Weekly Ticker Change 12/21

Weeks/Size:

Team Blue/Pink/Green:

What's new with baby?

Appointments?

Any new preparations for baby?

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings:

Questions?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to when little one arrives? FTM take your best guess & STM+ any favorite memories from previous LO that you are looking forward to repeating with the new LO?

Re: Weekly Ticker Change 12/21

• Options
    Weeks/Size: 30 on Thursday! LO as big as a cucumber, holy cow!

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Green

What's new with baby? Lots of movement going on :) Baby's brain is still forming & baby is also strong enough to grasp a finger.

Appointments? Monday December 28th for a regular 2 week appointment

Any new preparations for baby? Registry is set-up and I am patiently waiting for after my showers to get the last of my must-have items before purchasing. We have no bath supplies which is strange to me and I am really wanting to check this off the to buy list...

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Had my first BH contractions after shoveling wet snow for about an hour a couple of days ago. On the upside, I convinced DH we need a snowblower.

Questions? None

GTKY: What are you looking forward to when little one arrives? FTM take your best guess & STM+ any favorite memories from previous LO that you are looking forward to repeating with the new LO? As a FTM, I am really looking forward to all of the cuddling time with little one. I also cannot wait to see DH with our LO. He's never been big on babies and prefers the kiddos when they can start to interact but I have a feeling that he will be singing a different tune when our LO arrives after seeing how attentive he's been these last few months.
  • Options
    Weeks/Size:  29 weeks

Team Blue/Pink/Green:  Team Blue

What's new with baby?  Would still like to nail down a name.... 

Appointments?  One on Wednesday to see if I'm still having pre-term labor issues.  Fingers crossed to get off bed rest!

Any new preparations for baby?  DH is ripping out the paneling in what will be DS's room today!  DS will be moving into that room in the new year, and LO will get the nursery.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings:  Getting some square kicks to the vag this morning.  Not cool.  Plus I've had this really weird and painful cramping/ache low right side, like RLP that doesn't seem to go away.  Lying on my left side is all I can do for relief.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to when little one arrives?  Um, selfish things here, but lying on my stomach again (once the engorgement for BF'ing goes away), a return to more normal sex (after the first couple months), bending over...  I'm really looking forward to seeing this one and how he compares to DS (will he have black hair, any hair, who will he look like?).  All very exciting, since DH is half Filipino, and I'm caucasian.  DS ended up looking just like a fair haired/skinned version of his dad :).  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 26 weeks today - size of a bowling pin

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Team Blue

What's new with baby?
    He is opening his eyes and weighs about 2 pounds

Appointments?
    TODAY - here is hoping I remember it this time....

DH and I made a pact last night to stop being lazy asses and to get off our behinds and be a little more active. Not necessarily just for baby, but I am sure it will be beneficial for him

Having some issues with sleeping, but mostly it's freaking DH waking me up, NBR. I told him he needs to get it together or start camping out in the guest bed

Questions?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to when little one arrives? FTM take your best guess & STM+ any favorite memories from previous LO that you are looking forward to repeating with the new LO?
    Actually having a baby. It's been a long time coming so it still seems kind of surreal that it is actually happening. Obviously little baby snuggles. DH is kind of a baby guru so I am excited to see that in action with our own versus a niece or nephew. I guess I am mostly excited for the future - very vague but it's all kind of unknown anyway right?  

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    Weeks/Size: 28w2d/eggplant

Team Blue/Pink/Green: blue

What's new with baby?

Appointments? Tomorrow

Any new preparations for baby? Not yet

Questions?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to when little one arrives? FTM take your best guess & STM+ any favorite memories from previous LO that you are looking forward to repeating with the new LO? I miss having a little squish to snuggle. DS1 is go go go all the time so I never get snuggles the way I used to. I am so excited this time around to have DS1 around and to get to see how he interacts with his brother.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 28w1d - eggplant

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Blue!

What's new with baby? Not really sure . . .

Appointments? A week from today

Any new preparations for baby? I think we finally decided on a name!

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: SPD if I'm on my feet for more than 15 minutes at a time. Moodswings and depression. I love Christmas and am so looking forward to all our activities this week, and yet I'm really struggling with some depression today. Ugh.

Questions?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to when little one arrives? FTM take your best guess & STM+ any favorite memories from previous LO that you are looking forward to repeating with the new LO? I can't wait for the newborn snuggles, to see what he looks like, to breastfeed again (after the first few painful weeks - haha), and to see my girls interact with him. Also, with @smushi on the sleeping on my stomach thing!!
    Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • Options
    @mrspepper05 Hugs!  I hope the Christmas spirit sweeps you up and makes you smile :)
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 27

Team : Pink

What's new with baby? More constant movement and some possible hiccups.

