3rd Trimester

Bloody show stories

I'm 37 weeks, doctors are not going to allow me to carry to my due date because I have gd, and my baby is already big (pushing 9lbs) .doctors are saying he could come on his own any time but if he doesn't come before Jan 7 then they are going to induce me :( . Well I lost my mucus plus about a month ago, and today I had the "bloody show"... My doctors are telling me that is a good sign that labor is about to start.. As of 33 weeks I was already 2 cm and 75% effaced. My question is, once you have the bloody show, how long usually until the really labor starts??? I know it's different for everyone, but I just wanna here some stories...

Re: Bloody show stories

• Everyone is definitely different. Don't get your hopes up based off of anyone else's story. I lost my mucus plug.. 2 days later had a bloody show then delivered the next day.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had bloody show 1.5 wks ago and I'm still friggen pregnant!!! ... Haha I'm slightly bitter
  • I had a small show that resulted in false labour at 35 weeks. Still pregnant. 37+5 now and can't wait to have him. Being massive over the holidays is the worst arghshbfnfmflddkdn
  • Never had a bloody show with either pregnancy. Lost my mucous plug two weeks before DD was born but never saw it with DS. My water broke on its own and I had both kids 5 days early.

• I didn't have a bloody show until I was halfway through labor.
  • I never had a bloody show for any of my pregnancies.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • the only "bloody show" that I had was after my midwife stripped my membranes and even that wasn't just super bloody!!

ya it happening probably means your very close BUT it could also just be like a heads up from your body!! either way good luck and you don't have much longer!!!

• Exactly what I was thinking.
    Totally something that should be only between YOU and your doctor/midwife when you let them know you are in labor. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• And, because we all know it's happened, PLEASE DON'T POST A PICTURE OF YOUR MUCOUS PLUG/BLOODY SHOW. NO ONE wants to see that.
    Might just be worse than the positive pregnancy tests...
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• skruhmin said:

And, because we all know it's happened, PLEASE DON'T POST A PICTURE OF YOUR MUCOUS PLUG/BLOODY SHOW. NO ONE wants to see that.

It is. If you lurk around on boards when people are about due, there's usually always one person that posts a picture.

A friend of a friend told her to keep her mucous plug when it comes out and put it in the baby book "because it's what protected your baby from germs for 9 months". Wtaf.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• And, because we all know it's happened, PLEASE DON'T POST A PICTURE OF YOUR MUCOUS PLUG/BLOODY SHOW. NO ONE wants to see that.
    It is. If you lurk around on boards when people are about due, there's usually always one person that posts a picture. A friend of a friend told her to keep her mucous plug when it comes out and put it in the baby book "because it's what protected your baby from germs for 9 months". Wtaf.
    Dude, ew.  Did this person also save the husband's sperm from when they thought they conceived because it helped create the baby?

People are gross.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• skruhmin said:
    And, because we all know it's happened, PLEASE DON'T POST A PICTURE OF YOUR MUCOUS PLUG/BLOODY SHOW. NO ONE wants to see that.

that would be way more gross than a positive pregnancy test! Plus google has all sorts of gross pictures if people need to see what something looks like.

*Kate*

February 2016

• DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is. If you lurk around on boards when people are about due, there's usually always one person that posts a picture. A friend of a friend told her to keep her mucous plug when it comes out and put it in the baby book "because it's what protected your baby from germs for 9 months". Wtaf.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• Yeah, I read that and...no. I wonder if she's going to keep her ute bottled up if she ever has a hysterectomy because it housed babies.

Like, you know, make it the focal point of her entry way.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• So much about this thread is potentially terrifying. The amount of people who actually post these kinds of pics is astounding... 

Also, "stories"? Um, either you saw it, or you didn't: it's not indicative of jack squat, honestly. 
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • So much about this thread is potentially terrifying. The amount of people who actually post these kinds of pics is astounding... 

Also, "stories"? Um, either you saw it, or you didn't: it's not indicative of jack squat, honestly. 
    Lurking from 2nd tri....

I have yet to see an actual picture, just a bunch of random internet photos of goblin fish and gifs...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Lurking from 2nd tri....

I have yet to see an actual picture, just a bunch of random internet photos of goblin fish and gifs...
    Oh, it's happened. 
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018

Lurking from 2nd tri....

Oh, it's happened. 
    In this thread?? Lol I've been following since it started (not daily though as life and adulting apparently have to be a priority... Ugh lol), and I haven't seen any in THIS specific thread. Unless I missed something? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Lurking from 2nd tri....

