January 2016 Moms
Options

What will you miss?

I know a lot of us are miserable and ready for this pregnancy to be over so we can all meet our LOs. So what I want to know is:

What will you miss about this pregnancy?

I'm going to miss baby hiccups.

Re: What will you miss?

• Options
    When I push on her feet, she squirms and moves away or pushes back. I'm going to miss getting to play with her like that. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    When I had my DS I immediately missed feeling him move and I know It will be the same for LO. It will be nice to get into shape but I know I will miss my bump too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with PPs that I'll miss feeling her move. I'll also miss not feeling like I have to suck it in all the time and not having a period. Although if I'm lucky like I was with DS, I won't get my period back until I'm done with breastfeeding!
  • Options
    Similar to @Monilee1017 I won't miss pregnancy because it's tough on my body, but I am already a bit nostalgic. This is most likely our last, so closing this chapter of my life is bittersweet.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Options
    I'll miss feeling her kick and wiggle around, I'll miss having her with me all the time I think I'm going to be a little jealous or possessive when anyone holds her for the first little while and I'll miss not having to be self conscious and sticking out my belly with pride!
  • Options
    As most have mentioned, I'll def miss him moving around and kicking. I will also miss the random nice guestures from strangers, such a being able to cut in line for the restroom, giving up their seat on the subway...
  • Options
    I will add another vote to the missing the belly pile. I will miss sticking it out so people have to edge around me, and not having/being able to suck it in.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'll miss the movement like many of you, but also just the feeling that everywhere I go, she goes with me. Also, my dad has been spoiling me and dropping off home cooked meals once a week and I'll definitely miss that!!
  • Options
    I'll miss that right now baby is MINE. I'm carrying my little one and while I share with my fiance and family members it's going to be completely different when baby is out.

I'll also miss being able to shrug off and just say "we'll see how it goes" when people give me parenting advice, especially SIL. Yes you have 2 kids, yes they are nice kids, but they don't respect you they fear you (not bad just very very strict mama) and you're already seeing your 6 (almost 7) year old start to rebel because of it. So NO I am not going to do things exactly as I do. BLAH

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    SianyblewsSianyblews member
    edited December 2015
    I will NOT miss hiccups. I feel like I'll miss the movements and feeling her with me all the time; I think I'll forget how much it hurts to be kicked in the liver!

While sometimes I've felt like a whale there are times when I've been truly happy with my body and felt womanly for the first time ever. Everything has gotten so round and plump I feel like a Kardashian!
  • Options
    Honestly, I'm going to miss all of it. We've been trying for so long and almost gave up hope. I had almost convinced myself I would never be able to experience carrying a child. Every day has been a blessing and I am actually sad thinking about how he will soon be on the outside, and not with me 24/7!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Options
    I'm with PP about how I'm going to miss being mom to just one kid. My son has been an only child for over four years and I was convinced we weren't going to be able to have another so I had made peace with the fact that our family would be a family of three and I was really starting to rejoice in what we had. I'm not saying that I'm not excited about having another baby because we are ALL totally over the moon and I love how my son is sooo excited to be a big brother. But I'll be sad not to have that one-on-one relationship with my son.
  • Options
    I missed NO part of pregnancy after DD. Being not pregnant was glorious. I have had lots of problems all pregnancy with both kiddos and I am just so over it. I am so excited and blessed that I can so easily carry, but the symptoms associated with it are just overwhelming and make me miserable.
  • Options
    I won't be missing pregnancy either! I don't mind carrying her, of course, but the kicking in the middle of the night, when I eat something cold or sweet, takes the cake! I miss having a kick-less naps.
  • Options
    I will miss not being able to feel him move and watch him move:). Yeah sometimes it's so strong but just being able to feel him is great. I'm also gonna miss not having to suck in my gut. Pre pregnancy I didn't want anyone to see my belly and while pregnant I'm proud of my belly:)
  • Options
    I'm going to miss hearing his little heartbeat on the Doppler..
    Once he's born, I won't be able to listen anymore... I'll only be able to feel it...
    I don't know if that'll be the same :-(
  • Options
    @ashhsa and @khf221979 yesss to not having to suck in! It's so wonderful! I love being able to wear tight things and not have to worry about looking bloated and just having a cute baby belly instead.
    I'm also going to miss getting to eat so much gluten-filled things, as I had a (true) gluten allergy before pregnancy. Maybe I'll be lucky and it'll stay this way afterwards!
  • Options
    @ashhsa and @khf221979 yesss to not having to suck in! It's so wonderful! I love being able to wear tight things and not have to worry about looking bloated and just having a cute baby belly instead. I'm also going to miss getting to eat so much gluten-filled things, as I had a (true) gluten allergy before pregnancy. Maybe I'll be lucky and it'll stay this way afterwards!
    Did this happen to you too!? I thought it was just me and I was crazy. I have been enjoying a LOT of mac and cheese this pregnancy because of it. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    The movement, the hiccups, the weird bumbling around.

