Health & Exercise
Options

PIYo?

Hi Ladies, sorry if this has been asked before, but I was just curious if anyone has used PIYo (a beachbody program) while pregnant? I've read good things about it, but was just wondering how it has been going if you are using it?  Since it is a combination of Yoga and Pilates, I feel it will be generally safe to use (with modifications for certain poses), but I haven't started it yet.  I was hoping to get some feedback from others currently using it!  Do you like it? How do you feel when doing it?  I just finished P90X3 and 21 Day Fix Extreme and I think those programs will be too intense for me to keep doing.  
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PIYo?

• Options
    I've done lots of Pilates, yoga, strength training, other fitness DVDs like Jillian Michaels, Tracy Anderson, along with a few diff. Beach Body workout programs (21DF, Insanity) and just got PiYo last week.

The workouts are definitely low impact, and I don't always necessarily feel that challenged by them. They do make me feel longer, and more peaceful, however. This is my second pregnancy by the way, and I am in my first trimester. I'm a little over four weeks. My first trimester I plan to continue what I've been doing. Jillian Michaels and 21DF, not in any specified order or anything. I will stop doing this until I feel like I can't keep up. I'm not really out to push myself too hard during this pregnancy.

PiYo will probably be good for the second trimester for me. I'm really not sure how I'm going to maintain a plank while in my third trimester though LOL and I don't really want to try!

Another thing that I plan to do during this pregnancy is the Tracy Anderson pregnancy DVDs. I used them with my last pregnancy. They are definitely low impact and her focus is to just maintain the body that you already have. Keep your butt where it is! You should look into that as well, for a less strenuous workout.

• Options
    @jilligirl16 thanks I will check out Tracy. I've never heard of her.

I am having a hard time now gettin  through my workouts (I've been mixing them up on demand) so I'm also looking forward to the next couple weeks when hopefully this first trimester gets easier!  I'm 6w and since week four I have been getting really tired and out of breath much more than I normally would and had to modify the modifier! I was doing 21day fix extreme when I found out I was pregnant and stopped doing thAt after it was done. Was a bit too much at this point! I have tried Autumn's first trimester workout on demand and liked that also.

I c as n hardly hold planks now, I can't imagine what that'll look like 6 months from now! :smile: 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Beachbody also has a program specific to pregnancy!  They're run by Autumn Calabrese who also created the 21-day fix.  I'm sure Piyo is okay to do also but definitely check out the pregnancy workouts as well.  It's helpful because the workouts are split up into trimesters. 
    https://www.beachbody.com/product/bod/exclusive/pregnancy-workouts-exercises.do 
  • Options
    Beachbody also has a program specific to pregnancy!  They're run by Autumn Calabrese who also created the 21-day fix.  I'm sure Piyo is okay to do also but definitely check out the pregnancy workouts as well.  It's helpful because the workouts are split up into trimesters. 
    https://www.beachbody.com/product/bod/exclusive/pregnancy-workouts-exercises.do 
    @smitch588 I've already done the first trimester one a couple times! :smiley: 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    smitch588smitch588 member
    edited January 2016
    Oh great! Sorry I couldn't help then! lol
  • Options
    Are the beachbody pregnancy workouts only available On Demand?
  • Options
    mamasmurf12mamasmurf12 member
    edited October 2016
    Just have to say I just did PiYo for first time since my BFP (10 weeks) and it just made me totally sick to my stomach and light headed. I did the strength version of PiYo (with) slides this summer, so my body should be used to it. But all the blood rushing to my head and downward dog made me super nauseous. I am bummed...this is one of my favorite program! Since I got pregnant, I've done portions of p90x3, 21df, and 21dfx...none of them made me feel this way! 

That said, if you google "PiYo while pregnant", there is a document from the Beachbody blog that lists pregnancy modifications for every video. Maybe I'll be able to return to it when the nausea subsides!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34