January 2016 Moms

I stink

?Literally.  I'm freshly showered, have deodorant on, and I put the usual baby powder in all the sweaty places, but I still stink.  It's not even my normal BO smell.  It's more like I rolled around in dead armadillo on the side of the road.  What the hell?  It's kind of making me nauseated and I have no idea what else to do about it.  It's never happened w/ any of my other pregnancies.

I haven't changed products or diet in the last month, so this is a mystery.  Anyone else in this disgusting but slightly humorous situation?

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

Re: I stink

• I sometimes feel the same way. DH assures me I smell just fine but I could swear I smell like roadkill. I'd say it's probably more your nose than your body. :) see if you still smell it tomorrow.
  • I seriously hope you're right.  It's awful.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

• Loading the player...
  • I have felt like this on and off throughout my entire pregnancy. My DH and my sister both claim I don't smell bad, but I felt it was getting my so bad I had to wash all my clothes in vinegar and baking soda to get that stench out. Must be a combo of weirdo hormones and sensitive pregnancy nose.
  • I feel like I smell super gross since delivery... I've showered regularly, and used deodorant and everything I usually do, but there is definitely a distinct new stink happening.
  • Make sure you do not have diabetes, it can cause the smell
  • This was me last week.
  • I felt the same way when I was pregnant with my son. My midwife said it's hormones and my husband assured me I didn't smell awful. It didn't go away until after I delivered.
  • There is a thread about being a bit smelly post delivery whilst breastfeeding on December thread. So it seems to a be pretty common complaint. I def think I'm a bit more sweaty and that makes me smellier too!
  • I swear I smell like rotting salted meat. I question wheather or not its safe to shove deodorant in my pants along with the flowery powder. Who gets swamp ass in the midle of winter?!? Me, at 36 weeks... Hormones are a bitch.
    Like a PP said you might be diabetic. If it was a diabetic problem however you would smell like a sweet and rotten smell and you're breath would smell like rot as well... Kinda how I imagine the witch from Hansel and Gretel must have smelled... Kinda want to eat a candy house now.
  • ashhsa said:
    There is a thread about being a bit smelly post delivery whilst breastfeeding on December thread. So it seems to a be pretty common complaint. I def think I'm a bit more sweaty and that makes me smellier too!

I know all about the post delivery sweaty grossness.  Thank goodness this will be my last time ever going through that.

I swear I smell like rotting salted meat. I question wheather or not its safe to shove deodorant in my pants along with the flowery powder. Who gets swamp ass in the midle of winter?!? Me, at 36 weeks... Hormones are a bitch. Like a PP said you might be diabetic. If it was a diabetic problem however you would smell like a sweet and rotten smell and you're breath would smell like rot as well... Kinda how I imagine the witch from Hansel and Gretel must have smelled... Kinda want to eat a candy house now.
    That's exactly the smell.  Plus the baby powder that is in all my cracks and crevices.  I'm fairly certain I'm not diabetic, but just to watch the possibility, I've been using one of my oldest DS' (13yr old diabetic) back-up meters and strips since yesterday.  So far no numbers over 107.

• edited January 2016
    My breasts smell totally different. Obviously it is likely from colostrum, but it's tough to combat. I probably should check out the December thread mentioned. I can only imagine the smells that occur once LO is here. ETA: words
  • My boobs smell so bad all the time!!! Like why?!
  • I thought it was just me. When I pull my pants down to pee I'm so embarrassed and disgusted. Maybe our noses are extra sensitivity to the hormones... But seriously the smells are horrible at least to me.
  • Husband says my sense of smell is off. I bought him a cologne for Christmas and he swears it smells like a bug but I think it smells good.

I am NOT looking forward to smelling like an oily, sour milk, ball of sweat after this kid finally makes her appearance.
  • I don't know about generally but down there it's disgusting. Not an infection type smell just really pungent like string urine in a men's toilet or a nursing home. I feel disgusting and I'm also very wet (definitely just discharge). I can smell it most if the time but hubby says I don't smell so as others say it's just another hit of hormones! But hey ladies not long left now!
  • I soaked in a bubble bath and nearly scrubbed my skin off. As soon as I got out I felt like I stilled smelled. Getting ready for bubble bath #2 of the day.
  • I think it is a combination of body's secretions and better sense of smell. I stink too
  • Anybody else wake up with a sweaty wet imprint of their entire body on their sheets? Just me?
  • Anybody else wake up with a sweaty wet imprint of their entire body on their sheets? Just me?

Yep! I was sweating so much the other night that when DH came to bed he thought my water broke!
  • Thank goodness I'm not the only one. My sex life is non-existent because I'm too paranoid/self-conscious about my smell. SO says I smell fine... I'm pretty sure I've choked out a few people with the amount of perfume/body spray I use. Also, sitting in the exam room at the OB naked from the waist down when you're all leaky and sweaty down there?! Ughhhh! Those paper covers practically disintegrate! I waddle out of there as fast as I possibly can after my appointments!

Yes!  And the paper on the table gets wet and sticks to your legs and ass.  It's like wet toilet paper.  I always have to peel off bits of it before I can get dressed.

• @GAgirlinSDakota Exactly! I seriously don't want to think about what the office girls say after I leave... and it never held that the office thermostat is set to "eternal depths of hell."
  • Lmao I'm so glad I'm not the only one with the sweating problem. I was too self conscious to ask about it
  • Oh god!
    I swear I never felt like I was stinky.. Until after I have birth.
    Good grief! I showe, deodorize, I hadn't perfumed yet- but, I deodorize again.
    I spray organic anti-hurt spray on my crotch (it smells lemony) and I still freaking stink. -in my mind-
    My boobs leak so I smell like stale milk.
    My crotch is still bleeding like there an endless supply of blood in my body.. So I smell like period.
    And I sweat like I run 200 miles in my sleep.
    So I smell like sweat and body odor.

I smell like, blood,swear, and tears (in milk form from my boobs)
    #overit
  • I am SO GLAD someone asked about this! I have been so insecure about this and thought something was wrong with me. I saw someone mentioned above about when they go to the bathroom they feel like they stink and that's EXACTLY how I feel. It's horrible!