August 2015 Moms

DH....sigh

Share your "smh" moments so far! Here's mine from last night....

DD has always been a great sleeper (hallelujah!). When she gets up at night she eats and goes right back to bed. Since I'm nursing I do all the MOTN feelings. Usually only one per night. Last night for whatever reason DD wouldn't go back to sleep. So I passed her off to DH. This morning I found out it took her an hour to go back to sleep. After about 15 minutes of trying to get her to sleep, he came into tell me she was still hungry. I said no she just ate. Apparently at that point he took her back into her room and let her play on her play mat "since she was awake anyways". At 3am. Sigh.....

Lol. I guess if those types of things are my biggest complaints I have it pretty good. What have been your "really?" moments so far?

Re: DH....sigh

• Every time i ask him to hold the baby he says "why" or "for what" -_-
  • I tried to put LO to sleep and he was still awake trying to talk and smile. My DH goes in there and gets him up, turns on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and starts playing. I told him not to play with him its bedtime.  15 minutes later he goes, he's exhausted and wont go back to sleep. Had to deal with a cranky screaming baby for the next 30 minutes until I could get him back to sleep.  DH never listens.....

• Loading the player...
  • DH keeps telling me that on his nights, I should sleep in the spare bedroom so I can get some sleep.  Which is all nice and sweet, except that on his nights, he has trouble getting DS to go back to sleep if he wakes up.  And then guess who gets woken up to go save the day? So yeah, while it's sweet that DH would like me to sleep, it would be even sweeter if DH would learn how to soothe DS without my help. 

• Literally just this moment DH says "babe do you want to go to sleep".. I say " I can't LO is wide awake." DH then says " do u always wait for him to sleep before you go to bed." Is he taking the piss! !!!!!!!! What a ass never done a night in his life arghh nearly threw the Xmas tree at him lol
  • I also have a problem with DH getting DS excited when it's time to settle down. And he's all well I'm excited to see him and I'm like he doesn't need excitement right now it's time to go back to sleep!
  • Share your "smh" moments so far! Here's mine from last night....

DD has always been a great sleeper (hallelujah!). When she gets up at night she eats and goes right back to bed. Since I'm nursing I do all the MOTN feelings. Usually only one per night. Last night for whatever reason DD wouldn't go back to sleep. So I passed her off to DH. This morning I found out it took her an hour to go back to sleep. After about 15 minutes of trying to get her to sleep, he came into tell me she was still hungry. I said no she just ate. Apparently at that point he took her back into her room and let her play on her play mat "since she was awake anyways". At 3am. Sigh.....

Lol. I guess if those types of things are my biggest complaints I have it pretty good. What have been your "really?" moments so far?

This happened to us the other night. My lo sleeps through the night but for whatever reason was up until 2. I stayed up with her until 12:30 but then I gave her to dh since I had to get up early for work and he's a stay at home dad. He played with her until 2 when she finally went to sleep. I think that's kind of typical at this age, they are learning new things and sometimes don't sleep and want to play.
  • I don't really see the big deal on this one... It has happened frequently with both my awake for long stretches in the middle of the night babies  - the first outgrew it by 6 or 7 months I think :P Fortunately DH has been great about taking these longer stretches with this one since I get all the rest of the feeding wake-ups. Playing on the playmat till sleepy has been a staple. As has watching old reruns on late-night tv. When she gets older I'll worry more about limiting activity MOTN, but the 4 month wakeful phase is what it is, and whatever makes it more enjoyable for DH and DD2 to deal with MOTN makes everyone happy. Especially since doing it this way means little to no screaming while keeping her in the dark trying to make her sleep means lots of screaming
  • Since I handle DD the most I have (and I am sure most of you do to) a particular way of doing things with her, and I have to catch myself to NOT instruct DH on how to do certain things when it’s his turn. I’m getting better at it, but one thing I have “told” him and “told” him again is, to always put something down underneath her when he’s changing her diaper. We don’t have a changing station but we do have a changing pad that I use religiously. On top of that, most times I never even remove the soiled diaper until I have the new diaper placed underneath it. He on the other hand, removes the diaper and lets her bare all for minutes at a time, walking around grabbing things he forgot etc. And I say again and again, put a diaper under her, or use the changing mat but he never ever listens….I guess you know where this is going. I just went out and purchased brand new bedding for our bed, and he decides to change her on the bed and forgets the diaper and leaves her there in all her glory, and she happily pees and poops all over the new comforter. It took all of me not to say I TOLD YOU…wait who am I kidding I rubbed it in his face soo hard lol then I made him wash the baby and the new bedding again... Men, they just don’t listen!

PS- he still doesn’t use anything under her, and all I can do is roll my eyes at it, they never learn.

• Since I handle DD the most I have (and I am sure most of you
    do to) a particular way of doing things with her, and I have to catch myself to
    NOT instruct DH on how to do certain things when it’s his turn. I’m getting
    better at it, but one thing I have “told” him and “told” him again is, to
    always put something down underneath her when he’s changing her diaper. We don’t
    have a changing station but we do have a changing pad that I use religiously.
    On top of that, most times I never even remove the soiled diaper until I have
    the new diaper placed underneath it. He on the other hand, removes the diaper
    and lets her bare all for minutes at a time, walking around grabbing things he
    forgot etc. And I say again and again, put a diaper under her, or use the changing
    mat but he never ever listens….I guess you know where this is going. I just
    went out and purchased brand new bedding for our bed, and he decides to change
    her on the bed and forgets the diaper and leaves her there in all her glory,
    and she happily pees and poops all over the new comforter. It took all of me
    not to say I TOLD YOU…wait who am I kidding I rubbed it in his face soo hard
    lol then I made him wash the baby and the new bedding again... Men, they just
    don’t listen!

PS- he still doesn’t use anything under her, and all I can
    do is roll my eyes at it, they never learn.

There must have been no greater feeling than watching him wash those blankets. Lol
  • @Amarch1123 those moments are the best. When you don't even have to say i told you so....you just stand there looking and everyone knows it.
  • gadawgmom said:

Since I handle DD the most I have (and I am sure most of you do to) a particular way of doing things with her, and I have to catch myself to NOT instruct DH on how to do certain things when it’s his turn. I’m getting better at it, but one thing I have “told” him and “told” him again is, to always put something down underneath her when he’s changing her diaper. We don’t have a changing station but we do have a changing pad that I use religiously. On top of that, most times I never even remove the soiled diaper until I have the new diaper placed underneath it. He on the other hand, removes the diaper and lets her bare all for minutes at a time, walking around grabbing things he forgot etc. And I say again and again, put a diaper under her, or use the changing mat but he never ever listens….I guess you know where this is going. I just went out and purchased brand new bedding for our bed, and he decides to change her on the bed and forgets the diaper and leaves her there in all her glory, and she happily pees and poops all over the new comforter. It took all of me not to say I TOLD YOU…wait who am I kidding I rubbed it in his face soo hard lol then I made him wash the baby and the new bedding again... Men, they just don’t listen!

PS- he still doesn’t use anything under her, and all I can do is roll my eyes at it, they never learn.

There must have been no greater feeling than watching him wash those blankets. Lol

my DH does this ALLLL the time!! He gets peed on by our little guy at least once a week. I tell him to hurry up and he says "he needs time to air out" lol