Appointments? One week from today...bring on the glucose test. So scared with all these sweet Christmas treats that I have been over indulging on.

Any new preparations for baby? Trying to build and knock out the list of MUST HAVES. Also just signed up for our birthing classes at the hospital (includes tour and breastfeeding classes). I feel a little behind on this.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Heartburn, feeling stuffed, and maybe a few varicose veins starting to make their appearance around my knees and ankles.

Questions?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to when little one arrives? Like everyone else, holding my baby and seeing DH become a father. I feel like I am going to fall in love with him all over again on a completely different level when I see him holding our little girl.
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 30 weeks on Thursday! Baby will be size of a cucumber

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink :)

What's new with baby? I can feel not just kicks and jabs but also hiccups!

Appointments? Next appointment for my fortnightlys begins Tuesday 29th.

Any new preparations for baby? Nothing major, just more clearing out of some clutter that's still in the room.

I've become anemic and are on really high dose of iron pills that appear to be making me a bit sick in the mornings again which isn't fun. I'm getting a fair few leg cramps. And I wake up in the early hours of the morning wanting fruit!!

Questions?

Oh there's a lot, but I can't wait to see DH with our little girl. The look on his face when she arrives is going to melt me. He's so smitten already!
  • Options

Weeks/Size: 30 on Thursday! ( I will be busy on Thursday so I thought I'd post now) Baby is the size of a cucumber- 2.5-3.8 pounds and 15.2-16.7 inches long!

Team Blue/Pink/Green:  Blue

What's new with baby? I'm feeling hiccups now on top of kicks/punches...he is filling out more now too.

Appointments?  The usual- Wednesday: 3 hour glucose test, then Ultrasound, then injecton/checkup appointment

Any new preparations for baby? I finally activated my Sam's Club membership- and got a $20 gift card! We used that to buy a case of wipes- ended up only being $15 for 1000 wipes!  A good buy in my book :)

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings:  Heartburn, constipation, I'm unable to get any sleep (everyone and everything wakes me up!), baby is punching my bladder so hard I wake up thinking I'm going to pee myself, then I have a hard time getting it going when I'm on the toilet. 

Questions?

One memory I am looking forward to AVOIDING is preterm labor!  If that is avoided, then I will get to enjoy all the firsts on the day he is born- I can hold him right away, feed him right away, touch/love on him...all the things I had to wait weeks to do with my baby girl 11 years ago.  That is what I'm looking forward to the most- not watching my baby suffer in a warming table with electrodes, ports/wires/etc coming out, and being able to hold/care for my baby!

February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 30 ...  I like the "bag of chips" size analogy.  8-9 weeks to go!!!  Holy moly....  so glad I have the holidays to distract me!!!  

Team Blue

What's new with baby? Lots of movement still.  Less flipping, more rolling sensations, plus hiccups!!!  

Appointments? Next appt. is in January.  :open_mouth:   That will be the last of my every 4 weeks, and the next appt. will be two weeks after that.  

Any new preparations for baby? We are a few steps closer to moving the vanity and toilet out of the baby's room and into the bathroom... does that count?  I bought some artwork for the kids room and need to find frames.  I started a registry so I could get the completion coupons.    

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Passed my glucose test with flying colors and found out I'm anemic.  Feeling much more energetic with the extra iron.  

Questions? None.  

GTKY: What are you looking forward to when little one arrives? FTM take your best guess & STM+ any favorite memories from previous LO that you are looking forward to repeating with the new LO? I'm really looking forward to snuggling my new baby!  Looking forward to newborn pictures too!  

• Options
    Weeks/Size: 26w4d / roughly 13.6 - 14.8 inches long and 1.5 - 2.5 lbs

Team Blue/Pink/Green: BLUE!

What's new with baby? Baby has started taking breaths and his immune system is getting ready for life on the outside! He's been moving around A LOT lately too, I just love feeling him in there!

Appointments? 12/22 (tomorrow) glucose test (wish me luck)

Any new preparations for baby? Working on getting the nursery ready more (wall decor, bedding, etc.)

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Been having some back pains and getting charlie horses in my calves, although my DH is amazing and surprised me with a certificate for a pre-natal massage on 12/24.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to when little one arrives? FTM take your best guess & STM+ any favorite memories from previous LO that you are looking forward to repeating with the new LO? FTM here, I think the thing I'm most looking forward to is bonding with my little man and holding him and getting to know his little personality. I'm also really looking forward to see how my doggies interact with him!
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 26 (on Thursday) size of a head of lettuce

Team Blue/Pink/Green: team blue

What's new with baby? He has a sense of up and down and his eyes are starting to form.

