Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Hello ladies, I was hoping I wouldn't have to move over here

But here I am. From the moment I saw the positive pregnancy test, I knew that this pregnancy just wasn't going to make it. Every day I had what I thought was an irrational fear about having a MC, but I think I really did just KNOW.

I went in for my ultrasound 12/10 and I found out that baby had only grown to 6W1D and I was supposed to be 8W. It didn't have a heartbeat. I took it really REALLY hard. Harder than I thought I was going to, even though like I said earlier, I just knew. I also had a feeling too when two weeks ago my symptoms started to go away and the 3 days before my appointment I felt AMAZING.

I started bleeding the day after my ultrasound and it has slowed down a lot today. I am concerned with the lack of blood I am having though. I decided to have a natural miscarriage but have not experienced the tons of blood I keep reading about. I had some clots for a couple days, with some intense cramping on Sunday night that lasted about 3 hours, and now it's just kind of stringy pinkish brown...stuff. Sorry TMI. Could this be normal?

Today, after 5, today being 6 days of being able to process the loss, I am finally ready to go back to work tomorrow. I have been dreading facing my coworkers, but I think I will be able to get through the day without any tears. I hope. My husband has definitely been my rock during this time and I am so happy for his support. I'm looking forward to trying for another baby. This was my first pregnancy, so I'm really hoping next time will be successful.

I'm so sorry for all of your losses. I think this was definitely the hardest thing I have ever gone through in my life.

Re: Hello ladies, I was hoping I wouldn't have to move over here

• Options
    It is so tough, and it sounds like you are handling this as well as can be expected. The group has helped me cope on days I didn't feel I could. Knowing you aren't alone provides comfortand I welcome you.
    Do you have another u/s scheduled? Are you getting hcg levels checked. It may be you are done, but better to be sure.
    May 2016 be your year, and that love fills your heart (and belly).
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. Your story sounds similar to mine. Sounds like it is possible it could be done. I agree with PP about testing. when I MC naturally there wasn't a ton of blood except for right before I would pass a larger clot. Then it would slow down again. For me the cramping came in waves like what I assume contractions feel like. It lasted 5 hours and when I passed the sac I felt relief from the pain/cramps. After that it was just bleeding/spotting/stuff like you described for a week.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry you're here, it's such a hard thing to go through. It is definitely possible that the miscarriage is done but an ultrasound will confirm this. I never bled heavily, I just had what looked like a very light period (like 1/5 of a pad each time I changed it) for about 11 days and everything still passed by the time I stopped. I hope 2016 is a better year for all of us.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    It took me over a week and then in my follow up I found out I still have part of the sac left, I go back tomorrow if it's still there I have to have a D&C.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. It sounds like our experiences were similar. I found out at about 8 weeks about the m/c, but baby never grew past 6 weeks. I had to take cytotec though. My bleeding started lighter than I expected, then it got heavier. I didn't have many clots until after I passed the sac, which was about a week or two into the bleeding. I'm still having heavy bleeding (on day 27 of bleeding).

Everyone's experience is different, and I hope yours is a bit quicker and easier than mine. You're not alone!

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    Thank you so much for all of your replies. My first day back at work was great, and it was great to have a routine again. Work definitely helped me take my mind off of things.
    I'm still bleeding and had a pretty big clot, something I haven't had in a while. It was a little smaller than a blueberry. Soft though.
    I'll probably schedule an appointment for next week to make sure everything is gone.