Military Families

Let's introduce ourselves!

2»

Re: Let's introduce ourselves!

• This board can be pretty quiet, so let's try to liven it up a bit?! Get to know each other! What branch are you or your SO in? Where are you stationed? Where are you from? How many children do you have? Whatever you'd like to share!!

My name is Kristi, I'm almost 23 years old, I have a little girl with my husband who will be 6 in September and I'm currently pregnant with another darling little girl due Christmas Eve! My husband is Air Force, we've been married 3 years and together for 7, we are both from Wisconsin and currently live on the island of Guam. We're both counting down the days till we leave this rock!!

Krisiti!
    So glad to see you are in Guam! We are moving there less than two months after our baby is born, do you have any advice or info that can help?
  • Hi! My names Kim I'm 25 and 14 1/2 weeks pregnant with a baby girl it is our first due in June 2016. My husband is Active Duty Marines and stationed in North Carolina.
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• Loading the player...
  • Hi I'm Adriana and my husband currently station at ft hood. And I'm 35 weeks pregnant

Hi Adriana! We are at Fort hood too and I am 32 weeks pregnant. Is this your first pregnancy?
  • This board can be pretty quiet, so let's try to liven it up a bit?! Get to know each other! What branch are you or your SO in? Where are you stationed? Where are you from? How many children do you have? Whatever you'd like to share!!

My name is Kristi, I'm almost 23 years old, I have a little girl with my husband who will be 6 in September and I'm currently pregnant with another darling little girl due Christmas Eve! My husband is Air Force, we've been married 3 years and together for 7, we are both from Wisconsin and currently live on the island of Guam. We're both counting down the days till we leave this rock!!

Krisiti!
    So glad to see you are in Guam! We are moving there less than two months after our baby is born, do you have any advice or info that can help?
    Hey!
    I will tell you it's small and expensive. Selections are small. If there are things that you are used to having at home stock up on it as much as you can before you come here! Shipping anything here can be a nightmare as well. Def don't go off judging Guam by what you see on Google, it is beautiful in the tourist areas, but other parts can sometimes remind someone of a third world country. If you plan on living off base I suggest buying a generator before you come. They are expensive here and we get typhoons that knocked out power for a few days off base this year. IT GOT HOT and people lost food. It's a tourist island for Japan, Russia and Korea so off base places get busy! There is a big boonie dog issue on the island so don't be surprised when you get here to see tons of random dogs roaming the areas. Usually they leave you alone. Crime and break ins are high. Certain times of the year black birds mate and if your out walking they are known to attack and snakes are an issue, but some people will tell you they never see them some people see a bunch. Our 2 years here I've seen 3. Island is small, but a lot of people and no highways means bad traffic and highest speed limit is 35mph. On to the good, beaches are gorgeous! Snorkeling is a must and if you can handle it and afford it (it's very cheap here) get dive certified! It's relatively easy and cheap to travel here to places like the Philippines, Japan, Australia, Bali and Thailand or other islands in the marianas. Tumon bay, the hotel and tourist area is fun! Good eats and high end shopping! Fun for family staycations! Hiking can also be beautiful if you are active and up for the adventure! We're small bases so good and bad is everyone knows everyone. Umm, ship your car as soon as you can and really look into housing both on base and off when you get to the island. Everyone has their preference, but it's best to look at both when you are here to think and decide what will work best for you. My daughter goes to school on base and we are a one car family, I didn't like homes off base ESPECIALLY for the prices (even if OHA covered it) and bills are crazy so we stay on base and I love it. My husband comes home for lunch everyday and I'm nearby the gas station, bx and commissary if I need anything quick! Any questions feel free to ask!
  • I'm so late but I'm from California and my husband is from Wisconsin. This is our first baby and we are very excited. My husband is a Marine and we are stationed at Camp Pendleton in So Cal!
  • Hey-o. My husband is active duty Army finishing up the last six months of his temp assignment in recruiting. We are both 28, from Nevada (we were friends in middle and high school), married just under 5 years, and our first child is due in July. We have 3 dogs that are the core of our little universe. I don't know where he will be stationed next, but we will probably be moving shortly after the birth in late July or early August.
  • My name is Kenia (21) and my husband (22) is a Lance Corporal for the United States Marine and we have a daughter together (2 months). We also have 1 cat who was technically our first baby lol. He is stationed in San Diego and we've been together since high school (5 years on Feb 7) and married for 1 year. We are both California born and raised! :heart: