TTC After a Loss
Options

Hospitable Bills

So this is a rant, I needed to get off my chest. It has been a couple months since my mc and now the hospitable bills are coming in. I feel like this is just opening up old wounds and then adding salt into. This money we saved for the cost labor and delivery is now being used on my mc :( And it is expensive even with health insurance and it feels like we are paying for nothing. We did not get a baby out of it, we get to pay all this money for heartache and disappointment. And then to think with the holidays coming in I will have to start fielding questions about when are we going to start trying again and all those annoying comments like it will happen when it meant to be or at least you know you can get pregent... Grrr, sorry for rant.

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks

Re: Hospitable Bills

• Options
    I hear you. Everything about the situation sucks - I'm sorry you are walking through it - especially at a time of year when it seems like the whole world is happy. I hope you are still able to enjoy some part of the holiday season - and hope the new year brings you more joy than you know what to do with!

TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    So sorry you are going through this! It sucks...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel you! I feel the same exact way. I had two M/Cs this year and I'm still paying for both. I had a D&C for the first and we are on a payment plan so we will continue paying it every month for a year. It hurts every time I make the payment, knowing we too saved up for the delivery and spent it on the D&C. I also recently had to fight with my insurance because they didn't want to cover ANY of my 2nd MC because I went to the urgent care and because I didn't need any emergency procedure for it they didn't consider it "urgent." I had to get on the phone and explain to them that having a miscarriage is URGENT, and of course I was crying through the whole call. I hate them for making me relive that time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@GoldenTMama - Oh man, I can't believe they tried to not cover it because it wasn't "urgent" enough for them!  I completely lost it when I started to MC and marched down to the ER, even though I medically probably shouldn't have (not much blood or cramping). I haven't gotten the bills yet, but I'm wondering if my insurance might try to play the same game. :/

They really shouldn't do that to people. It is already bad enough that they won't pay for testing until the 2-3 MC.

• Options
    I'll join in on this rant! I just paid a bunch of bills associated with my MC. I have very good health insurance, but as always there are lots of things they only pay part of. I had to pay a percentage of my ultrasounds both during and follow up as well as blood work/lab fees. I was so annoyed that those things are for some reason not covered. With my health care pregnancy visits after the first visit are all covered. When I checked in the day of my office visit for my miscarriage the lady at the front desk asked for my co-pay and was like, "you're not far enough along for us to count it as a pregnancy, so I'll need your $35 co-pay". Granted she didn't know I was there because I was miscarrying, but still annoying.

Sorry so many of you are dealing with the big bills associated with health care. Such an insult to injury when there is a financial cost around an already difficult situation. 
  • Options
    I feel your pain. One bill I received even had written out "for miscarriage," or something to that effect. I've had to pay for two D&Cs, one of which is due right after Christmas, and I am expecting another anesthesia bill soon. I also need a lot of blood work after the first of the year, so I will be starting my deductible over for that. Sigh. I am sorry you're all dealing with this, too. Hugs.
  • Options
    I'm going through this too.  I just called last week to get on the payment plan for my D&C.  I can't imagine having to pay for two on top of all the emotional trauma. 
  • Options
    Don't forget to ask for a discount and a payment plan, usually they will make arrangements because they do want to get paid, it makes it a little better. I am so so sorry.
  • Options
    Sucky. Big hugs.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm sorry this is happening. I'm really not looking forward to my bill. It will be for my stillbirth and will drain the savings we have. DH will be the one to open it.
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me rant, it is good to know the other people going through this too.

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Options
    I flipped out on the genetic testing people when I got a 2k bill on top of the 3k my insurance paid. they ended up making my balance zero! always advocate for yourself, worst that can happen is you still owe.