August 2015 Moms

Preggo? Baby on the brain?

Hey ladies! I am wondering if any of you are preggo again yet or if you are planning on getting there soon. I was thinking it would be neat to start trying again in Jan. But we will probably wait a few more months because of C section issues. :-) 

Re: Preggo? Baby on the brain?

• I had a C section, and we are hoping to get KU again in Jan/Feb.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Do both of you ladies have good sleepers right now? I'd love to have my babies close in age, but my boy is a horrible sleeper and I couldn't imagine being pregnant and not getting any sleep on top of that!
  • Loading the player...
  • ksimon23 said:

Do both of you ladies have good sleepers right now? I'd love to have my babies close in age, but my boy is a horrible sleeper and I couldn't imagine being pregnant and not getting any sleep on top of that!

Same here!

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would love to have another but we're not quite in the right place financially. Also, my brother and SIL just got pregnant after trying for quite some time. They are going to be one and done so this is the only time they'll have this experience. I would never consciously do something that would steal her thunder.
  • ksimon23 said:

Do both of you ladies have good sleepers right now? I'd love to have my babies close in age, but my boy is a horrible sleeper and I couldn't imagine being pregnant and not getting any sleep on top of that!

I can count on one hand the number of nights that we haven't had at least a 6 hour stretch of solid sleep. Even in the hospital he would have the entire night sleeping.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• ksimon23 said:

I can count on one hand the number of nights that we haven't had at least a 6 hour stretch of solid sleep. Even in the hospital he would have the entire night sleeping.
    Lucky you! And I mean that sincerely. My LO used to sleep that way but since about 3 or 4 weeks ago she has woken every 45 to 90 minutes at night. She isn't even hungry! Just startles awake and needs help going back to sleep.

• Lately i've been missing the experience of giving birth and holding my little baby now that he's gotten so big and chubby. I definitely want another one so we are currently trying! I also would love how close they would be.
  • ksimon23 said:

ksimon23 said:

ksimon23 said:

ksimon23 said:

This is us too. We have an amazing sleeper. I keep catching myself having baby fever already, but I'm not ready to get pregnant again. My biggest reason is I didn't have a hard pregnancy, but I slept horribly, I was always so exhausted, woke up every 1-2 hours. I get way more sleep as a new mom than I did my whole pregnancy. My other reason is I really want to lose some baby weight first, I feel so unhealthy right now, I gained a lot of weight and I'm struggling to lose it. I used to work out all the time, but with a baby and working full time it's just not happening.
  • micshi said:

ksimon23 said:

Lucky you! And I mean that sincerely. My LO used to sleep that way but since about 3 or 4 weeks ago she has woken every 45 to 90 minutes at night. She isn't even hungry! Just startles awake and needs help going back to sleep.
    Are you swaddling her?My daughter will do the same thing if I put her down without swaddling. Infants have a startle reflex until about 5 month.
  • irohspupilirohspupil member
    edited December 2015
    nataha2 said:

micshi said:

ksimon23 said:

Are you swaddling her?My daughter will do the same thing if I put her down without swaddling. Infants have a startle reflex until about 5 month.
    Nope. I had to stop swaddling her because she can roll over from either side :-(

ETA: her crappy sleep coincides perfectly with her new ability to roll over. Probably just because I can't swaddle her anymore :-/

• mrsb30 said:
    This is us too. We have an amazing sleeper. I keep catching myself having baby fever already, but I'm not ready to get pregnant again. My biggest reason is I didn't have a hard pregnancy, but I slept horribly, I was always so exhausted, woke up every 1-2 hours. I get way more sleep as a new mom than I did my whole pregnancy. My other reason is I really want to lose some baby weight first, I feel so unhealthy right now, I gained a lot of weight and I'm struggling t
    lose it. I used to work out all the time, but with a baby and working full time it's just not happening.

___

We have been lucky. He is a great sleeper 90% of the time. I am getting at lot more sleep than I expected to. 
    I also gained a ton of weight on top of being a chubster before being pregnant. I am about 20 pounds away from where I want to be if I were to get pregnant again. After the holidays I am going to hit the diet and gym hard to lose the weight so that I am ready. 

I have insane baby fever. I miss every aspect of being pregnant and the entire process. I am a little worried about doing it again so quickly because I know that back to back babies will be rough on my body and I might not have the same happy experience that I had the first time. 
  • No and no. I have a 2 year old and an almost 4mo old. I do not want another anytime soon. Lol. Baby fever hit hard and fast after DS but I'm starting to think we are done having babies.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2015
    ** Removed **
  • I want another my Lo is 15weeks and sleeping through the night. He goes down between 8-10pmand sleeps until 6-8am

He weighs about 19lbs
  • Nope. I wouldn't mind having two pretty close together but it would be a stretch financially. We plan to have them about three years apart in age so we'll probably start trying again in a year and a half. If daycare were cheaper it'd be a different story!
  • All I can think about is getting some sleep! No way am I ready for another LO yet!
  • White noise machine by homemedics
  • CANTW82BMOMCANTW82BMOM member
    edited December 2015
    I really want to get pregnant soon. I talk about it all the time. LO is almost 5 months, EBF, and I still haven't gotten my period though, so I'm not sure if it's going to happen any time soon for me. :/

Edit: spelling
  • Some days I feel like I want another baby, then I have to sit down and recite my ridiculously long list of why that is a horrible idea to myself. Babies are amazing and adorable and all of my kiddos bring me immense joy, but we are not ready at all.
  • My lo is 17 weeks born aug 31 and we have the go ahead from gyno to start trying and we have! My husband is 45 I'm 29 he wants to have them close together and I agree. If I start getting real good sleep I'm never gonna wanna go back! Just get it over with sounds harsh but that's kinda how I feel get the hard part done all at once
  • Crosses my mind a lot but I'm still breastfeeding (doesn't eliminate chances of pregnancy but significantly reduces them). Still waiting on my cycle to kick back in.
  • My hubby wants to try when my baby is 1 years old but honestly I want one in 5 years I'm going to college and I want to finish and then find a good stable job :( but he wants then to be close :/ my baby is five months he loves when I'm pregnant but I just want to wait but I feel like five years is to long !