Trouble TTC

Hi guys! *introduction* TTC PCOS failed IUI

Hi everyone! I'm so glad to have found this group. Ttc is hard! DH and I have been ttc for roughly 2 1/2 years.

Well, we found out the horrible news today that our IUI failed. Waiting 18 days for the beta test was an ETERNITY and I really thought this was the lucky cycle. AF showed up just hours before my RE called with the negative test results so at least I was prepared. We are pretty bummed about it though.

I have PCOS and my husband has the sperm of 5 healthy men. So that means it's my issues that are causing the infertility. Luckily, he has never blamed me for it but I still feel guilty about it! I almost never ovulate on my own but have been, however, cursed with random "periods" that come and go as they please, sometimes twice a month or once every 3 months. This went on until starting Femara several months ago. I was on chlomid before that with no results.

We are working with a wonderful RE. Sunday marks the start of my 9th round of fertility medications. I'm taking 10mg for 7 days instead of 5 days. We discovered last cycle that 10mg was the magic number and finally got me an egg. So, fingers crossed and I look forward to meeting you all!

Re: Hi guys! *introduction* TTC PCOS failed IUI

• Welcome, I'm sorry that you are here but happy to have another friend around. I too have PCOS and i understand the frustration of irregularity far too well i would have a period 1 maybe 2 times a year without meds. Its great that women with PCOS have such high AMH levels....sucks though that they rarely grow large enough to mean anything.

GL with this cycle. Hopefully now that they figured out 10 is your magic number this might be it, FX for you!
    ME: 28  Wife: 28
    Together since June 2005 - Married May 2015 - TTC since July 2015
    Dx: PCOS and Donor Sperm

**Trigger Warning**
    08/2015 at home IUI = BFN
    IUI #1 - 11/2015 - 50MG Clomid + 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - 12/2015 - 100MG Clomid + 150MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFP (Miscarried @ 13w3d)
    IUI #3 - 07/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #4 - 08/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = ???

• Wow, 1or 2 times a year makes it even harder. PCOS is nuts! Thanks for saying hi and fx for you too!
  • Loading the player...
  • jbal918jbal918 member
    edited December 2015
    Good luck! We are here for you! I also have PCOS. My gyn was giving me Clomid but I have an RE appt on the 28th.

Edited for grammar
    DS born 2016
  • Welcome! I also have PCOS and am blessed with annovulation. I'm sorry that you had bad news today. This is a wonderful community filled with members that have a lot of good information and support.

Me: Endo, PCOS, septated uterus (mostly removed)

DH: perfect

Started TTC in June 2011

Baby boy born 3/17/2014

• Welcome!  My issues are different (MFI) but I certainly understand the heartbreak of learning the IUI was unsuccessful!  I will be moving to my 2nd IUI soon as well.  Best of luck for you this cycle!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Thank you so much everyone! I love knowing I'm not alone, even though I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I'm loving this board.