Appointments? Sitting in the waiting room right now...glucose will be next week.

Any new preparations for baby? Hubby is picking up paint samples for the nursery, I got all the art work, and the registry (more of a reminder list for me) is all done.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: shooting nipple pain, SPD, and I'm sick as a dog, which sucks when you can't take anything.

Questions?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to when little one arrives? FTM take your best guess & STM+ any favorite memories from previous LO that you are looking forward to repeating with the new LO? I can't wait to see how my oldest son takes to his new brother. I have a feeling it's going to make my heart burst with love. As far as something for just this new little one I'm looking forward to midnight feedings, just the two of us, and many snuggles. I can't wait to count his fingers and toes and see if he's born with the same copper hair as his big brother. Honestly I just want to HOLD him so bad.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Weeks/Size: 30 weeks! Size of a cucumber

Team Blue/Pink/Green: BLUE

What's new with baby? Mainly just packing on some inches and some fat from here on out.

Appointments? Next Tuesday for my first glucose test

Any new preparations for baby? Bought some diapers, wipes, blankets, and some outfits. Picking out the nursery furniture in about 2 weeks.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: If I over exert myself, I get some pains in my abdomen. Other than that, not much is new besides my growing waist line. Lol.

Questions?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to when little one arrives? FTM take your best guess & STM+ any favorite memories from previous LO that you are looking forward to repeating with the new LO? As a FTM, I'm really looking forward to all the firsts. Just can't wait to see his face. I'm getting tired of trying to guess what he's going to look like!
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 29 tomorrow--size of an acorn squash

Team Blue/Pink/Green: pink

What's new with baby? Getting bigger and more energetic in there. It really is amazing when you see photos of what a pregnant woman's insides look like. Everything squished up and pushed out of the way. She has been stretching so much from my pelvis to my ribs, diagonally.

Appointments? Tomorrow. We'll see if I'm still measuring 2 weeks big. If yes, they want to take a peek with an ultrasound. She feels ginormous. I guess closer to the time, we should have a thread on "guess the weight/length of your baby". If she makes it to March 9th, I would put money on over 10 lbs. I'm bigger and she's already bigger than my 9.14 oz baby two pregnancies ago...

Ordered some prints from Etsy for her room. Once we have those, we'll pain't the room, hopefully by next week. Also, seriously, somebody stop me from buying any more clothes. I need an intervention.

Yes, all of them.

Questions?
    I'll ask my midwife tomorrow, but I thought I'd put it out here as well. I was joking with my eight-year-old late last week, and in response to a joke from me, he elbowed me in the stomach so hard it made me gasp. I know he didn't intend to hurt the baby or anything, or even me, he was just reacting without thinking, and I was just sitting right next to him on the couch. There's been plenty of movement ever since then, so I'm sure I don't have to worry about the baby, but would there be any concern from any of you if it happened to you?

Every single second. I remember holding my second son after a nursing session, with the weight of him heavy and warm on my chest, and saying to myself: "Never forget this moment. Never forget the feel of him in your arms, just like this, because it will never again feel just like this." I feel so lucky to be able to experience it all again.
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 28 + 2

What's new with baby?

Appointments? January 5th

Any new preparations for baby? Nope

Meh. Nothing really to new.

Questions?

Holding our new baby, seeing my daughter and SO interact with him. They're both so excited.

That new baby smell, the newborn cries and sounds. All the first times; feedings, baths, cuddles, basically everything that comes with being a parent. Including the late nights :)
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 28w6d (acorn squash tomorrow)

What's new with baby? Lots of stretching in there and still tons of activity.  Keeping me up more during the night.

Appointments? Next week

Any new preparations for baby? Starting to clean out nursery

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Are we done yet?

Questions?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to when little one arrives? My boys coming into the delivery room after baby is born.  This moment with DS1 was so special when DS2 arrived I'm hoping to recreate it with my boys being the first (after DH) to meet their brother. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    Weeks/Size:
    30 weeks/cucumber baby is measuring right on schedule.

Team Blue/Pink/Green:
    Blue

What's new with baby?
    Almost constant pokes and jabs. He whacked my cervix so hard the other day I literally jumped!

Appointments? Quick check up today. Doctor was happy with my numbers so far. Says not to worry unless my Bp goes up and stays up. everything else was good, I am a happy camper. Next appointment is January 7th they will do blood work then.

I picked out paint colors and brought home samples. Going to put them on the walls tonight and if all goes as planned by the paint tomorrow. We also got a new dresser for dh.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: I am getting into super nesting mode. Everything needs to be cleaned and organized. I am starting to panic baby will be here in 9 weeks or less. I am tired lately but I think that has more to do with Ds not sleeping (I've been up since 4 this morning).

