March 2016 Moms
Options

Failed my 1st glucose screening...

I took my first glucose screening yesterday, I am 28 weeks. I failed (171). I am worried about my 3 hour test Monday. Has anyone failed 1 and passed 3? If so how far along were you? What was your first number? I have no family history of GD.

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I failed my first glucose test too, my results were 144 and my doctor has 139 as the cut off.... I go back in on Saturday for my 3 hour and an slightly nervous about it too!
  • Options
    JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited December 2015
    I failed the 1 hour with a 147 but passed the 3 hour. The 3 hour was really rough for me. I was very nausous the whole first hour. Then after it was over I got extremly hot and light headed. Come to find out my sugar had actually dropped to a 47 on the last draw. I took a three hour nap when I got home. So if you feel like crap don't read into it at all. It's better to wait to hear the results than get really stressed about "signs" you think may be having. Hope it goes well for you.

• Options
    I'm in the middle of this too. With my first I passed the one hour no problem. With my second I failed the one hour with a 141 and passed the three hour with flying colors.

I found out yesterday that I failed my one hour with a 191! I was shocked it was so high, especially because the only risk factors I have are that I'm over 25 and it's not my first baby. But no family history, not overweight, my other babies were not big (7 pound range). I feel very thrown off by it too. I have my three hour on Tuesday and I'm very anxious to find out what's going on.

• Options
    OP, there's a thread "glucose screening". It should be on the first or second page. There's a lot of stories from different people failing the 1hr but passing the 3hr test and might provide you with some comfort.

If it helps, I too just found out I failed my 1hr test. 168!!! Woo!! (Yes, that's very much a sarcastic woo... It should be a booo!)

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I failed my one hour really bad. My doctor was basically sure I was diabetic but sent me for the 3 hour anyway, and it was totally normal! It can happen, try not to worry too much about it!
  • Options

I failed my one hour really bad. My doctor was basically sure I was diabetic but sent me for the 3 hour anyway, and it was totally normal! It can happen, try not to worry too much about it!

Much appreciated! This is what I'm hoping for!

• Options
    @Jpetro444 I failed my one hour with 170. I was very nervous for my three hour and I found out yesterday that I passed. Bring a snack for after the final blood draw. I was starving and light headed, shaky, sweaty etc. Good luck!