • Options
    I've been waking up a lot during the night. We live in flats and I've noticed more often than not I wake up when the baby downstairs is crying. Is this normal? I figured it might just be my new mama instinct.
  • Options
    My bradley class instructor made us do pelvic thrusts nightly for a week and swore she always heard back from students how much it helped to sleep. It didnt do much the first week, but after the 2nd week and until now 4 weeks it helps me sleep wonderfully. The days I skip it, I notice I wake up more often. 
  • Options
    I usually try not to nap much during the day, stay hydrated and sleep with a pillow between my legs and under my belly.
  • Options
    Try taking benadryl and a warm bath before bed. That's what I normally do and it helps me sleep almost every time :) also Dr. Teal's lavender and vanilla Epsom salt does wonders and will help relieve any sore muscles too :)
  • Options
    I've had a lot of RLS that makes it hard to get comfortable. I've been sporadically doing prenatal yoga which helps a lot. I say yoga, but really its a bunch of light stretches that help alleviate back, hip, and leg pain. I sleep so much better on nights that I do it. Also, epsom salt baths have been fantastic for my RLS.
  • Options
    molly2323molly2323 member
    edited July 2017
    ***Removed for TOS Violation***
  • Options
    I'm up for the second morning in a row at 5 am.  It's like a switch turns on and my thoughts for the day start running wild and I can feel little man stirring down below.  I do end up going to bed really early which I'm sure is part of it but this is new for us at 27 weeks.  Will it be like this daily?  My hubby says it's anxiety but I'm not anxious!  I just apparently enjoy getting up and writing to do lists....
  • Options
    Omg.... In mY 3rd trimester and really feels like I wana puke. With abdominal pains. My doctor said am fine Just my body preparing for labour. Who has this feeling that I have?
  • Options
    HI! FTM here, I feel so tired constantly. Can't keep my eyes open. Luckily on maternity leave so I don't have to force myself to stay awake. However I CANT SEEM TO SLEEP LONGER THAN TWO OR THREE HOURS! Is that normal??? It's so rediculous. My LO moves and groves all the time and is making me sick to my stomach too! She's lovely, I'm glad she's healthy and has a pattern but my DD is 2/28 and I'm SO ready to get "un-pregnant" as my Dr. So graciously said.
  • Options
    Ktkay83Ktkay83 member
    @jessica015 me too! I have been battling this a lot this week. It is really tough.
  • Options
    I exercise regularly in addition to walking 3-4 miles a day, have the sleep pillow, have melatonin before bed, do all the things and usually fall asleep between 11-12 but then get up to pee around 3am and can never fall back asleep easily. My brain is just ON and this bebe is flipping around constantly. I’m 36 weeks. 

I also have had an itch on my left shoulder that feels like a bug bite but has been there for like a month and keeps me up at night itching it’s bizarre. No sign of a bite!!

Getting enough sleep to put in a full days work is becoming increasingly difficult. 
  • Options
    I would recommend going to the mall and walking then going home and if possible.. sex. Biggest stress reliever! That always seems to help me and put me to sleep like a baby. If that doesn't help I was reconrecomm by my obgyn Unisom. That can be purchased over the counter but be careful it hits you pretty hard.