Questions?

Baby snuggles, breast feeding (once we get the hang of it again), watching Ds and dh with the new little one.
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 29/acorn squash

What's new with baby? Growing growing

Appointments? Have to go in on Tuesday for my 3-hour glucose
  • Options
    soxfan9968soxfan9968 member
    edited December 2015
    Weeks/Size: 27!!! HELLO 3rd TRIMESTER!!
    Baby is the size of a camping lantern or a fennec fox.

Team Blue/Pink/Green: green

What's new with baby? 2nd viability milestone! Lungs are developed enough to survive outside and baby is showing brain activity!!

Appointments? Dec 31st!! Great way to say goodbye to the old year and hello to the new!!

Any new preparations for baby? Err... I started doing pregnancy yoga. I hate it but it's better than sitting.
    Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Dear God!! I think I'm starting to feel pain from my pelvis spreading. Holy crap!!
    Questions?

I'm seriously just looking forward to holding my baby and covering him/her with kisses.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Ugggh my post got half cut off and I'm way too lazy to retype it
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 28 weeks (tomorrow)

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Team Green

What's new with baby? Baby's lungs are mature enough to survive outside the womb on their own!

Appointments? Not until January 11.

Any new preparations for baby? Picked out paint colors for the nursery!

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: my skin is atrocious!

Questions?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to when little one arrives? FTM take your best guess & STM+ any favorite memories from previous LO that you are looking forward to repeating with the new LO? As a STM I'm looking forward to cuddles and random baby naps on my chest :) and all the firsts- first smile, giggle, roll over, etc...

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Weeks/Size: 26wks Lettuce :-) or a bowling pin, not sure how that is the same

Team Blue/Pink/Green: pink here

What's new with baby? She is going to be opening her eyes soon which is very exciting I wonder what color her eyes will be. Mommy's are green and daddy's are brown.

Appointments? Glucose Test January 4th

Any new preparations for baby? We finally finished painting the nursery, just have to decide where things go.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: More tailbone pain when sitting in uncomfortable chairs. Hip pain occasionally.

Questions?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to when little one arrives? FTM take your best guess & STM+ any favorite memories from previous LO that you are looking forward to repeating with the new LO? I'm so excited to see holidays take on a whole new meaning :-)
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 29

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

What's new with baby? Burst of energy this week! He used to only be active for about 30 minutes at a time then fall asleep again and usually only moves around alot when I'm sitting. But this week, he's insane! He is moving constantly. I don't know if it's something I'm eating or he's just having a growth spurt but OH MY! he never stops!
    Actually, I had to shift positions on the couch a couple days ago because he wouldn't stop prodding the same spot over and over and I was starting to feel bruised there!

Appointments? January 4th for a regular appointment plus extra sonogram due to low weight gain

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: My OB is concerned about my lack of weight gain. (4 pounds total sofar) And the belly is measuring 2 weeks behind. So my only goal is to eat eat eat eat eat eat.....I'm so exhausted from eating!
    I crave nothing, I'm never hungry. If I had my way, I'd probably go most of the day without a meal and be just fine. I don't understand why my body won't send me the hunger signals! It's frustrating!
    I try not to talk about it too much because I feel like I'll upset those who think they're gaining too much.
    Any other time, I'd be thanking my lucky stars that God gave me a super high metabolism. Because he sure didn't give me even a scrap of self control. :wink: 
    But right now, baby Wade might be too small. :(

We will find out on the 4th when we have the sonogram.

Questions?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Weeks/Size: 28 weeks, eggplant
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: pink
    What's new with baby? She moves constantly. She's breech right now as of my Wednesday appointment. And she hates when I lay on my right side too long.
    Appointments? Just had one two days ago, next one is in two weeks (down to that point now...)
    Any new preparations for baby? Still working on her room, and collecting decorations and clothing one piece at a time Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Craving: I'm getting to the point now where I can't eat as much as normal due to lack of room. I also get obsessed over a craving I have where I'll think about that food for like two solid days! My husband has taken to calling me "preggers" and I'm not sure if I like that nickname or not.
    GTKY: What are you looking forward to when little one arrives? FTM take your best guess & STM+ any favorite memories from previous LO that you are looking forward to repeating with the new LO? I'm looking forward to seeing who she becomes and I'm especially curious about what she's going to look like! I'm excited to teach her things, and to see my husband as a father. I know I'll be a decent mom, but I'm curious to see if having a baby will make me a) calmer and more understanding, or b) anxious and overbearing. I really hope I'm the first one.