Nurseries and Baby Gear

Messanger Style Diaper Bag?

Hello! DS 2 is due in March (DS 1 will be just over two), and I'm looking for a messenger style diaper bag that is big enough for two kids' worth of stuff. My Skiphop Versa just isn't big enough. Does anyone have a bag they love for two kids in diapers, for under $200?

Re: Messanger Style Diaper Bag?

• My two are 2.5 years apart, and I had this struggle too. In the end, I actually ended up with a smaller diaper bag - one from LL Bean that I love. I tend to be a bit of a minimalist to begin with, but I realized one day (when trying to carry more stuff) that I was carrying around a lot of "just in cases" that I really didn't need. I'm not sure where you live, but I'm in a suburb, so if I go anywhere with the kids I likely have my car with me. I stashed a bag in the car that had all those "just in cases", and kept my diaper bag super simple... A couple diapers and wipes for each kid, change of clothes for each kid (something super simple like thin sweats and a tee for my DS, and an all-in-one for DD, a couple small toys, and then a swaddle blanket that I could either lay DD down in or use as a nursing cover. It was so much easier navigating with two small children and a small diaper bag knowing I had the security of a quick trip to the car if a calamity happened.
  • I'm not sure if you're set on the messenger style bag, but I have a Vera Bradley large stroll around bag and I'm in love with it. You would be able to find it within your budget (Amazon has them). It's so big without feeling bulky, has so many pockets, has a seperate space for diapers/wipes, and even when it's stuffed full it is not too uncomfortable on your shoulder. It would be perfect for 2 little ones. I'm pretty confident that I'll never need another bag because it's so sturdy and well made.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ha! Skip hop versa was my 2 under 2 bag. I like my Vera Bradley backpack though. I like having both hands completely free.
  • I love the orla kiely target bag. There are a blue or red option. Not messenger.

When I had a messenger my sherpani non diaper bag (Rei) was the best.