March 2016 Moms

Is NOW right for starting a March 2016 Facebook group?

skruhminskruhmin member
edited January 2016 in March 2016 Moms
I know we've all had our fun with all of the repetitious Facebook group posts during first trimester, along with the unending jokes - like how many FB groups are there really for March 2016. But seeing that we're all in third trimester, we should for the most part know each other pretty well. It might be nice to be able to keep track of each other better, especially with labor and delivery on the horizon. So are we ready to do an official FB group for March 2016? I'm thinking a secret group so that scary internet strangers won't get us.
DS1 - 9/21/11
DS2 - 7/4/14
DS3 - 2/21/16
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

Is NOW right for starting a March 2016 Facebook group? 95 votes

Yes! I'm in!
72% 69 votes
No way, still want to be anonymous
14% 14 votes
Not sure
12% 12 votes

Re: Is NOW right for starting a March 2016 Facebook group?

• Stupid questions but I've never been in a Fb group before...is it private? Can my friend see that I'm in it? Can others in the group see my Facebook page? TIA xo

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • kyraaDkyraaD member
    edited January 2016
    ecwk said:

Stupid questions but I've never been in a Fb group before...is it private? Can my friend see that I'm in it? Can others in the group see my Facebook page? TIA xo

depends on the group. some of them are open groups where you can just join & i think it shows on your profile. & some are closed where you have to be approved by the group admin. I'm not sure if your FB friends can see if you're in the group if it's closed though.

ETA others in the group can see your page, yeah. but if you're not friends on FB then they can only see as much as your privacy settings allow (:
  • SarahFoley725SarahFoley725 member
    edited January 2016
    @ecwk I made the group private/secret. It shouldn't show up on your and no one can search for the group either. "Only members can find the group and see posts." As for group members seeing your FB page that depends on your personal privacy settings (so the same as anyone you weren't friends with clicking on your profile"
  • @ecwk I made the group private/secret. It shouldn't show up on your and no one can search for the group either. "Only members can find the group and see posts." As for group members seeing your FB page that depends on your personal privacy settings (so the same as anyone you weren't friends with clicking on your profile"

Thanks!! YGPM

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love my d13 fb ladies! It's been so fun to watch the kiddos grow and get to know each other!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Definitely still room.  Just PM @SarahFoley725 to get access. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• If you are requesting to join, please include your Bump name in your request so we know who you are! Thanks :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • I believe I just requested to join the group....I'm barely active on TheBump but I'm on Facebook more :)
  • So I'll bite. This may make me sound like the bad guy, but I don't want to join a Facebook group with people that weren't active on The Bump. I am certainly not a group spokesperson but I believe this is a sentiment shared by most people that are semi-regularly active here.

The whole idea of this BMB was basically to connect with others and discuss our pregnancies and everyday minutia in preparation for us to be comfortable with connecting via a more personal social network.

I'm not talking about those that check in every now and then. We recognize your names, don't worry.

For those of you that have had the most minimal or no interaction here on TB, you may have better luck with the FB group that was started from the beginning, although @torpedogirl would have better insight to whether that is true or not.

Please don't take this as elitist or a personal attack. It was our intention from the beginning to get to know each other here before divulging our personal information to "random" people on the internet due to stranger danger concerns and whatnot.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • I'm already a bit disappointed in some of the ppl let into the group. I have literally NEVER seen these people post and when i look them up they have 4 posts since July. Thats it. That is not an active member to me, therefore I do not want to share my shit with them on FB :(

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm already a bit disappointed in some of the ppl let into the group. I have literally NEVER seen these people post and when i look them up they have 4 posts since July. Thats it. That is not an active member to me, therefore I do not want to share my shit with them on FB :(
    No worries...taken care of :)
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No worries...taken care of :)
    -----------qbf----------- Just to reiterate what @flowerpower5838 said, it's not the intention to be elitist. In my personal opinion, I think a lot of us at least TRIED to participate in a somewhat regular basis and made an effort to get to know people and let them know us. I understand that some may feel like they know someone because you keep up with TB threads but we still don't know you if you don't post.
    Also, it's never too late to try and get to know us :-)  Post and let us know who you are.

