January 2016 Moms
Options

First meal post delivery

All I keep thinking about is what I'm going to eat as my first meal post delivery.

I told my husband I wanted sushi and beer as my first meal. The next meal will be something with runny eggs like eggs benedict with a latte. I don't even like deli meat but I'll probably have a sandwich from jimmy johns after that too with tiramisu.

What's on your menu?

Re: First meal post delivery

• Options
    I've told my family that someone will be bringing me a ham and provolone sub with onions and mayo from "two cousins" to the hospital. Their rolls are delicious!
  • Options
    I just had sushi for dinner. Lol nothing raw though. Been craving it for months. Not sure what is on my menu. I'm hungry right now and want to eat everything.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    narissa2013narissa2013 member
    edited January 2016
    Theirs a deli i love and it happens to be near our hospital. I have told my mom that i want a italian sub (with every meat) as my treat

ETA: and a giant diet coke
  • Options
    ashin121ashin121 member
    edited January 2016
    @Wicked4589 : I want raw sushi!!! *drool* Can't wait to have it. I've been eating California rolls and shrimp tempura rolls during my whole pregnancy. Ah can't wait
    @adcc43 alot of my friends got jimmy johns too :) I want the Turkey sandwich... You're so lucky. Congrats :)
  • Options
    Yep I've been dreaming of all the things I can eat post delivery! I can't make up my mind though :)
  • Options
    Montreal smoked meat sandwich on a crusty bun with cheese. Breakfast will be a runny egg sandwich.
  • Options
    Salami and Bree! Can't waittttt!! And soft serve!! Haha!
  • Options
    I want a veggie burger and a gazillion fries from five guys, haha. It is 6am where I live at the moment and that sounds super yummy right now.... Ugh. Lol
  • Options
    Same as with my DD. DH ran out and got me an awesome sub for lunch (had her in the morning) and my SIL brought me all the spicy tuna rolls for dinner when she came to visit. I expect the same treatment this time around :)
  • Options
    I was in labor for nearly 30 hours with my son, my first meal post delivery was whatever the nurse got them to bring me from the hospital cafeteria. I was way too starving to wait for something else lol. Sushi is definitely on my must eat list this time!
  • Options
    Crawfish etoufee. Oh how I miss spicy food!
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15
    1st Appt 06/10/2015 Peanut has HB 150
    A/S 09/02/15 It's a Girl!! Low placenta, but everything else great!

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    It wasn't my first meal because as the IV meds, Pitocin, Epi. were wearing off after delivery, I wasn't feeling too good.  I ordered from the hospital cafeteria and just got a chicken noodle soup and some white rice. The day after delivery, DH went to an amazing deli we have in town and brought up sandwiches for us.  I've since enjoyed several glasses of wine throughout the first couple of weeks home and even a margarita after DS's last night feeding.  We give him pumped milk during his 2 early morning hour feedings because DH does those and I skip out on pumping during the first early morning feeding so I can get a longer stretch of sleep, which also allows for plenty of time for the alcohol to leave my system and I don't worry about transferring it to him. 
  • Options
    My mom has already promised to bring me an Italian sub with everything and extra pickles from my favorite deli. Once I get home I want *real* sushi and a big glass of Klinker Brick Zinfandel
  • Options
    katiedid0907katiedid0907 member
    edited January 2016
    I really haven't limited myself too much except with undercooked meats/seafood which I don't eat anyway. BUT I can't wait for a glass (or two) of a good wine!!
  • Options
    I have requested a BIG bowl of chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup. I have GD and haven't had ice cream. And maybe a fountain pop with a sub! Yes...that all sounds amazing. So hungry now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well, I'll be stuck with clear liquids for the day of my c-section, but the next day SO will be fetching Mexican food and a giant cup of sweet tea. This place is the only place up here that has real sweet tea. Too bad it's two hours away from home.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• Options
    I just want a beer. None of that light crap. I want an IPA. Obviously it will have to wait until her first feeding
  • Options
    Probably a good ol' sub from Subway because they have one in the hospital... it's nearby, filling, and once I smell it, I absolutely HAVE to have it!
  • Options
    Ahi poke!!!! Steak tartare! Been dreaming of both lol
  • Options
    I've eaten sushi, deli meat, and eggs over easy my whole pregnancy. I AM looking forward to wine. I drank small glasses with DS but couldn't do it this time due to a few complications (rationally I know it's NBD but had a mental block).

