Pregnant after IF
Options

*** 3rd Tri Checkin 12/21/2015 ***

This is a weekly check in for the lucky ones who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in 3rd tri along with any appointment updates.

QOTW: How has your pregnancy been different from what you expected?  What advice would you give yourself 28+ weeks ago, if you could?

3rd Tri ladies and littles

@somewhereinafrica EDD 1/8/2016 Team Blue
@andimegie325 EDD 1/10/2016 Team Blue
@marnief EDD 1/12/2016 Team Pink
@emcarl24 EDD 1/21/2016 Team Blue

@potatocastillo EDD 2/1 Team Pink
@knottie4978096 EDD 2/2/16 Team Blue
@shelley333 EDD 2/3/16 Team Green
@hopes4baby eviction notice 2/8/16 Team Double Pink
@jeannaqueena EDD 2/21/16 Team Pink
Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
TTC #2 since Feb 2015
BFP 5/4/15

Re: *** 3rd Tri Checkin 12/21/2015 ***

• Options
    No appointment till the 30th. I keep meaning to ask what my start weight was! I want to know how much I have gained. Major Braxton hicks contractions each night especially if I am over doing it during the day.

QOTW: I wish I could tell myself to relax and enjoy it, that we would make this far. To enjoy the sugar while I could!!

We bought a new minivan today!!! My old one was having major transmission issues and we didn't get a steal but I am happy with our deal and love the new van!!! I didn't have time to put all my stuff back into it! Project for the morning. :)
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Options
    Next appointment is Thursday. We found out Friday that he finally turned head down! I know he could probably flip again if he were determined enough, but for now I'm reveling in not having to worry about being breech anymore. My cervix is closed again, which I guess is normal since doc didn't say anything about it!

I think my dr visits are the biggest difference of concept vs reality for my pregnancy. He's not a bad doc by any means, but the nonchalance definitely threw me for a loop a few times. I don't know if I expected it to be more doting or what... But with everything leading up to being pregnant being so intensive and hands on I just figured that would continue.

I'd like to say I'd tell my self to not worry, but I know I wouldn't listen anyway! Maybe, just to breathe. And buy stock in mylanta and the water company

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jeannaqueena - Congrats on the new minivan!  Enjoy that "new car smell" :)
    @andimegie325 - Yay for head down!  That is great news.

As for me...37 weeks today, checkup tomorrow.  Holy crap, so so so so tired.  And I'm sleeping terribly.  And everything went wrong yesterday.  And on Sunday my jaw started hurting and it hurts like a b@!$# and Tylenol is useless and I am miserable.  My dentist's office is closed on Mondays and doesn't open until 10 a.m. today; I left a message and hopefully they will call back and take pity on me and fit me in today.

I've been surprised by how different this pregnancy was from my first - and how much more tired I've been.  I would tell my newly-pregnant self to enjoy it as much as possible but to go easy on myself and accept the tiredness instead of fighting it all the time.
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Options
    I had a horrid week last week! But this one I have had a little surge in energy and am in a much better place having made peace with my little breech baby!

I was at a wedding on the weekend and was dancing on the dance floor for over an hour..... !! I have no idea where the energy came from but was determined to really enjoy myself!

See the doctor tomorrow to go over our plan which I think is let labour start and then do the c section. They were ok with this option and we feel more at peace with the idea that baby gets all the time he needs to flip on the off chance he wants and that he decides when he is ready to come and the benefits that come with that. If for any reason that changes I have one booked for the 5th but the doc said I can cancel it at any time or keep it and just not use it. But I'm really just so focused on baby getting here now that I have let go of my ideas of a natural water birth and after litanies realise know that this is the reason c section exist because my little guys feet coming first causes too many risks!

So feeling more comfortable with it all! It's so close now.....

I have started losing that oh so glamousrous part of pregnancy- the mucus plug!!! I called my mum from the toilet in a panic wondering what the hell was going on.... So I have a feeling we are close... Currently 37weeks and 4 days!

