March 2016 Moms

Pelvic pressure/pain

I've been getting a lot of pelvic pain and pressure, I'm 29 weeks 5 days and been getting this about a week now. I no my baby's facing head down. It's a struggle to get in and out the car feels like a sharp pain when I get one leg out. And a lot of pressure when I'm laid down and my legs are closed or even if they are apart. Has anyone else got this ? Or no what it would be ? I've had back pains and some cramping but nothing major. This is my first baby so I'm new to all this. Thanks

Re: Pelvic pressure/pain

• I would honestly call my doctor.  Some of those symptoms are pre-term labor symptoms.  Or you could ask at your next appointment, if they aren't concerned I wouldn't be either.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • My next appioment isn't for a week and abit, is it worth waiting or contacting them ?
  • Loading the player...
  • bntfroggiebntfroggie member
    edited December 2015
    Depends on how worried you are, I'm quick  to call the doctor, but my doctor's office is really good about that, but they also bring me in every time I call, so I know a call means I am coming in.  If you were concerned enough to ask here then I assume it worries you so maybe call for peace of mind and they can tell you if it is normal or not.

Not sure what the other ladies here think, I'm a FTM so I don't know the norms of everything.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Yeah I am abit as I don't no what to expect, it's late now as I'm from the U.K. So I Will call tomorrow to see what they say. Thanks
  • Is give them a call. Better to get it checked than to worry or have something wrong go unnoticed. That said, I have a lot of this when I don't drink enough water. If I'm at at least 1/2 gallon a day, I'm ok. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I agree about checking in with your doctor, but some of this sounds a bit like SPD to me. Hope you find some answers and relief, but if it's SPD, the only thing that will really solve it is giving birth.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Ok thanks for the replies, would you call the midwife of the Doctor ? Who's best to ask
  • Either. They're both extremely well trained.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• The pain doesn't worry me as much because like others have said that does sound like SPD, but when you start talking about pressure, especially when lying down, I think it's worth a call. I do get some pressure depending on the babys position starting around now, but it's only when standing/walking.  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds like what I have, Pelvic Girdle Pain! (Google it) I wouldn't worry too much. (The baby is fine) It's very common, although I've had it for a few months now and can barely walk at this stage (28 weeks) and have crutches. They can give you a support belt which can help and Physio. But there isn't a huge amount that can be done. It is extremely painful and will only get worse I'm afraid. I would suggest putting a plastic bag on the seat of your car, so you can swing both legs out together and if you can find silk or satin pyjamas that will help with getting in and out and turning in bed.
  • Thanks for all your replies this has been a great help x
  • Heat pack works like a charm :) helped me and haven't felt the pain at all :) so glad. 
  • I have been having that same pain. It's been going on for a few weeks and I'm now 35 weeks and it does just hurt so much to basically try and do anything. Some nights I end up just about in tears trying to simply turn from one side to the other. I tried a heating pad but oddly enough that didn't work as well as I thought so I tried a cooling pad which does help a lot when I'm trying to relax. I did buy a support band today and even though I still have pain walking and stuff like that I can definitely tell a difference with it lifting my belly up a little from my pelvic area. This is my first baby and I did call my doctor who told me that this is pretty normal to start having this pain just keep an eye on it and if it worsens dramatically then I need to call them back and go in before my next appointment. I was told that it is most likely just from your pelvis starting to change up some getting prepared for baby to arrive
  • It sounds like SPD to me. They wont have much help for you. I bought a belt on amazon that's made for SPD and it helps a ton!!! I have it so bad that I cant walk without the belt.
    Bradley Houston - 04.01.13
  • I have been having that same pain. It's been going on for a few weeks and I'm now 35 weeks and it does just hurt so much to basically try and do anything. Some nights I end up just about in tears trying to simply turn from one side to the other. I tried a heating pad but oddly enough that didn't work as well as I thought so I tried a cooling pad which does help a lot when I'm trying to relax. I did buy a support band today and even though I still have pain walking and stuff like that I can definitely tell a difference with it lifting my belly up a little from my pelvic area. This is my first baby and I did call my doctor who told me that this is pretty normal to start having this pain just keep an eye on it and if it worsens dramatically then I need to call them back and go in before my next appointment. I was told that it is most likely just from your pelvis starting to change up some getting prepared for baby to arrive
    @Knottie17588489 I posted on here earlier but agree with @mariahrb, you might have SPD. You need a belt specifically for pelvic support. I got mine from a local sports injury/orthopedic store but you can get them online. My doctor recently prescribed physical therapy as well. My friend had a severe case of SPD and displaced her pelvis in childbirth which meant she had to learn how to walk again!!!! Hopefully no one has a case this severe but the belt and PT helped her, she just didn't get it early enough. Hope you feel better soon!
  • I have this pain and was told it was caused from my little guy dropping. Im told it happens a lot slower for first time moms (which you would expect). It could be your little one just getting ready is all and your body preparing itself for delivery. The pain is so bad I can't roll over in bed without my fiance helping me. I cry trying to get out of bed and can literally hear and feel my bones cracking and moving (almost sounds like a skeleton noise that they make in old cartoons). 
  • @kmorin523 I have something similar that's focused in my pelvis (specially the front, but my low back where the pelvic bones meet hurts too). Not sure if you experienced this yet but be mindful walking up and down stairs. I've had my hip give a couple of times. I've been holding on a railing so I've been okay but I'm thankful I have a strong upper body to keep me frkm
    falling completely. 
  • I have been having the same exact pains and wondering what it is. I am 35 weeks and I can't even roll over in bed from my right to left side without crying because the pain is so intense.  If i sit for to long pain will shoot down my buttocks on the right side and it's nearly impossible for me to stand up. would this also be considered PGP?
  • I've been having the same pelvic and public bone pain and pressure for about a month now and seeing a chiropractor has helped immensely! I've also been getting regular acupuncture sessions to help with the pain as well  I would highly suggest seeking body work. Even though our bodies know what to do, it doesn't mean they don't need help getting there.