Multiples
Options

Fetal Echo for Baby B

Hello, my peri referred me to a cardiologist later this week to get a fetal echo of Baby B's heart (we are currently 24 weeks). She said it looks like there may be a small hole between the left and right chambers of the heart (I'm not sure what the medical term is for this). I'm just curious if anyone has experienced this, what the process is when you go to a cardiologist for a fetal echo, what to expect, etc. The peri said if there is a hole it looks very small and sometimes they close up on their own by the time the baby is born, but of course we are still worried. This is the second item of concern they have noticed with Baby B, as our OB originally noticed a spot on her heart (EIF) which is what took us to the peri in the first place. 

Re: Fetal Echo for Baby B

• Options
    No experience but my thoughts are with you and your little ones. I'm sorry you're dealing with this and I hope it goes well with the cardiologist.
  • Options
    tgrlily287 I just went through a fetal echo of both babies by a pediatric cardiologist, it is basically a very long and super detailed u/s of just the hearts of the babies.  It is a bit tricky for them to get all of the views and measurements and took almost 2 hours for us with me changing positions a few times to get a baby to move, but it is basically easy and you should have results right away.  Wishing you well!
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby B has a single vessel cord and we went in for a fetal echo around 20 weeks and it was just like any other ultrasound but focused on baby's heart. They ran the echo on both twins since it's their procedure with twins.

Also, I know it's easier said the done but try not to stress about the hole in baby's heart. This condition runs in my family and they are some of the healthiest people I know. My dad is one of those affected and it hasn't slowed him down one bit. He is still able to run marathons at 60.