August 2016 Moms
Options

What's for dinner?

I loved this thread when I was a member of April 2015 so I thought maybe some of you would appreciated it also. A lot of people plan their meals weekly or even monthly. I love new ideas especially when I am at a loss on what to make or when being pregnant makes absolutely nothing sound good. So...what are your plans for dinner for the week?

Re: What's for dinner?

• Options
    The only thing I have planned is left overs tonight. We have tons of stuff from the parties and get togethers we had so we have a little of everything for tonight.
  • Options
    Dinners lately depend on what I can stomach! Tonight might be leftover mashed potatoes (and stuffing for DH). We have a date night planned for Thursday at an awesome Italian restaurant and I have some leftover pizza dough in the fridge so that will be dinner one night, but other than that probably either pasta or blue box Mac and cheese for the rest of the week haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tonight I'm making Mu Shu pork, and tomorrow, crockpot fajitas. I don't cook on Wednesdays because H is at the firehouse.
  • Options
    Ooooo...fajitas sound yummy @mouse1029! Would you care to share your recipe? :-)
  • Options
    We went to Trader Joe's yesterday, so I'm making burritos using their Carne Asada cooked in the crockpot
  • Options
    I've had a craving for beef stroganoff since Friday. Yesterday we ordered it from
    Noodles and co and I had 2 bites and thought it sucked!! Tonight I am making my own recipe extra saucy (since I think that's what I want)
    This is the first thing I've felt hungry for in weeks so I'm
    Hoping I don't disappoint myself as everything tastes gross right now and I still have no appetite
  • Options
    Tonight - lemon and garlic salmon, kale and quinoa, tomorrow chicken enchiladas with salsa verde. Trying to cook healthfully which I succeed at probably 50% of the time. Take out has become waaaayyyy too easy these last few weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jamiesc58 1/2 cup chicken broth in the bottom, 2 whole chx breasts seasoned with one packet of taco seasoning. Top with peppers and onions. If you're home, I would cook the chicken first in the crockpot and then add the peppers for the last hour or two. Also, take the chicken out when it's done and shred it, then add back to the broth in the crock pot for a few to absorb all the goodness!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @caitlinj187 I've never had their carne Asada but that sounds so yummy right now. TJ's just opened a minute from my house.... So dangerous!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Too nauseous to even think about that right now but I've got BBQ chicken in the crock pot but I might end up eating a bowl of cereal since that seems to be all I can handle right now.
  • Options
    I've been craving beef stew and my mother is so awesome she made some :) have best mommy in the world
  • Options
    We're doing leftovers tonight and then a soy/ginger chicken that my husband makes tomorrow night. We're starting Blue Apron this week so Wednesday will be one of the things from that.

• Options
    chicken breasts, garlic, cilantro, onion and taco seasoning in the crock pot over rice. Easy and yummy.
    Baby #3 
    DS 6 yrs, DD 4 yrs
    2 Fur babies
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @ZedPM3 Blue Box mac all the way :) 

Seriously y'all... cooking makes me the most nauseous of anything. The smell of food cooking gets my stomach rolling. We went to Japanese Hibachi on xmas eve and the day after xmas and it was all I could do not to throw up at the table. (I promise we don't eat hibachi that much normally - it's a family tradition my parents started when they were married and now both stick to now that their divorced.) 

We've been living on take-out and easy stuff (Kraft Mac-n-cheese, mashed potatoes), essentially stuff that doesn't release much of a smell when cooked.

I don't see this week being much different. This sucks because I love cooking. 
  • Options
    Tonight- carne asada with homemade beans and all the fixings .. Tomorrow chimmichuri salmon with spinach salad ... Ok I'm hungry!
  • Options
    Well, the hubby and I just picked up some frozen pizzas. I'm too exhausted to even think about cooking. I'm afraid I'd fall asleep over the stove! I think I'm going to check out Pinterest and make some freezer crockpot meals. I love my crockpot. It lets me be a bum when it comes to cooking and I still end up with a tasty meal!
  • Options
    I have NOT been in the mood to cook lately, and grocery shopping has been tough because what sounds good one day sounds disgusting the next. The solution to my problem - Trader Joe's! I haven't been to one in ages, but I went out of my way just to pick up a TON of frozen meals (chicken tacos, orange chicken, frozen eggplant cutlets, gnocchi Gorgonzola, etc.) to have on hand for all the night I don't want to cook :-)

