June 2016 Moms
Options

Are you announcing on FB?

edited December 2015 in June 2016 Moms
I'm on the fence about announcing my second pregnancy on FB, not for any particular reason exactly - I just feel like it might be strange in June to start posting pictures of Baby #2 without first explaining that I was pregnant at some point. So, have you announced on Facebook yet, or do you plan to just let extended friends and family find out through the grapevine?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Are you announcing on FB? 192 votes

Yes, I've already shared the big news on Facebook
45% 87 votes
No, I haven't yet but I plan to eventually
33% 65 votes
No, I don't plan on sharing on Facebook
20% 40 votes

Re: Are you announcing on FB?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm on the fence too! (Didn't see that option) planning on taking a pic and deciding in the moment. I like seeing the pros from pp above. :)
  • Options
    Nope. I don't have many people on Facebook, just family and coworkers and friends. The people who need to know, already know. Everyone else I don't really mind if they find out when I post a "birth announcement" type post.
  • Options
    Just posted the news on Facebook tonight after getting a good report from all the NT scan/bloodwork results.
    Me: 29
    The Mr.: 31
    EDD: 6/2/16
    Furbabies: 3 rescue dogs
  • Options
    We will be announcing on Facebook Christmas morning! Our parents will finally get to know our secret tomorrow!!!! It's been a challenge keeping this a secret for 3.5 months. Lol.
  • Options
    I'm not doing a formal announcement. DH and I are going to Florida at the end of march and I might change my profile pic to us by the ocean. I'm sure my belly will be evident by then.
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • Options
    We did. DH was really excited to announce since it's his first LO :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes, but only because dh really wanted to. I probably wouldn't have if it was just upto me. This is our last and we didn't announce online with either of the other two.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I posted yesterday yesterday after we got NT/IPS results and heard the heartbeat again. It was fun to read everyone's reactions!
  • Options
    I announced on fb at 8 weeks after my first ultrasound- FTM and I was just so excited I couldn't keep it to myself !
  • Options
    scottenscotten member
    edited December 2015
    We're posting on NYE - STM, and I'll be over 17 weeks. It's just easiest to announce on social media so that everyone can find out without having to see everyone in person, or without calling extended family out of the blue. The only reason we didn't announce sooner is because we're simply enjoying only a small group being in the know!
  • Options
    We're going to announce once we know the gender in 2.5 weeks!! We will post a picture of DS with a cute announcement.
  • Options
    I'm posting Christmas. I'm going with the "Do not open until June 2016" bump picture with a red ribbon. At 16 weeks I finally have a legit bump to post!

• Options
    We did about 2 weeks ago. It was the easiest way to let a lot of our friends we don't see often know.

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options
    I'm still thinking about this.  I'm new to Facebook (and social media in general for the most part) and leaning towards posting something but most of the people close to us on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis were already told in person.  
  • Options
    We announced DS on FB at 5 weeks. I was very naive and fortunate nothing went wrong. Looking back, I cringe.
    We waited until 12 weeks to tell anyone except our parents and siblings about this pregnancy and posted it on FB then. This is so sad (Bc social media..) but I loved seeing how surprised people were when we announced since Im the worst at keeping secrets. I'm originally from England and FB is one of the ways I keep in touch with close and far away relatives there.
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My poor husband wanted to announce as soon as I had a positive pregnancy test...iI got him to hold out until 11 weeks (Thanksgiving) but when we had random bleeding followed by an all clear ultrasound I knew he couldn't contain the secret any longer. Keep in mind ALL of our family and close friends already knew because he is just too excited to keep a dang secret. I fully expect the gender will be posted on FB before the ultrasound is even finished.
  • Options
    The best things are kept a secret. All the important people know and thats what matters to me.
  • Options
    We live in a really small town so basically we just had to tell some close friends and family and now the entire world knows because in small towns news travels fast . I don't plan on posting anything formal on Facebook I figure the people who I want to know ,know, but the distant other 300 people I am "friends" with don't really need to be in the loop . DH is a private person so it would bug him also
  • Options

We will be announcing on Facebook Christmas morning! Our parents will finally get to know our secret tomorrow!!!! It's been a challenge keeping this a secret for 3.5 months. Lol.

