February 2016 Moms
Options

Sex and contractions

Just curious if anyone is still having sex with thier SO's. Last time we did I had awful contractions afterwards that I swore u was going into preterm labor. Since then we've limited things to just fooling around. Was hoping to enjoy the last few weeks before I'm on recovery and not able/willing to have sex with DH for a few weeks. Plus it's kind of a bonus of not using any birth control and not worrying about getting pregnant for now.
BabyFruit Ticker image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sex and contractions

• Options
    Not as often, I've found if I don't orgasm beforehand the contractions are less/not there. Granted it's not super common for us at this point because my stomach always feels too big. I'd rather do other stuff with him than sex at this point haha.
  • Options
    We have stopped at this point. With twins there is just too much pressure down there for either of us to enjoy it. He feels awkward I hurt, it's just not working. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, that's happening to me as well...since the middle of the second trimester. For at least an hour or 2 after sex I get bad contractions..and it seems like they've been getting worse the further along in pregnancy I get. I feel like at some point they just won't stop and will turn into labor..hopefully that doesn't happen for another few weeks though. I like to take a warm bath after sex, and the water helps ease the contractions.
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yes, we still have sex all the time. I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow. I never experienced contractions after sex. But it's definitly awesome not having to worry about birth control etc.
  • Options
    No contractions, but certain positions hurt me. We did a few days ago and I lost my mucus plug after which totally freaked me out.
  • Options
    I'm 35 weeks and we are still able to have sex regularly. I had horrible contractions after sex one night and had to call the doctor at 2am. They said to use a condom from then on and we should be fine. Semen has prostaglandins in it which trigger contractions so as long as he doesn't finish inside you, you should be okay (in my experience anyway).
  • Options
    DH and I had sex a couple days ago for the first time in a couple weeks and everything was great until after. I don't think that it was contractions, but I had a lot of pain in my right lower abdomin. I guess it could have been, but it was constant, no break, for a little over an hour. Eventually it just went away on its own, so I never called the doctor, but I'll mention it to her Friday at my next appointment. Also I make him pull out, so no semen to trigger anything.
  • Options
    I don't know that I get contractions afterwards but I definitely get some pretty painful BH every time. I take my magnesium and chug some water or jump in a hot shower and I'm usually good. I'm trying to have sex until the very end lol. Although DH is getting more worried as this baby drops lower lol. She's so much lower than our first and he's starting to get a little paranoid that he might touch her in there lol.
  • Options
    @Kiek mine is worried about touching her in there too. Mainly because I told him that the doctor checks for breech with her fingers and feeling the baby. His thought is if she can feel it with just her fingers, he will for sure touch her. Which, I mean, I totally understand haha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have sex daily.... And never had contractions after or during. Certain positions I get a cramp but thats it. Ill be 35 weeks in a couple days.
  • Options
    We have sex ~2x a week now.  I haven't had any contractions as a result of sex.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The idea of sex is just repulsive to me. I do plan on having plenty of sex closer to my due date to help hurry along the labor
  • Options
    @thisusername thank goodness I am not the only one that is thinking "Sex? What is that? And, no thank you". Of course, I have spent the last 6 weeks feeling like someone has kicked me in the crotch, so that could be a big reason for my lack of interest. And yes, as the date gets closer, we will resume such activities. I don't want to go over my due date and I don't want an induction... And I know that there will be a 6-8 week waiting period after delivery.
  • Options
    We have tried twice since Christmas, and neither time has been pleasurable.  I'm 34 weeks today.  I've been very uncomfortable and achy anyway, so that doesn't really help things.  It sucks because I still want to but its just not enjoyable anymore.  No cramping though! 
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SgtLou2 said:

@thisusername thank goodness I am not the only one that is thinking "Sex? What is that? And, no thank you". Of course, I have spent the last 6 weeks feeling like someone has kicked me in the crotch, so that could be a big reason for my lack of interest. And yes, as the date gets closer, we will resume such activities. I don't want to go over my due date and I don't want an induction... And I know that there will be a 6-8 week waiting period after delivery.

