Cloth Diapering
Options

Diaper stash

I am new to cloth diapering and due in December! I want to start cloth diapering as soon as possible after finding a routine. Kawaii has a pack of 20 pure&natural with 40 bamboo inserts. Will this be enough for the newborn stage if washing every second-third day? I also have 6 Alvas OS with 12 microfibre inserts and 11 lil helpers hybrids with 34 inserts in total for when he is older.

Re: Diaper stash

• Options
    For newborn you'll wash every day with 20. Usually you need about 36 newborn to wash every other day. They poop a lot! No experience with Kawaii specifically but maybe you could do those and try another style in newborn size? I liked covers and prefolds for newborn personally!

Once older, most recommend at least 24 changes to wash every other day. Assuming you get 3 changes out of each cover, that's 40 changes total with your Alva's. If those diapers work out for you, your one size stash should be plenty.
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    Would any of you buy used cloth diapers?? I am really wanting to use cloth for baby #2 due in July just teyinf to get it all figured out. I did cloth for a short period using prefolds and covers with my son. It was a bit overwhelming due to lack of supply (4 covers) so I was always washing and running out. Not fun. But I know a family that is beginning to potty train their son and used cloth since he was a newborn. Just going back and forth with buying used. Part of me thinks it is ok but then the other half says it's kind of like buying used unde
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lnbuckley said:

Would any of you buy used cloth diapers?? I am really wanting to use cloth for baby #2 due in July just teyinf to get it all figured out. I did cloth for a short period using prefolds and covers with my son. It was a bit overwhelming due to lack of supply (4 covers) so I was always washing and running out. Not fun. But I know a family that is beginning to potty train their son and used cloth since he was a newborn. Just going back and forth with buying used. Part of me thinks it is ok but then the other half says it's kind of like buying used unde

MANY people buy used diapers, just as there are many people who use cloth diapers for subsequent children. Many people might say that's the point of cloth -- using them for multiple kids! I bought a few newborn workhorses used (still in good quality) because I was trying to save some money. Buying used is also a good option if you're just trying to find out what works best for you. I prefer buying new, but I do what my budget allows!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker