September 2015 Moms
Options

Mommy confessions

Re: Mommy confessions

• Options
    -I let LO sleep on me every nap of the day because I like to snuggle & stare at her. I "should" get her used to sleeping in her crib like she does at night, but I don't want to. I call her a "bad napper" but the problem is probably me.

-I resent my DH for playing video games and leaving me to do all of the childcare & housework, even though we both work outside of the home. Sometimes I daydream about the logistics of divorce, even though I do truly love him.To be fair, LO LOVES her daddy too, so that's reason enough for us to stay.

-when I'm desperate to get something done (shower, vaccum, etc.) I put LO on her daddy & let her watch his video games, even though they can be pretty inappropriate. I hope she doesn't understand what's happening.

-I've left LO on the changing table to grab something or was my hands 4 feet away, but I wouldn't be okay with it if I saw DH do the same thing.

-I feel guilty that LO has spent the vast majority of her life indoors & doesnt get nearly enough fresh air. we don't get out enough!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    -I think I sterilized bottles/pacifiers once.
    -motn diaper changes......only if I can't get him back to sleep.
    -I'm the worst at pumping
    -he naps on me or on the couch, usually on his tummy. I check on him CONSTANTLY.
    -If he doesn't fussy a little at night I get up to make sure he's breathing. But if he fussed too much I complain that he's keeping me up
    -co sleep happens
    -My diet is crap but I've read that breast milk is so amazing that baby gets what they need.
    -tv is always on, cold outside, 2 year old watches when I'm busy with LO. Or Facebook.
    -dh does a lot. Sometimes because I am really exhausted and had a bad day. Sometimes when I fake a bad day. Yes just awesome.
    I could keep going but I should probably tend to baby now.
  • Options
    -I gave up MOTN diaper changes pretty early on
    -I didn't even know that I should sterilize bottles
    -If I want to drink wine at night, I just give the baby premade formula.  I'm totally fine with it.  
    -I feel bad for not holding the baby through her naps.  She always wakes up when I put her down. 
    -I sometimes feel really burdened by having a baby to take care of, even though I love her so much.  This baby stuff is so hard.  
    -I told everyone I couldn't workout until I had my apendix out because I didn't feel like dieting when in fact my doctor told me I could only not run.  
    -I almost never read to my daughter.  
    -I feel such a relief when she goes to bed at night so I can just do what I want. 

Ok, I feel like a horrible parent now, really though, she's the love of my life. 
  • Options
    I leave LO on the changing table so I can go pee sometimes... I know I need to stop soon because she will be learning how to roll but she can be so cranky and you lay her on the changing table and she becomes a ray of sunshine.

I should totally give LO more baths and seriously contemplate using dry shampoo on LO's hair sometimes lol.
  • Options
    I was 5 weeks PP from a traumatic delivery and put baby in Ergo for a walk. I ended up walking to my brother's which is only a mile away but I didn't go directly there so I walked about 2 miles. I pushed it way too far so my brother drove us home, with baby in the Ergo. Just a mile but still a no no.

I leave baby on the changing table to grab things.

If she wakes up too early I pull her in my bed for more sleep. I'm sooo tired in the morning.

I still feel completely incompetent as a mother despite my daughter thriving and showing us new things every day.

A dropped pacifier sometimes gets a quick rinse, sometimes nothing.

• Options
    Thank you so much for these posts! It made me feel so much better, especially about cosleeping and feeling burdened sometimes by baby. Keep up the good work, our babies are healthy and happy!
  • Options
    I very rarely clean the pacifier if it gets dropped on the floor.
    I use MOTN feedings as an excuse to online shop
    I use breastfeeding as an excuse to hide away with LO if I want a break from people
    If LO poops after I've gotten her dressed in the morning I leave it for daycare to clean up
  • Options
    - I let LO sleep on his belly
    - I let my SO sleep through feedings and diaper changes and then get mad after. I make it loud and clear through the baby monitor (normally wakes him up)
    - I hardly hold my LO during the day. Trying to entertain him is exhausting, he loves to just talk to the mirror and play in the exersaucer.
    - I let him watch the TV
    - There are days where I just want to break it off with SO. He is a great father in the sense of playtime but other than that he kinda sucks. He likes LoL and WoW and can spend up to four hours at a time playing it. I'm awful at break ups though...
    - I spend way too much money on baby clothes and really should just let him wear all the hand me downs but they aren't as cute.
  • Options
    I use Baby to get out of doing things with friends/family. I'll lie and say Baby is sleeping or not feeling well or its too cold to get him out.

DH and I have worked out our work schedules so I'm home 3 days a week with Baby and he is home 4 days with Baby. I'm actually relieved when it's time for me to go back to work because it's the only time I get rest at night.

I started giving Baby a spoon of rice cereal at his nighttime feeding despite the pediatrician saying to wait until he's 6 months. He's only 4 months old.

Having a Baby is a lot of work and I feel so guilty complaining because I prayed 7 years for this child. I feel so ungrateful at times.

I let Baby sleep on his stomach.
    Ok that's all the complaining for now:/

• Options
    Reading through these makes me feel so much better in a good way!
    I have a bad habit of always forgetting something while baby is on the changing table and I will go get it. (She is rolling in her side now so this will have to stop!)
    I have a bad habit of not cleaning bottles..I rinse them all the time but actually cleaning them needs to improve.
    I secretly miss being pregnant and I would not be upset if we got pregnant this year..although we have talked about not trying until she's at least two.
    But then on the flip side I feel like I'd hate to have another cause how could I love anyone more than I love her and I want to give her all my time and would hate to split it between two.
    Baby girl sleeps in our room in a pack in play and I'm always asked when will she go to her crib. I say in the spring cause her room is too cold right now with winter but I'm secretly not wanting her to leave anytime soon. I love having her so close to me at night.
    Ahh..I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one with confessions!!
  • Options
    Yiggle09 said:

@ChristaG22
    - I have left him in the car parked super far from other cars to quickly grab something while he was asleep - I am most ashamed about that.

No. This is never ok. No, no, no.
    TTC #1 for 4 years with every trick in the book. IVF in October 2010= BFN
    Elliott Michael born 9/22/11
    Audrey Pauline 9/13/15
  • Options
    -Should really have a bathing routine by now...
    -didn't know nursing to sleep was such a bad thing in the first place, so yeah that is typical. & cosleeping definitely happens.
    -didn't go to therapy as suggested concerning possible ppd. I've handled anxiety/depression for years and was cocky about being fine without.

And worst of all...
    -I'm accident prone. I have fallen down the stairs while holding LO. (He was not hurt at all, I on the other hand was bruised all over). Today I fell while maneuvering the stroller and the stroller fell over too. It was slow and he was secured so he didn't bop his head or anything but I felt like a horrible mother.
  • Options
    Oh and btw a reason why television is "bad" is mainly because it can cause poor eye development. The screens illusion of depth tricks the brain into developing the eyes for a shorter distance or something along those lines... This typically only occurs from prolonged use. (That was my doctors dumbed down version of it for me anyway). My guy was born with one pupil slightly larger so he had an appointment with the optomitrist early on and she said small amounts of screen time were fine and that the main culprit was tablets/phones used as toys (over extended periods of time on a daily basis). Most of the no-tv guilt comes from a social idea that ANY television equals lazy parenting. Don't worry mamas! Y'all working hard!
  • Options
    I go to work once a week in the evenings. After the first day of being the primary are giver for more than 4 hours, my partner said "we need a nanny," and I felt so smug that I handle baby boys care so much better than he does.
  • Options
    - I enjoy being back to work because it's a break.
    - I hate pumping and am weaning at work just because I hate it.
    - I love her more than anything, but some days I put her to bed early so I can have a glass of wine.
    - I have also left her on the changing pad. I've started buckling it though.
    - TV happens.
    - I slack on chores and blame baby on the weekends. Paternal grandmother gets paid to watch her during week and help out around the house so I leave a lot of the cleaning for her.
    - I don't really buy into the mommy guilt. I'm a flawed human being and make sure I'm healthy too, even if that means not following all the guidelines and sacrificing every inch of my soul because I became a parent.
  • Options
    -I love being at home with my LO because I can (and do) stay in my pjs until right before DH gets home. I change so he thinks I've been dressed all days.
    -Some days like I lIke my LO better than my DH.
    -This is my second and I still feel like I don't know what I am doing
    -I've said that my period has lasted longer than it has to avoid sex
    -I am resentful that my DH can nap during the weekends, but no matter how hard I try, I can't nap during the day.

That's all for now!
  • Options
    kmcshane0211kmcshane0211 member
    edited January 2016
    Regarding TV: most research finding discuss the issue of what your child is NOT doing while they're watching as being problematic. They aren't interacting, talking, exploring, etc. With that, I could see justifying watching for a very short period of time.

However, some studies find links to issues of attention span too.