Oh my goodness the crotch pain!!! DH doesn't get it at all. I tried to tell him it feels like someone is taking a knife and sawing at me from time to time. I feel a little bad, but then I'll get kicked again and I remember Sex is what lead us to this lack of sex and pain!
  • Options
    My husband and I still have sex daily, some times twice daily. I have never experienced anything like contractions but it definitely feels sore after everything is done. Since there will be none after baby is born for almost two months have to get in as much now as possible! Plus you can't get pregnant while pregnant
  • Options
    We bring each other to orgasm but haven't had actual sex the last month or so. For no particular reason, except it's easier to stay comfortable. I sometimes get painless contractions after, but nothing worrisome.
  • Options
    My husband and I are still having sex a few times a week. I haven't experienced any contractions yet. Currently 34 weeks pregnant. I will say I am not finding a lot of positions hurt now though.
  • Options
    You women are wonderful significant others. I have had so many conversations a with my husband about how guilty I feel for not wanting to have sex or being in the mood. We have had sex a handful of times the last few weeks weeks, but purely because I want to still be able to do that for him (if that makes sense), not because I am in the mood or enjoying it. I seriously prefer just showering together, etc. but all that is a tease for him. Just last night he said, "my sex life is great, it's just with myself." #wifefail
  • Options
    I remember daily sex or sex multiple times a day. Sigh. Then my baby turned into a toddler lol. Also I bruise down there every single time this trimester. So i need a few days to recover every time. Annoying.
  • Options
    Me and my partner still have sex, I am now 34 weeks pregnant. At 28 weeks I went into early labour although the hospital was able to stop it, quite sure it was from having sex. Was kind of scared to have sex again although we have and it seems like the problem was from not using protection (TMI, sorry!)
  • Options

Me and my partner still have sex, I am now 34 weeks pregnant. At 28 weeks I went into early labour although the hospital was able to stop it, quite sure it was from having sex. Was kind of scared to have sex again although we have and it seems like the problem was from not using protection (TMI, sorry!)

I've heard a lot of women say sperm is what helped them jump start their labor. (And honestly I don't think anything is TMI on this board at this point!)
  • Options
    CLand3CLand3 member
    edited January 2016
    @thisusername I work usually 35-45 hours a week and 90% of the time I'm so tired. But my husband is just so loving and he takes such good care of me. Massaging my back and feet, taking care of our other two daughters. Cooking and cleaning all the time. The man is a saint. And all of this on top of his full time job. It's so hard not to be turned on by him! Plus our crazy sex is what got us into this position.

Edited to add more sex!
  • Options
    Kimbarbour08Kimbarbour08 member
    edited January 2016
    We really aren't having it now, but it's really because DH is not that into it lately. He's not used to the extra weight on top of him lol! He is just kind of weirded out by it, but I'm hoping to get in at least one more time before I pop, because then there's 6 weeks guaranteed without. I'd be happy to still be doing it regularly, even though now it is awkward and I can't do what I normally like to. I guess I should be happy DH doesn't feel deprived, I offer all the time lol

ETA: Didn't even mention the point of the thread which had to do with contractions! No issues with that, but DH hasn't "finished" that way in a while (again, due to him being kinda weirded out) so that's probably why since it's the sperm, not the sex, that can induce them.
  • Options
    CLand3 said:

@thisusername I work usually 35-45 hours a week and 90% of the time I'm so tired. But my husband is just so loving and he takes such good care of me. Massaging my back and feet, taking care of our other two daughters. Cooking and cleaning all the time. The man is a saint. And all of this on top of his full time job. It's so hard not to be turned on by him! Plus our crazy sex is what got us into this position.

Edited to add more sex!

I could understand that then! If my husband even just washed a plate I would probably be more inclined to actually do it. So, when does your husband start teaching classes to the others..? Can you sign us up 9 months ago? :lol:
  • Options
    We still are (though not as often) and I haven't experienced any pain/contractions or anything like that.  I plan to have more as we get closer to my due date to see if we can help things along :)
  • Options
    My SO has swore off sex which bothers me so because my libido just so happens to be coming back. He scared of poking something or the baby. Lol men
  • Options
    @thisusername I wish every man was like this. I honestly don't know how I got so lucky!
  • Options
    Have had sex twice this year so far (2016) and both times I've had cramping afterwards... it usually lasts a day. I suggested he try not finishing inside to see if that's why I'm cramping.. so we will see. Bless you ladies that do it every day. Sex is hard pregnant and lately I've only been comfortable in one position!
    Married: 2012 --- BFP: 2013 - Little Miss arrived: 2014 --- BFP #2: 2015 - EDD: 2/2016 (Team Green)
  • Options
    We're still having sex, though not nearly as frequently. We're down from 2-3 times a week to once a week, or sometimes every other week. What really helped was taking the focus off of PIV sex and focusing on oral/manual. All my favorite positions are uncomfortable and I'm not just enjoying actual intercourse as much. My partner and I try never to turn the other person down if they approach for sex. Even when I'm not really in the mood, I always find that I'm glad we had sex and we both feel better afterward.

As for contractions, I was getting them bad post-sex in 2nd trimester, but now they seemed to have stopped, thank goodness! 
  • Options
    We haven't had sex in about 2 months. Pre-pregnancy, I was always pretty tight, which was always amazing. Pregnancy and increased hormones just made it more-so and its now too painful for the both of us to attempt. I actually got my epidural during labor with my daughter because of the contractions but it also hurt so much everytime they would check to see how dilated I was. Oh well, it doesn't last forever.