My first meal will be the same as with DS. A spicy chicken sandwich from ChickFilA and a real fruit strawberry slushy from Sonic. Rarely eat at either and they're both next to the hospital.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Options
    Sushi!!!

We live a few blocks from a wonderful sushi restaurant. Last time around I ate there twice while pregnant. I *mostly* avoided the raw stuff but snuck a few pieces of my husband's. This time around I avoided it altogether because I know my own self control isn't there. I can't wait to eat it ALL.
  • Options
    I haven't thought about this yet! I've been eating everything I wanted to basically. Sushi in moderation and mostly cooked. Damn it I want sushi now...or Indian food...preferably both :)
  • Options
    All I care about having is a diet coke!
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    Married: October 2011
    DS: January 2016
    DS: May 2019
    #3: April 2022
  • Options
    I am dreaming of Jimmy John's...Turkey Tom with sprouts and salt & vinegar chips!!!
  • Options
    I can't make up my mind! I dunno if I want a nice turkey sub with sprouts or sushi! My c section is at 12:30pm so hopefully I can eat at dinner time. There is a great sushi place and deli down the road from the hospital. I also want a margarita but have yet to figure out how to sneak that into the hospital lol
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, how have I not even thought about this??  I think bagels with lox and cream cheese sounds pretty good, right after delivery.  Maybe some runny eggs to boot, once I'm home.  Mmm.  
  • Options
    I haven't really thought about this. For the most part, I haven't been restricting myself too much. I do not do sushi, and feel like I'm the only one here who doesn't!. There is a Subway in the hospital, so maybe an Italian sub with all the regular veggies. Mainly looking forward to being able to eat anything without worrying or waiting for heartburn/acid reflux to rear its ugly head!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Options
    0a fountain mountain dew and my medium rare steak! Mmmm
  • Options

Honestly, I have a list of meals for the whole weekend surrounding my C-section (Friday the 22nd.)  I never really gave up eating anything, I don't do sushi ever, and I don't drink (SO is 8yrs sober...dry household) so my food choices are based on foods we just don't have in driving distance. 

Night before my C-section I'm having greasy fast food.  There is no fast food where we live.

Mexican food on Saturday with an enormous amount of sweet tea.

Chinese food on Sunday.

None of things exist within 1.5-2hours of my home.  The last time I had any of the above was in October or maybe early November. 

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• Options
    I don't eat sushi and cold cuts aren't that exciting to me... If I do get a sandwich, it would be from a good deli. You'd have to pay me to eat Subway! I've had some cold cut sandwiches that I've heated up in my panini press so I'm not really missing them. I am looking forward to a glass of wine or a diet coke though. I'll have a diet coke brought to me in the hospital and I'll wait a bit on the wine- seems tacky to have it in the hospital lol. I'm not that desperate.
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    Married: October 2011
    DS: January 2016
    DS: May 2019
    #3: April 2022
  • Options
    Ljohn43Ljohn43 member
    edited January 2016
    My mom is bringing me chicken salad crescent sandwiches from my favorite place! I also told her I want a party tray of those little triangle sandwiches (turkey and ham on WHITE bread) that you have at showers (haha)!! I can't wait!!!

When I get home I want raw sushi and a glass of KJ Chardonnay (my fav)! We also bought a super nice bottle of red when we went to Napa last summer (I couldn't drink then obvs) that I am looking forward to sharing after I figure out the whole breastfeeding thing.
  • Options
    The hospital I'm delivering at makes an excellent cheeseburger. If it's lunch or dinner I will be having that. It's a normal meal but they make it taste heavenly. If it's breakfast, I'm going for French toast. What can I say, my hospital actually cooks great food.
  • Options
    I've been eating deli meats, soft cheeses, eggs with runny yolks, and my steak with some pink in it this whole pregnancy. The ones my OB told me to stay away from were sprouts, raw fish, and alcohol.

But my unhealthy love for tacos has had to come to a stop because the salsa I HAVE to use causes so much heartburn, so after he's here I'll probably get my carne asada tacos from my favorite taco place, and a Corona. My mouth is watering thinking about it.
  • Options
    I gave birth 12/30/15 and was sick of jello and chicken broth by the end of the day... I made my fiancé go out and get me a burger, fries and chocolate shake (and then never ate it because I was in so much shock). I am nursing so I'm a little hesitant on drinking wine or anything else yet, but I cannot wait...