knowing she's safe from the world inside my tummy, I know where she is at all times & don't have to worry.

the personal time knowing that she's all mine, being the only one who truly interacts with her.

being one with her, it's such an amazing connection sharing your body with another person.

The anticipation imagining who she is, her little personality & what she will look like.
  • Options
    See, I'm one of those I'm not going to miss anything type people. I just can't wait to have my body not be such a mystery. Without baby I know how I should feel, but being pregnant I don't know what this pain is or if it's ok. This pregnancy has been a thousand times worse than with my first.
  • Options

The movement, the hiccups, the weird bumbling around.

knowing she's safe from the world inside my tummy, I know where she is at all times & don't have to worry.

the personal time knowing that she's all mine, being the only one who truly interacts with her.

being one with her, it's such an amazing connection sharing your body with another person.

The anticipation imagining who she is, her little personality & what she will look like.

<3
  • Options
    This will be my only pregnancy, and I had a really hard first 5 months. The last half has been OK, but lately I'm overly hormotional about this being the last month and missing having something to myself.
  • Options
    @krisdee123 - Love "hormotional!"  I'm gonna start using that.  :)
  • Options
    I will miss him moving and rolling around in my tummy. I just really enjoy having him with me all the time.
  • Options
    Really nothing to miss. Maybe good hair for sure, because they will start to get brittle and fall out a month or two after giving birth
  • Options
    I was just telling DH that I won't miss the hiccups. I don't know if I'll miss anything from pregnancy but I know I'm going to miss things like long luxurious showers/baths and being able to just run out the door when I want to go somewhere. Everything is worth it. I can't wait to meet this guy.
  • Options
    Pregnancy certainly has its blah and painful moments. And the gaining weight sucks. But I think I've had a relatively easy pregnancy. I don't hate it, but I am just really excited to meet her.

I will definitely miss her move, and holding my belly at night or in the car. On my drive to work I rub my belly and talk to her, I'll miss that, though I know I'll just hold her and talk to her anyway. I'll also miss how attentive DH is, as I'm afraid that once she is here we will both be too distracted.
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • Options
    @MammaDoc yup, I just indulged in some lasagna tonight!
    I know of a woman who is allergic to like, everything, and didn't have a few of her allergies while she was pregnant. I think that is so bizarre!
  • Options
    I will miss all her movements and kicks, love being able to feel those. Not so much the hiccups! I find those really annoying when I'm trying to sleep especially! I will miss being able to just go and do what I want when I want, but I can't wait to meet my baby girl and know it will all be new and although stressful, extremely worth it all!
  • Options
    Im lurking from April '16, so I still have a few more months to go. But I don't think I'll miss anything! I like feeling him kick, but I will like seeing him kick his little legs and be able to kiss his sweet little cheeks and cuddle him more! Annnnnd that's it! Like others have said, pregnancy has been rough on me, and I am so ready to have my body back to myself. I'm ready to fit in normal clothes, eat normally, and for the love of God be able to get up easily! I love taking bubble baths, but I'm already having a hard time getting out of the tub, and I still have 3 months left!