3rd Trimester

Re: C-Sections Are Best With a Little Labor, a Study Says

• Interesting article! I definitely believe that there is an amazing communication between mother's body and baby and researchers still don't know exactly what triggers natural labor to start, but clearly it's beneficial to let baby decide when to come, even if the exit route is ultimately surgically re-directed. I wonder if this will help change the standard practice of scheduling planned c-section a week or more before the expected due date.
  • kitteh81 said:
    Interesting article! I definitely believe that there is an amazing communication between mother's body and baby and researchers still don't know exactly what triggers natural labor to start, but clearly it's beneficial to let baby decide when to come, even if the exit route is ultimately surgically re-directed. I wonder if this will help change the standard practice of scheduling planned c-section a week or more before the expected due date.
    I'm not sure if this is everywhere, but at least in my state (Oklahoma) inducements and c-sections cannot be performed more than a week prior to EDD unless there's a medical reason (size isn't a medical reason). 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker