February 2016 Moms

Losing dexterity in hands and fingers???

Has anyone else noticed that you are losing dexterity in your hands and fingers? I find myself having a hard time holding on to things, dropping papers on the floor at work, not being able to separate papers or folders. I have been dropping silverware while doing the dishes and I find that things are in general just slipping out of my grasp. I have had no swelling at all in my hands or feet so I can't even blame it on that. It's weird!

View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Losses:
 7/16/2014 @ 7 Weeks 2 days
 2/01/2015 @ 4 Weeks 4 days

Re: Losing dexterity in hands and fingers???

• Has anyone else noticed that you are losing dexterity in your hands and fingers? I find myself having a hard time holding on to things, dropping papers on the floor at work, not being able to separate papers or folders. I have been dropping silverware while doing the dishes and I find that things are in general just slipping out of my grasp. I have had no swelling at all in my hands or feet so I can't even blame it on that. It's weird!

Yep, that's happening to me too! It's SO annoying! I dropped my DSL camera on Christmas and was so relieved it didn't break. I wonder if it's from the relaxin?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Same problem here but my thumb, index, and middle fingers have been numb for months now. Supposedly it's just the fluid retention and blood flow but my hands constantly tingle and are numb!
  • Loading the player...
  • I dropped my ID while going on to base today and I almost cried. The MA at the gate opened my car door and grabbed it for me though, apparently his wife just had a baby and this gets worse. :cry:
  • Yes!!! My hands feel so weird right now and I definitely find myself dropping things more. And every time I wake up, my hands and forearms are completely numb. I read it could be carpal tunnel? In any case it's exceedingly annoying.
  • Yep.. Happened last time, too. My joints seem to "freeze"/lock sometimes, and while it's not painful, it's definitely a nuisance.

• Glad I am not the only one... I feel like I have lost all control over my body and I hate it!

View Full Size Image

Pregnancy Ticker

Losses:
     7/16/2014 @ 7 Weeks 2 days
     2/01/2015 @ 4 Weeks 4 days

• My doctor told me today that this is carpal tunnel. She recommended a wrist brace to sleep in.
  • I have carpal tunnel in both hands in the past 4 to 5 weeks. My doctor has had me sleep with braces on at night. It helps soooooo much.
  • I have been dropping EVERYTHING and I also started getting carpal tunnel. It hurts like a b**tch at night :( I'll look for a brace or band!
  • My hands wake me up at night because they hurt. They've only gone numb a couple of times, though. My doctor suggested I sleep in a brace, but I can't see spending the money on them if it's not a constantly occurring thing. My issue feels more like arthritis and goes away a short time after waking.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I haven't had carpal tunnel this pregnancy, thank goodness. But it seems like the harder it gets for me to bend over to retrieve stuff the more I drop everything! Definitely annoying. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers