3rd Trimester

does anyone know anything about cinnamon tea or raspberry tea to help contractions.

I'm 39 weeks an 3 days an they won't induce me till I'm pass my due date any help

Re: does anyone know anything about cinnamon tea or raspberry tea to help contractions.

• liss0927 said:
    I'm 39 weeks an 3 days an they won't induce me till I'm pass my due date any help
    @liss0927

I heard it's not cinnamon tea like you would get with Lipton but instead you have to buy actual cinnamon sticks and boil them in water and drink that. I have heard people say the add honey / sugar to it as well.
    Me:27 | DH: 26
    Married: 7/26/14
    NTNP since: September '15
    TTC #1: October '15
  • Loading the player...
  • I worked L&D as a RN.... as far as I know its a myth that those teas help. Go on a walk or do light exercises
  • I would avoid any of these teas as the mythology surrounding them is spotty at best. I don't know why you're worried about going into labor before your due date gets here, but if you are, walking is your best (and safest) bet. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• laurabwalkerlaurabwalker member
    edited December 2015
    They don't induce labour, raspberry leaf is said to strengthen uterine muscles. There is limited research to effectiveness, however there have been no known negative effects. You can drink this tea throughout pregnancy. Basically baby will come when ready, I'm post dates now, so you just have to wait it out and not try to drive yourself insane "inducing" labour.
  • The only thing you can do is wait.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I drank red raspberry leaf tea 2-3 cups per day for the last few weeks of my pregnancy and still went 8 days past my EDD. It may help strengthen uterine muscles ( I noticed stronger BH when I drank it, but does not actually induce labor.

Try staying active, doing squats, bouncing on a yoga ball, prenatal yoga, eating spicy food, having sex, etc. None of those will cause harm to try. I did everything you could think of when I was past my due date, including acupuncture and an "induction" massage, and LO took her leisurely time deciding to arrive. Ultimately, anything you do is only going to very slightly influence when baby comes, if at all.
  • edited January 2016
    Cinnamon tea (David's tea) gives me wicked heartburn even with Zantac!
  • I think you're perfectly within your rights to try and naturally induce labour at this stage. Full term is considered 38-42 weeks, it's not like you're doing any harm providing you're sensible and don't drink cohosh or castor oil. I am 39 weeks and incredibly uncomfortable. I'm not bothering with the teas though, just trying gentle walking, warm baths and bouncing on the ball.