Tonight we'll be having orange chicken with jasmine rice and I'm super excited.
    Me: 28
    DH: 31
    Married: May 2015
    1 Furbaby
    BFP 11/27/15
    EDD 8/4/16

• Options
    DH and I are having crockpot creamy ranch chicken (complete with carrots and potatoes), thank you Pinterest, then whe that's done we'll have chicken cesar salad wraps.
  • Options
    So far dinner consists of beef jerky and Skittles that I made hubby go get for me. Everything smells awful and starts another round of nausea. My toddler is loving all the random snacks throughout the day and is actually eating so that's a plus, right?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Spaghetti with meat sauce, and garlic toast. I've been thinking about it all day. Oddly enough, this was my go to hangover food and I just kinda feel a little hungover.
  • Options
    Chicken and rice with gravy. I've been craving it for a week now. Hope it's as good as my MIL's.
  • Options
    This is a dangerous thread. I'm ordering pizza. Cooking makes me sick these days.
  • Options
    TACOS! lol. Can you tell I am a little bit excited about that? I have been wanting a lot of spicy food lately.
    I finally figured out the ticker thing! (I was so excited I thought I'd tell you all) LOL

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Tonight I'm making ravioli.. frozen cheese and spinach ravioli with my own homemade (sorta) sauce. But dinner is hard for me to eat. I can cook it, but last night I ended up eating a quarter of a jar of pickles for dinner. It really sucks that even though I don't eat as much as usual, I'm positive my stomach has actually gotten bigger already. I think i need to start hitting the gym again :/
  • Options
    The only meat that doesn't completely repulse me right now are chicken fingers/nuggets. I made homemade chicken soup yesterday and the broth and veggies were so good but even a few bites of the chicken made me want to gag. So tonight it was raw veggies and homemade chicken fingers.

Frozen pizza sounds delightful, so I might try that tomorrow.
  • Options
    Something sounds good one night, and the next it makes me sick. I was craving meatloaf two days ago (which is weird because I normally hate it...must have needed some red meat.) and the next I couldn't even touch the left overs. Same thing happened with the stew we made! Today I ate sauerkraut, pickles, and a homemade mashed potato bowl for supper...so random but that's all that tasted good! Normally I can eat all the time but now it's hard to find anything that even sounds good. Being from Wisconsin I have stuck to cheese curds lately :)
  • Options
    I have a roast in the crock pot for tonight but I probably won't want to eat it
  • Options
    Tacos!!!
  • Options
    Beef quesadillas tonight, homemade lasagna and cheesy bread tomorrow...
  • Options
    I ordered Peruvian chicken tonight since I have the house to myself and didn't feel like cooking. They sent me a HUGE amount of food, and it was super cheap and soooo good. And now I am a lump because I couldn't stop eating it. Haha.
  • Options
    Pizza
    I finally figured out the ticker thing! (I was so excited I thought I'd tell you all) LOL

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Monday was Salmon with rice and broccoli 
    Tuesday was Ham with peas, sweet potato, collard greens and mac and cheese (big dinner because not everyone likes all the sides) 
    Wednesday will be leftover Ham as either ham and cheese sandwiches or ham and eggs 
    Thursday - Tacos! 

• Options
    Yesterday's was mac and cheese casserole! Today, we are attempting to make fried chicken and mashed potatoes thanks to the Food Network inspiration. Yum! I am craving all sorts of savory and nothing in the sweets category.
  • Options
    Tonight we're doing cheese tortellini with my signature Gorgonzola cream sauce mmm. And garlic bread on the side.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    All I want is fruit. Last night I made PBJ on a tortilla with sliced apples and bananas. It's weird. And for some reason I want those little Jr. Size cheeseburgers from BK.haha. The normal size burgers sound gross and make me feel sick but the Jr ones sound amazing. (I NEVER eat fast food so this one is extra weird.)
  • Options
    Chicken pot pie with left over chicken!
  • Options
    Monday was Stuffed shells with bolognese and mozzarella stuffed meatballs
    Tuesday Chicken pot pie with puff pastry
    Tonight Cheeseburgers and onion rings because I couldn't get it off my mind
    Tomorrow is Chinese take out for New Year's Eve ah yea!
  • Options
    Chicken pot pie with left over chicken!