June 2016 Moms
Options

Fitness Check In: 12/28 - 1/4

Hey ladies!  Thought I would start a thread to see who is interested in having workout buddies.  :)  I figure it can be a place to discuss our workouts (or lack thereof), questions, etc.  Last week I actually didn't do too bad.  Monday I did the eliptical for 30 minutes, Tuesday and Wednesday were 50 minute spin classes (at a toned down rate of what I usually do obviously), Thursday and Friday I took off for the holidays and Saturday was a 3 mile walk with Sunday being another rest day.

My workout plan this week:

Monday: 30 minutes elliptical or treadmill
Tuesday: 50 minute spin class
Wednesday: 30-45 minute walk outside (weather permitting)
Thursday: Rest day
Friday: 30-45 minute walk outside (weather permitting)
Saturday: Demolition of our bathroom (we are gutting it).
Sunday: More demolition.

What is your plan?  I officially broke out my belly band today at 16 weeks 5 days...working out with a bump is a little odd but I'll hopefully get used to it.  ;)

Re: Fitness Check In: 12/28 - 1/4

• Options
    We have been traveling for the past week and will be traveling this week as well. I brought my workout gear and running shoes though! It has rained non-stop since Saturday, but I'm hoping to get in some track time each day this week.
    June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got in a couple days of lifting last week before we started our holiday travels, and then we were able to stay active outdoors a couple of days while we were at my parents!

This week I plan on getting in at least a 30-45 minute lifting session Monday, Wednesday & Friday and walking/some sort of cardio at least 30 minutes every day. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are driving 12 hours today to see my family, but left really early so I'm hoping I can still get a workout video in tonight. Probably yoga as I'm still sore from Pilate's. So-

Monday- 30 minutes yoga

Tuesday- 10 minute solutions Pilate's (I usually do 3 videos for 30 minutes) and a quick 10 minute prenatal yoga video.

Wednesday: 50 minute yoga video on YouTube with some lady named Lara.

Thursday: we'll see.. Maybe just a quick yoga video.

Friday: 30 minutes cardio BeFit prenatal video , maybe yoga

Saturday: 12 hour drive back.

Sunday: Not sure!

I wish I lived in a warmer climate or had a gym membership or treadmill. We've been trying to save $ for baby by not signing up for a gym since we moved back.
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • Options
    You ladies make me feel guilty for being such a lazy blob.  I need to get back into working out.  It's been so nice recently that I should be taking walks with the pups, but we were traveling and visiting with family, so it's been hard to fit in.  

For those of you who do yoga/pilates/prenatal workout videos, where do you get them?  Are there good ones on YouTube or did you buy them?  I'd like to get back onto our elliptical, lift weights, and take more walks; but I think having some videos would help to give me variety and keep me from getting bored.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Baby steps @kballew10 right?  I didn't workout for weeks with feeling sick and I used to be an every-day gym goer.  I don't do yoga or prenatal videos but I would love recommendations as well from those who do them.  I've done yoga at the gym a few times but I'm not very flexible and feel like an armature when I go to classes and stumble all the time...lol.  Better to do it at home when no one is watching I think. ;)
  • Options
    I really need to start being more active. I've been curled up in the fetal position most of my first trimester. So I'm going to set some goals.

Monday: Rest day
    Tuesday: Yoga Class
    Wednesday: Gym/elliptical
    Thursday: Outside walk or gym/elliptical
    Friday: Rest day
    Saturday: Gym/elliptical
    Sunday: Something outdoorsy
  • Options
    I managed to get in 5 days of exercise last week so I'm feeling pretty good about that. I plan to do 5 days this week too. I workout at home with videos.

Monday: 30 min cardio video & 30 min circuit weight training video
    Tuesday: 20 min (modified) HIIT & 30 min lower body with resistance bands
    Wednesday: rest
    Thursday: 30 min circuit weight training video
    Friday: 25 min (modified) HIIT
    Saturday: 30 min circuit weight training
    Sunday: rest

DS-7
    DD-4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Here are some of the videos I like:

Yoga-
    More intense: https://youtu.be/44fYnoSLL3c
    Lazy/10 mins: https://youtu.be/B87FpWtkIKA (also has other episodes I like)

Pilate's: has 5 different kinds, each 10 mins
    https://youtu.be/DWRGsg5xMLQ

"Cardio"
    https://youtu.be/pH6IrhTjdR0

Still discovering more though! Be careful of session 2 of Pilate's, a lot of work on your back. My OB cleared it becauae it's less than 10 minutes but I know some arent comfortable with it.
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • Options
    Wow you ladies are awesome!  I need a thread like this to motivate me to get of my lazy butt!!!!   I would love to start doing yoga again and maybe get back on the elliptical and weights to tone up my flabby arms.    samsonator thanks for the videos!

Plan for this week:
    Monday: Yoga
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: Pilates
    Thursday: Rest
    Friday: Yoga
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    You guys kick ass. I'm a runner, hiker, backpacker, and general outdoor enthusiast who pretty much hates doing everything else, so I've had to get creative in my winter fitness routine. I fit in 4x3 mile runs last week and I plan to do the same this week. The days that I go will depend mostly on weather. I did just buy some nanospikes for my running shoes, so I can run safely on packed snow. This will help a lot. If we get enough snow then I'll break out my snowshoes - that's when the REAL fun begins!
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    Wow, this is motivating and makes me feel like a lazy blob at the same time.  Between the extreme fatigue and battling 2 sinus infections during the first tri, I really haven't been good about staying in shape.  Been planning to get back on the Yoga wagon here though.  

Here was my non-intentional workout for the day:
    Today I pushed a cart full of groceries all the way through the parking lot that was 3 inches thick of sleet through 50 MPH winds and being pelted in the face with freezing rain. When I parked I thought it was a good idea to park further out to protect my new cart from bad drivers. Totally forgot about the cart thing.... Then had to push the cart all the way back to the store when I was done.  I looked like a drenched rat and my lungs were wicked burning.  Never. again. It was kind of like this, but through frozen slushy drifts...
  • Options
    I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead but I just wanted to say thanks for the videos. I've been having back pain and sciatica pain horribly this pregnancy and really want to start some muscle strength exercises. I've been googling like crazy but it's so hard to find good info. If you don't say prenatal it's all too intense and if you say prenatal it's like, don't do anything on the floor, or standing, and whatever you do, don't lift anything heavier than a potato chip. I've been really struggling to find something in the middle ground. I also don't have a gym membership so I'm trying to find some stuff I can do at home.
  • Options
    I've been able to keep my 4-5 mile mid week runs in the 8:50- 9 minute per mile range. Been running 8 milers as my long run on the weekend at about a 10 minute pace. Signed up for another half marathon in February, because why the hell not. Picked a pretty one with views of the desert and the mountains around Phoenix so at least it will be pretty when I'm running slow!