https://www.cyc-net.org/today2001/today010907.html

***** I should emphasize. Zero judgement if you do let your kid watch TV! As an educator, it's difficult for me to tune out this information, though. My daughter will be steering clear from TV for a while.
  • Options
    I definitely relate to a lot more of these.
    -I have also clipped LO's fingers while trying to trim her nails. I no longer do it. I tried biting them for a while, but they always seemed to be sharp still. Now, I just let her grandpa file them every other week. I feel like it should be my job, but I don't want to do it.
    -I almost never rinse a dropped paci. I do carry spares so if we are in a public place, I give her a new one. But then I still forget to sterilize it when we get home, so she eventually will get it again.
    -We have no schedule/ routine. She is held way too much. She stays with my mom 3 days a week, and my MIL and her mom 2 days. Someone is almost always holding her.
    -LO actually stays every Saturday night with one of her grandparents. We alternate weekends. DH & I do date nights. And I'm not always in a hurry to get her back the next day because I want to sleep in or clean uninterrupted the next morning.
    -I would totally use the tv for time to get things done, but she has no interest.
    -Right after I went back to work, bedtime started to stress me out. Every night was hit or miss if she would lay down easily, or take an hour to lay down. DH worked evenings, so admittedly he was tired, but I was the one who had to be at work early the next morning. I wanted help, but didn't ask & he didn't give. When I would get frustrated because DD woke up when I laid her down, he would sometimes rub my back or ask me if I was ok, but he wouldn't get up to take a turn with her. I complained to a friend via facebook message. I said that I could not stand him touching me or the sound of his voice at nighttime. DH found the message and got his feelings hurt. He still brings it up from time to time.
  • Options
    @backatac I don't take extra time but in the afternoon sometimes I'll set my alarm cross my arms on the table and nap my pump away
  • Options
    I'm just glad I'm not the only one who thinks they should give more baths! :blush:
  • Options
    - I wash my hair once a week. Twice if I'm lucky. Otherwise it's hop in the shower, soap up, rinse, and jump back out again.
    - I'm tossing around the idea of letting DH take care of LO for a full day on his own to give him some perspective (read: why the dishes are never done), but I can't stand the thought of being away from baby for that long!
    - I'm so proud of EBFing, but the constant nightly wake-ups are totally burning me out. That promise to never bedshare? Out the window. I wish, I wish, I wish LO would start sleeping through the night, but that's a glittering little star in a far-off future.
    - My poor cat is completely attention-starved these days and I feel really guilty about it. He's been making an effort to interact, but I keep blowing him off, which is unfair and I hate that I'm doing it. I need to start spending more time with him again.
  • Options
    I went back to work yesterday and when LO wakes up in the morning when it's time for me to get ready, I turn her rock and play towards the Tv and let her watch the news while I shower and get ready!
    Also in the evening, when I get home and in exhausted I do the same while eating dinner :/
  • Options
    -I should definitely bathe her more as well. Some days I know she'll need one but I know we're not going anywhere so I wipe her with a cloth quick on the change table. :tongue:
    -I'm on my phone too much, really trying to stop that. But being home alone all day sometimes Facebook is my only contact with the outside world!
    -There's been one or 2 times that after a MOTN change i have left her in her sleeper for the rest of the night after noticing it was a bit wet from pee. Not soaked tho. I just thought its only a little bit and not even really touching her and it will wake her up more to take her out of my room and bring her I to the nursery to change her. :pensive: awful I know.
  • Options
    Shoot! My LO just rolled off the couch!! I was literally sitting right next to her on the couch and playing with her and she just rolled away! IT TOOK ONE SECOND. I looked down and she was on the floor. Luckily, our couch sits only about a foot off the ground and we just got new and very soft carpet!

Mommas - be careful! I thought I was being careful and it literally happened right in front of me!!!

On the lighter side - she didn't even cry. She's a champ.
  • Options
    I had a mini meltdown last night becuase LO has a cold/is on the 4 month regression/is teething/all of the above and didn't want to go to sleep, he just wanted me to hold him. I was sobbing "I don't know what to do and I just want to watch Making a Murderer!" So my husband, LO and I all watched Making a Murderer together!! My husband literally said, "This is going on the Mommy Confessions thread," hahaha! But ironically we all went right to sleep when it was over.
  • Options
    -I sometimes feel like my son likes other people better or is just bored of looking at me because they don't have to work as hard to make him smile.
    -I'm trying so hard but I worry that I'm not a very good mom.
    -I swore I'd never let LO sleep on his stomach but when he naps during the day I let him. He just sleeps better that way.
    -I didn't want to cosleep but for the last week I don't feel like I've had much of a choice. LO wakes up at like 3 am every day now and refuses to go back to sleep. So I've resorted to putting him in bed with me.
  • Options
    -I tell my husband the baby was fussy all day so I don't have to do anything when he gets home from work except cuddle with little dude.
    -it secretly makes me happy that the baby is very attached to me and will only sleep on me, I love snuggling with him.
    -I accidentally burned him with hot water in the tub the other night, it was very mild and he only cried for 5 minutes and his skin was red for only an hour but I cried for about 2 hours
    -I EBF and I drink.
  • Options
    @rachelkawesome We just got over the whole sick stuffy/ regression/ teething maelstrom! My LO has watched almost all of making a murderer / slept through / played through it lol Glad your SO was considerate and watched with you. Hope your LO feels better soon 
  • Options
    Yiggle09 said:

@rachelkawesome We just got over the whole sick stuffy/ regression/ teething maelstrom! My LO has watched almost all of making a murderer / slept through / played through it lol Glad your SO was considerate and watched with you. Hope your LO feels better soon 

Thanks! I appreciate the support :) My best friend has a two month old and she was also watching MaM with her baby! I think a lot of babies are probably watching these days lol!