I wish I could tell myself that I am doing alright! I was way to hard on myself and wish I just gave myself a little more credit. Also not to listen to other people so much, I got so impacted by all the opinions- I am so comfortable now that this pregnancy is mine and not like anyone else's- not better or worse just mine and it's in my court how I approach things and how I feel.!

Hope you are all getting some sleep! And are keeping well...!
  • Options
    Hello! I'm 28 weeks 4 days now so posting here for the first time. Due 3/11/16 with a baby girl (1st pregnancy after 5 years of trying and IVF). :)

Just had my glucose screening and I "failed" with a 166. My doc likes to see it under 135, but said diabetic is over 200...so next week I have to do the 3-hour test. Ugh. Other than that I'm feeling pretty ok. I pee when I sneeze and I'm up every morning at 4am to pee. I'm measuring big and already waddling around and it's hard to sleep. Somehow I gained 10 pounds this past month but I swear I haven't changed my diet at all?? So frustrating.

QOTW: not sure what advice I'd give myself- maybe to really try to eat better and I wish I had stayed more active throughout...I've gained more weight than I wanted to and now I feel slightly guilty about not having been eating better for the baby this whole time. Trying to figure out now how to slow down the weight gain for the next 2 months but obviously I don't want to "diet"! Any tips are welcome :)
  • Options
    @somewhereinafrica - glad you are having such a good week!

@mrsloriw - welcome aboard!  Good luck with the 3-hour GTT.  As for slowing fun the weight gain...be as active as you can, that's what helped me the most.  And talk to your doc about what you're eating, to make sure you're eating the right foods.  And don't stress, that's probably the most important!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Options
    pettycrockerpettycrocker member
    edited December 2015
    Hey ladies... I had a regular OB appt today, everything is going fine. I keep gettign dizzy spells whenever I am standing for more than 5 mins. Other than that minor issue I am moving along. Not really in a rush, I'm glad I haven't hit that 3rd tri wall yet. 40 days till RCS, I am excited to meet her soon.

QOTW: How has your pregnancy been different from what you expected?  What advice would you give yourself 28+ weeks ago, if you could? Well I don't really have any expectations when it comes to pregnancy, I was just so relieved this baby made it way to my uterus after 2 ectopics last year. I will say this baby laid much lower the entire time than DD who was ALWAYS high up in my ribs. I've had pain in my cervix from around 14wks on with this one, it just got worse over the months. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi ladies, hope everyone is feeling good. @marnief has the plague left your house?

I had a scan and appt today. Everything looks good, baby is still measuring in the 98% (estimated almost 8lbs at 36 wks) but I'm tall and my doctor thinks I'm just going to have a big baby. Also, scans at this point can be more than a pound off, so I'm trying not to let it freak me out. If a big healthy baby is my only issue, then I'm just grateful. 4 weeks to go!

QOTW: I'd probably just want to tell myself to relax a little. That this will be scary but also amazing, so take it all in.
  • Options
    @emcarl24 Yes, thank goodness the plague is gone!

Saw the OB today and my fundal height is a little low - she says it should be in cm the # of weeks you are, +/- 2, and mine was X-2 6 weeks ago and again today.  So next week I get an ultrasound just to be sure that size and fluid levels are still good.  I am 1.5 cm dilated, which is exciting because I never got to this point with DD1!  Hospital bag is mostly packed.  Strep B test came back negative.

My doc also gave me a note for the dentist outlining what he could and couldn't do (yes to X-ray, lidocaine, and narcotics (!) and he could prescribe antibiotics, but no epi).  Dentist examined me and took an X-ray and said it's a sinus infection.  My Dad (retired doc, not dentist) had been worried that, from how I was describing the pain, I might need a root canal.  I am SO GLAD that wasn't it!  DH and I confessed to each other tonight that we'd both been afraid the dentist would find a tumor in my gum or something awful like that - and we'd each been afraid to tell the other our fears.  It still hurts like anything, but I'm less miserable knowing that it's nothing scary, and I've started my antibiotics so hopefully it will start feeling better soon!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15