1st Trimester

Symptom loss after seeing HB

I am almost 8 weeks. I saw a 164 heartbeat on the 22nd, and the last two days I have not had any pg symptoms. I had previously had lots of bloating, pretty sore boobs, some nausea, and uterine stretching pain. The past two days I have went to bed and woken up feeling absolutely normal. We just told our family at Christmas and now I'm afraid of loss. Please help...

Re: Symptom loss after seeing HB

• You're most likely fine. I'm 21 weeks and have not thrown up once and feel normal most days, except for the growing belly. Seeing/hearing a strong HB like that at 8 weeks is a good sign your pg is viable. Don't stress too much, it's not something you can control.

Red flags for first tri are usually bright red bleeding (that fills a pad) accompanied by heavy cramping.
    jskarr7 said:

I am almost 8 weeks. I saw a 164 heartbeat on the 22nd, and the last two days I have not had any pg symptoms. I had previously had lots of bloating, pretty sore boobs, some nausea, and uterine stretching pain. The past two days I have went to bed and woken up feeling absolutely normal. We just told our family at Christmas and now I'm afraid of loss. Please help...

• A little over 6 weeks here. For the past week I've had severe naseau & cramps. Yesterday I finally got my appetite back. I can only hope it's smooth sailing here on out, like my first pregnancy. My first I had zero symptoms aside from increased appetite in 2nd trimester & a belly full of baby. I wouldn't worry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Symptoms come and go. I wouldn't worry unless you were experiencing cramping and bleeding. If you use the search function, you'll find some other women who have experienced lack of symptoms and know you are not alone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The placenta starts to take over around week 8 which may relieve many symptoms, especially those directly related to progesterone like bloating. I'm 10 weeks, but definitely have had days where I felt great which caused me to panic. Try not to stress since you're not having any worrying symptoms and take advantage of feeling good!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • I had days/weeks where my symptoms went away almost entirely only to have them come back. Don't stress, a strong heart rate is a really positive sign.
  • At 16+6 today, I have yet to have any symptoms at all, beyond being tired and head aches. Some people get MS and other symptoms, some don't. Even with multiple pregnancies.

As PP mentioned, severe cramps and bleeding are an obvious sign you need to be seen. If it concerns you to an extreme point, make an appointment to see your OB for their professional medical opinion. Good luck to you and I hope things are just fine :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Symptoms mean little to nothing. They come and go, change in intensity, etc., and you really can't judge your pregnancy by them. That said, if you are experiencing bleeding and cramping, call your doctor. 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Same exact thing happened to me and I believe i made a post about it back in... Early june?

See the baby in my profile pic? She was born healthy and squealing on December 10th.

So yeah. It's normal :) Don't worry. Until somebody schooled in obstetrics tells you otherwise, you are pregnant! 
  • Jyoung327Jyoung327 member
    edited December 2015
    *TW- loss mentioned

Honestly I've had a very symptom-less pregnancy so far. My only symptom was nipple soreness early on. That's it. No MS, no 1st tri sleepiness, no pains, nothing. I get your fear though, as my 1st pregnancy also had no symptoms and I felt totally normal. I did lose that one and had a missed miscarriage at 8.5 weeks. But, point being, both my pregnancies have felt like that and this one I'm now 18 weeks and going strong. 1st tri is miserable to me for this reason since there's such a powerlessness. I hope everything turns out well for you- in the meantime, try practicing the mantras us loss mom's use in pregnancy, such as "today I am pregnant and I love my baby" or "I am pregnant until my doctor tells me otherwise." Because, today you are. Worrying won't change it.
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Since I didn't have any symptoms since Christmas Eve, I went to the doctor this morning... Saw a 180 HB little bean :smiley: Now I have started to have some back pain and a little tummy troubles... But I am so relieved to see the HB... It went from 164 to 180 in a week! The doctor said everything looks great and the heartbeat is "truckin", my progesterone is high, and I may be one of the lucky ones that don't get sick...Thanks!