Oh, it's happened. 
    In this thread?? Lol I've been following since it started (not daily though as life and adulting apparently have to be a priority... Ugh lol), and I haven't seen any in THIS specific thread. Unless I missed something? 
    No no I mean in the past. There are many posters on TB who have been here for years. We've seen it all. 
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • Yup, I'm also in the "no such thing as TMI" during pregnancy. If you can't ask this kind of a question on a third tri board, then I give up. Third time mom here, FYI. @Brooke n Tyler It really varies for everyone. Some people can lose their plug up to a month before giving birth, other lose theirs a day or so before. With both of my kids I lost my plug about a day before going into labor. It really varies from person to person. 
  • I had a full show yesterday, and lost part of my plug 2ish weeks ago, but im only 36+5 and no sign that i will go into labour any time soon. I think just as many women report losing it in the last few weeks of pregnancy as in the last few days. my midwife said i could still even go overdue, essentially its just another indicator that my body is getting ready. 
  • It would be really great if people on these forums spent less time being caddy and making fun of other people and spent more time actually adressing people's questions. Or not "contributing" if they dont actually have something meaningful to contribute. There are plenty of "bi*ch rant moan" forums in the bump month clubs where people can pour it all out. But in these topics that are supposed to be specific... it would be AWESOME if most of the comments could be relavant and informative. From someone who clicks on these different subjects hoping to read other people's stories so I have a better idea of what to expect, or what the norm is (if there is one), it's really aggravating to see all the wasted space on these boards. And seriously ladies, there is NO such thing as TMI when it comes to pregnancy. The sooner we get over the "ewws, that's gross" and "ugh, keep that to yourself" the better all the rest of us FTMs can actually have a place to turn when we're ravenous for information, anecdotes and we simply don't know what to expect. Talking about bloody shows is no more TMI than talking about colostrum leakage. And no mom should be bullied on forums into being embarrassed for asking questions about normal bodily functions. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It would be really great if people on these forums spent less time being caddy and making fun of other people and spent more time actually adressing people's questions. Or not "contributing" if they dont actually have something meaningful to contribute. There are plenty of "bi*ch rant moan" forums in the bump month clubs where people can pour it all out. But in these topics that are supposed to be specific... it would be AWESOME if most of the comments could be relavant and informative. From someone who clicks on these different subjects hoping to read other people's stories so I have a better idea of what to expect, or what the norm is (if there is one), it's really aggravating to see all the wasted space on these boards. And seriously ladies, there is NO such thing as TMI when it comes to pregnancy. The sooner we get over the "ewws, that's gross" and "ugh, keep that to yourself" the better all the rest of us FTMs can actually have a place to turn when we're ravenous for information, anecdotes and we simply don't know what to expect. Talking about bloody shows is no more TMI than talking about colostrum leakage. And no mom should be bullied on forums into being embarrassed for asking questions about normal bodily functions. 
    catty* 
    Have you tried this website? Www.google.com
    Given everything I said before, and how I (much like others) turn to these forums for information and personal stories, it could probably be inferred that I'm the kind of person who researches the hell out of every question I have on Google. But you weren't actually offering me advice, you were just being mean and proving the point of everything I said before. I just don't know what fuels you (or anyone else posting mean comments) or how you think you benefit from saying things like this. It's unfortunate though.
    Given everything I said before, and how I (much like others) turn to these forums for information and personal stories, it could probably be inferred that I'm the kind of person who researches the hell out of every question I have on Google. But you weren't actually offering me advice, you were just being mean and proving the point of everything I said before. I just don't know what fuels you (or anyone else posting mean comments) or how you think you benefit from saying things like this. It's unfortunate though.
    Well, here's the thing. This is the internet so people can respond however they'd like. If you want to read up on information without people just being oh so very mean to poor FTMs (by the way I am one myself) you should probably stay away from open forums. We are all well aware of the fact that pregnancy is gross, but that doesn't mean we want to have a little pow wow and share stories of our vaginal discharge. Since you're just so starved for information, you could pick up a book or as I suggested, Google it. Coming here to complain about responses that are super old isn't going to help you any. 
    Well, here's the thing. This is the internet so people can respond however they'd like. If you want to read up on information without people just being oh so very mean to poor FTMs (by the way I am one myself) you should probably stay away from open forums. We are all well aware of the fact that pregnancy is gross, but that doesn't mean we want to have a little pow wow and share stories of our vaginal discharge. Since you're just so starved for information, you could pick up a book or as I suggested, Google it. Coming here to complain about responses that are super old isn't going to help you any. 
    preach, @SarahFoley725! but yeah, as a FTM as well, i have no interest in reading about other women's bloody show stories :/ Google is the way to go..
    Or...you could try *not* to dictate how people respond and use www.google.com to find a forum that suits you better. I know you're aggravated that this forum isn't perfectly tailored to meet your needs but trying to change the established tone here isn't going to work. Also, your response was just as much "wasted space" as anything else, considering you didn't actually share information pertaining to OPs question, you just finger wagged at everyone else.
    FYI, I'm not too grossed out by bloody shows/mucus plugs anymore but I'm not about to tell everyone else they need to feel the same way as me. 
    Finally, you might want to lay off the use of the word "bullied." 
    Have a nice day. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker