April 2016 Moms
Options

UO!!

So I don't see this yet today and I finally have one so let's go!

Re: UO!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @yodiggity that made me spit water! I also like how they matched the cat and dog :lol:
  • Options
    @yodiggity I want to know where they get a gate that wide! Do you know? Haha. We need one for our pup desperately that fits a very wide doorframe and I can't find one anywhere.
  • Options
    cmjenkies said:
    @yodiggity I want to know where they get a gate that wide! Do you know? Haha. We need one for our pup desperately that fits a very wide doorframe and I can't find one anywhere.
    https://home.woot.com/plus/xmas-lockdown-pet-gates-crates-cages?ref=hm_cnt_wp_3
  • Options
    cmjenkies said:

Could he be dissuaded by one of the DIY fabric ones? There are a bunch of examples if you search fabric baby gate on Pinterest/Google.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yodiggity said:

cmjenkies said:

https://home.woot.com/plus/xmas-lockdown-pet-gates-crates-cages?ref=hm_cnt_wp_3

You're awesome! I now have a new gate heading my way! Haha. We've been struggling with not wanting to crate our guy all day in winter but he spends a lot of time outside and with our work schedules changing its been tough. He will be happy to have his whole room back.
  • Options
    UO: I think going to bathroom in front of your kids is weird, and I don't find it necessary for potty training. My son is seriously not going to get anything from seeing me sit on a toilet than he would from watching the cat use a litter box.
  • Options
    dayzchic9 said:
    Sooo I just went to the ladies room and looked down and was shocked to see my maternity Gap cords are labeled as "Sexy Boot" - whaaaaat... really?  I'm about 575 degrees from feeling "Sexy Boot" about now...
    What are cords?
  • Options

dayzchic9 said:

Sooo I just went to the ladies room and looked down and was shocked to see my maternity Gap cords are labeled as "Sexy Boot" - whaaaaat... really?  I'm about 575 degrees from feeling "Sexy Boot" about now...

What are cords?

Corduroy pants.
  • Options
    cmjenkies said:
    dayzchic9 said:
    What are cords?
    Corduroy pants.
    Is this new slang terminology? I never heard them called that.
  • Options
    cmjenkiescmjenkies member
    edited December 2015
    @RoseShadow873 I didn't know that people still wore corduroy or that it was still sold in stores? I thought it phased out around the same time velour track suits did. Lol

Are they stretchy or what? They sound itchy to me @dayzchic9
  • Options
    Maybe it is regional, although I don't think I remember corduroy ever being popular so I don't hear about them that much. I never wore any before because they look weird. I pretty much only wear jeans for pants.
  • Options
    allaire314allaire314 member
    edited December 2015
    Bah ha ha ha @cmjenkies  I LOVE corduroy pants... wore them yesterday in fact! Mine have a bit of stretch, but no more than a pair of khakis. 

When I wear them, I always think of this commerical... 
    https://youtu.be/vMEKzLAm01k

ETA the link... fail.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    LOL - i've always called them Cords... um love them - I'm a teacher so I don't have to be super fancy dressed but jeans are typically only on Fridays, so corduroy (lol annnnd had to spell check that) pants are a pretty good compromise.  it's prob a regional thing as these are strictly a winter thing here in New England.

@RoseShadow873 - not itchy and yes a bit stretchy!
    allaire314 - that's hilarious

Here's a link for those new to the world of cords... https://www.gap.com/products/cords-pants-gapmaternity-C1035551.jsp

• Options

@cmjenkies I've always called them cords too!

• Options
    @cmjenkies I definitely found some velour track suits at Walmart the other day.

UO: I was tempted to buy a set because they just look SO soft and comfy...but I resisted, knowing they'd be in tatters after three washes.
  • Options
    I have actually seen articles saying that non-religious kids are kinder than religious ones. I would post a link but I can never figure out how to post them on this site.
  • Options
    fbanke42 said:
    We will not be teaching any form of religion in our household. If the kids want to know about a specific religion, we'll talk to them about it, but we will not be going to church or things like that. DH is a non-affiliated Christian, I'm an athiest. My dad's side of the family is Jewish. My mom's side of the family is a mix of Southern Baptist and non-affiliated Christians. If my kids decide to affiliate themselves with a faith group, that's completely up to them when they get old enough to understand what faith really is. Both of my parents and DH grew up with some form of religion in their household, but I didn't, and each of my siblings and I have very different ideas about higher powers and what happens after death.
    This is how I was raised (I'm baptized in the Catholic Church though). My parents did not want to impose a religion on me so I could grow up to practice/ believe whatever I wanted. I'm not saying that is right or wrong, but it is likely how we will raise our LO as well.
  • Options
    @kalanieileen no but really, even as a STM, I don't give unsolicited advice or anecdotes unless they are asked of me. It's rude. This pregnancy is completely different than my first one anyway.

Besides, non-parents/non-pregnant people giving me unsolicited advice really pisses me off.
  • Options
    thaisac1 said:
    yodiggity said:
    My UO: I think it's beyond ridiculous to want a $1000 diaper bag.
    LOL, totally agree with you in principle. But I'm one of those people. :D Guilty as charged. I gave it to myself as a bday present, hope that helps absolve me of my crime. ;)

I was a handbag lover long before this pregnancy. (It may not make sense to some, but handbag obsessions are real!) I see all my bags as investments. I know I will probably end up using a bag that I already own as LO's diaper bag, but I would love to purchase something new to represent my LO and this new chapter in my life. If it happens to be $1000.....Mama will still find a way to get it!

• Options
    I hate maternity pants. I find them really uncomfortable
    DS born on 4/16/16

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    spicedicespicedice member
    edited December 2015
    thaisac1 said:

fbanke42 said:

We will not be teaching any form of religion in our household. If the kids want to know about a specific religion, we'll talk to them about it, but we will not be going to church or things like that.

DH is a non-affiliated Christian, I'm an athiest. My dad's side of the family is Jewish. My mom's side of the family is a mix of Southern Baptist and non-affiliated Christians. If my kids decide to affiliate themselves with a faith group, that's completely up to them when they get old enough to understand what faith really is. Both of my parents and DH grew up with some form of religion in their household, but I didn't, and each of my siblings and I have very different ideas about higher powers and what happens after death.

This is how I was raised (I'm baptized in the Catholic Church though). My parents did not want to impose a religion on me so I could grow up to practice/ believe whatever I wanted. I'm not saying that is right or wrong, but it is likely how we will raise our LO as well.

DH is the black sheep in his family because of this decision. His grandfather is a pastor, so most of his family either don't know that I'm an athiest or have talked about converting me to Christianity. His step-grandmother actually made me cry (after she had left) because she kept pressuring me to have a religious wedding ceremony "for my DH's sake." My grandmother (who is Jewish) got divorced and married my Catholic step-grandfather. Both agreed on a secular ceremony, since they weren't going to force one person to deny their faith for the other person. Instead of a secular ceremony, they sent out a Catholic priest, who gave them a Catholic ceremony. My grandmother was furious and embarrassed, but went through with it. That fiasco made her feel like she was actually not married to my step

fbanke42 said:

We will not be teaching any form of religion in our household. If the kids want to know about a specific religion, we'll talk to them about it, but we will not be going to church or things like that.

DH is a non-affiliated Christian, I'm an athiest. My dad's side of the family is Jewish. My mom's side of the family is a mix of Southern Baptist and non-affiliated Christians. If my kids decide to affiliate themselves with a faith group, that's completely up to them when they get old enough to understand what faith really is. Both of my parents and DH grew up with some form of religion in their household, but I didn't, and each of my siblings and I have very different ideas about higher powers and what happens after death.

Atheist high five! We'll talk to our girls about whatever religion if they come to us with questions, but I definitely won't force the issue. Being that we live in the south it's pretty inevitable they will though.

My UO kind of goes with this. I think if you're religious and find out someone you know isn't, asking that person to just "try" coming to church is incredibly offensive especially when combined with "don't you want your child to be a good person?". I'm an adult. If I wanted to go to church (or temple or mosque or whatever) I would. Not going doesn't mean my children will automatically be murderous lunatics. I don't shove my lack of beliefs down people's throats and would love being shown the same courtesy.
    I have this problem all of the time! As a kid, going to youth group was "the thing," and if you didn't go, something must be wrong with you. I ended up being forced to go by a friend because I needed to "try out being a Christian" since I wasn't being taught at home. I've even had "interventions" because family members were concerned that I did not believe in some kind of higher power.

I also have religious friends who are 100% behind me and don't try and push anything on me. They don't even tell me that they're praying for me if I have issues, but say that I'm in their thoughts.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options

I hate maternity pants. I find them really uncomfortable

Uncomfortable and not at all flattering! None of the ones I have tried on fit right. I tried on a pair of skinny maternity jeans, and the thighs/butt were way too loose! I'm still in my regular jeans, which thankfully still fit.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    UO: I think going to bathroom in front of your kids is weird, and I don't find it necessary for potty training. My son is seriously not going to get anything from seeing me sit on a toilet than he would from watching the cat use a litter box.
    I'm with you on this. I don't think it's weird if someone else wants to let their kids in, but it's just not for me. And it's totally not necessary for potty training. I've got 4 kids (9, 7, 3, and 2), and I lock them outside the bathroom, I don't care if they are standing there screaming. They will not die during the 3 minutes it takes me to do my business. (The exception, of course, is when one of the littles is with me or in a stroller and has to come with me in the public bathroom. But I've trained my 3 year old to turn around and face the wall. ;-)
    BabyFruit Ticker