Word.  I require at least 27.63 interactions before I can actually consider you an active member of this group.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Okay I will admit I am not as active as I would like to be! I'm mobile most of the time and the bump app hates me! Lol also I have a 14 month old the in constantly chasing around. I am also in a oct14 fb group that we developed through the bump which I am very active in! It's much easier to be active on Fb then it is here! I'll re introduce myself though! I'm Rachel and I'm married and 25. I have an almost 15 month little boy and am having a little girl due March 3rd! Super nervous about having 2u2!
  • Seriously, it would be easier to be more active on here if the app was better. Gee whiz, Bump.
  • Seriously, it would be easier to be more active on here if the app was better. Gee whiz, Bump.

everyone says this about the app, but i haven't had any issues with it, hahah. i dont have a computer of any kind so I've only ever used the app.
  • kyraaD said:

Seriously, it would be easier to be more active on here if the app was better. Gee whiz, Bump.

everyone says this about the app, but i haven't had any issues with it, hahah. i dont have a computer of any kind so I've only ever used the app.
    Same!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've never had an issue either and I've been on both android and iPhone since finding out I was pregnant.
  • It always logs me out without me realizing. It took me a couple of weeks to figure out that's why it wouldn't let me post or like anything (my bad). Also, do you get notifications somewhere in the app? Because I just have yet to locate any. I just try to keep track of which threads I've been on recently and check them repeatedly... Maybe I'm just Bump App Challenged.
  • I know some people that have issues with the app use TB via the actual website through a browser, just an FYI for those having app probz.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• It always logs me out without me realizing. It took me a couple of weeks to figure out that's why it wouldn't let me post or like anything (my bad). Also, do you get notifications somewhere in the app? Because I just have yet to locate any. I just try to keep track of which threads I've been on recently and check them repeatedly... Maybe I'm just Bump App Challenged.

yeah, it signs you out if you leave the app to do anything else on your phone. so i just close out the app & reopen it. or refresh the app twice.
    as for notifications, no, the app doesn't give me notifications. but when i go onto the app it shows if there have been any new posts on whatever threads I've clicked/commented on.
  • kyraaD said:
    It always logs me out without me realizing. It took me a couple of weeks to figure out that's why it wouldn't let me post or like anything (my bad). Also, do you get notifications somewhere in the app? Because I just have yet to locate any. I just try to keep track of which threads I've been on recently and check them repeatedly... Maybe I'm just Bump App Challenged.
    yeah, it signs you out if you leave the app to do anything else on your phone. so i just close out the app & reopen it. or refresh the app twice. as for notifications, no, the app doesn't give me notifications. but when i go onto the app it shows if there have been any new posts on whatever threads I've clicked/commented on.
    Same. For a while I was getting logged out every time I'd open a thread, then try to go back to the March board to find a new thread. Typically if I went back to the main community page then clicked March again it would be fine. Haven't had any issues the past month and a half or so though! I actually discovered TB through my app store, it took me forever to realize that it was actually a website, then even longer for me to actually access it through my computer, haha. But no notifications here either. I wish though! I do see the same "# new posts" message, but it would be nice to know if someone directly quoted or responded to me if I asked a question or something so I could check that when I'm in a hurry. I just skim if I'm not able to take the time to read in-depth.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• The only issues I have had is uploading pics from my phone and if a call comes in while I am typing a comment it won't let me post it saying "you don't have permission to do that". But those are minor hiccups.
  • kitteh81 said:

Wait, you mean people call you on your phone? That sounds terrifying.

Oh yay! I'm not the only one that doesn't use her phone for phone calls! I watch it ring and then just text people back. Only phone calls I answer are from my doctors office and mom. I'm scared of my mom. Lol

I hate talking on the phone. Sometimes I even ignore calls from mom... :#
  • kitteh81 said:

Wait, you mean people call you on your phone? That sounds terrifying.

Lol. My husband is an over the road truck driver so we talk on and off all day and night. And the in-laws constantly call, but I usually don't answer.