I completely hear you! We are doing the same hoping we can record my mother and sisters reaction when they open the present that is baby booties and the ultrasound from 8 weeks.
  • Options
    I was on the fence about it. We had two early losses in the last year and I am a FTM so I was VERY hesitant. After a good NT scan and hearing the baby's heartbeat at home at 14 weeks, we announced on Facebook and Instagram two weeks ago. All of our close friends and family we told in person ahead of time. Hubby and I both have large extended families and both went to college away from home so lots of people we couldnt tell in person. We are glad we did it. It was a little scary for the world to know but it has been great to receive the love, support and phone calls. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable ☺
  • Options
    We are announcing to fb, but idk if we will post it on xmas day or a few days after.... We have a lot of family and friends that live cross country and out of the country so it's the easiest way to share the news.
    Also, i'm excited and proud of our new bundle and want to tell the world!!!!!! LOL.
     BabyFetus Ticker 
                Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We live far away from all of our family and friends. We called those we are close with, but felt Facebook was a good way to announce to everyone else.
  • Options
    We did 5 minutes after we got the positive pregnancy test. I will never understand the whole keeping it a secret.

Teagan-11/22/10
    Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
    Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.
  • Options
    I really have no desire to, if I don't talk to you enough to tell you I'm pregnant, then there is no need for you to see it on your news feed because, frankly, you probably don't care very much.

Tonight my parents kept asking if we were going to post something yet (for the hundreth time) and finally just snapped and said no, we aren't doing it yet, I'm waiting at minimum until my appointment at 16 weeks to make sure its all still going well (if we put up anything at all), you can tell whoever you want in person but we aren't putting anything up yet and would appreciate no one else putting it up before us and walked out of the room. They think I'm being crazy but whatever, don't care. Hopefully we won't have the same issue with my in-laws but I'm not counting on it...
  • Options
    I was originally planning on posting today. I had already told all my good friends and close family, but I there are a lot of distant family members and old friends on Fb. I am choosing to hold off a little while now b/c we had scary news and just got our news our baby is OK last night. Annoyingly, twice now, members of my family, have posted it for me on Fb, once a month ago my cousins wife wrote a post congratulating me (I have never even met her) & I had to ask her to take it down and last night my uncle, who I am not currently even speaking to, did the same on one of my post. Very annoying. If & when I choose to post it is my business to do so.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @AndysWifey342010 because it's awkward explaining a miscarriage to people you only talk to occasionally and sometimes never on FB. But sure, I get both sides, it's fun to share with everyone the exciting news.
  • Options
    lotus12+5lotus12+5 member
    edited December 2015
    Will only be announcing on fb after 20 weeks ultrasound. Had miscarriage at 20 weeks first time round and don't feel like explaining again in case something happens...
  • Options
    I announced my second on FB. And maybe my first. I can't remember. We're not this time. No major reason-just gonna keep it low profile.
  • Options
    I can't imagine telling Facebook 5 minutes after the test comes up positive. That's gotta be a joke, right?
  • Options
    hockeyfan42hockeyfan42 member
    edited December 2015
    We are not doing a FB post. DH really wanted to last time, so we did, but we're on the same page this time. We don't put pictures of DD on there anyway and won't with this baby either. All the people who we think would actually care already know.
    June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm on the fence about this as well. Once tests came normal and we found out gender last week we shared with family and close friends. I've been slowly contacting others since then, but it would be weird to contact some people I don't normally talk to just to tell them I'm pregnant. But also, I'm not super comfortable with the world of social media knowing. If we do share it probably won't be til at least 5-6 months. And by then I have a feeling a bump picture or friend might have accidentally spilled the beans. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are not planning on telling any social media. If people figure it our because I post a picture then they do, but really I dare someone to ask just based on a picture lol