Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY: Treat Yo Self Thursday!

Obv TTC can be stressful so what have you or what are you going to do this week for yourself? Manicure, pint of ice cream, weekend away? Be it small or big, share how you are taking care of YOU this week!

Re: GTKY: Treat Yo Self Thursday!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I ordered myself a new pair of shoes and they arrive tomorrow and I am so freakin' excited!
  • Options
    The Tonight Dough ice cream is calling my name from our freezer.
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    I bought a $5 hipster ice cream sandwich on my lunch break today. So worth it.
    Tell me more about this sandwich.

I'm buying new needles and embroidery floss today.  And I'm going to Michael's to do it so God knows what else I'll come out of there with.
    @housewifehobbyist, it's from a husband and wife team in my small town that have a tandem bicycle that they drive around with a small cooler attached to the back.  They're the cutest.  They have really bizarre combinations like goat cheese and fig on an oatmeal cookie, which I am too afraid to try, but the cookies and ice cream are all made from scratch.  The flavor I got today was lemon ice cream with blueberries mixed in, on a gingersnap cookie! It was really good!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    @gonetothesea My mouth literally watered reading your post. The goat cheese one sounds AMAZING! You should totally get it next time!

I just spent a ton at Nordstrom Rack. I forgot they built one close to me and just went wild. But the price I paid for like 7 shirts, two pants, scarf and hat was pretty sweet!

• Options
    I had an hour massage yesterday then went and got highlights to brighten up my hair.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    I already posted this in WTO, but I'm reading at my son's school tomorrow morning but I took the whole day off to shop and wrap and maybe even relax a little while he is at school.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    I bought some new 800 thread count sheets. AMAZING.

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• Options
    I bought a $5 hipster ice cream sandwich on my lunch break today. So worth it.

I am picturing this:

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm getting my hair done tonight.....much needed    :)
  • Options
    DH and I just booked a trip to Puerto Vallarta for February. Can't wait! I'm already picturing myself on the beach :)

• Options
    I did nothing while DD was at mom's day out today except eat, bump, and watch Netflix. That's not true actually I did drop the car off at the shop, but that took all of a half hour. I feel super guilty because I normally get at least one errand and several things around the house done, and I will be rushing around like a mad woman from 4-5:30 so DH doesn't know, but I enjoyed and deserved every minute. Also, we have a date night tonight for the first time in over a month! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary       

• Options
    "The Wizard of Oz" is opening at our Orpheum Theatre tonight. DH and I scored free tickets from one of my best friends, so I'm going to dinner with her and then the 3 of us are going to the show. I haven't been to a theatre production that I wasn't in, directing, or stage managing in YEARS! 

Then Saturday I'm going with the ladies on my mom's side of the family for painting and wine, and then I get to go to dinner with a couple of my cousins (who are more like my siblings) at my favorite restaurant for sushi! :) 

Then on Sunday, my immediate family is going over to my brother's house to decorate Christmas cookies with my nephew (he's 5 and the coolest kid I know). I'm going to eat cookies without feeling guilty. I don't care what anyone says.

It's going to be a great weekend. 
  • Options
    I'm letting myself run. Even though everything I read says if you're already a runner, continuing to run moderately for 30-60 mins a few times a week is unlikely to affect TTC, I've been a little paranoid. My coach talked me down this week, and I feel so much more like myself after a few comfortable paced runs. 
  • Options
    As you may imagine - looooving this thread.  
    We're throwing a holiday party tomorrow.  I'm going to make a couple things, but the majority of food and desserts will come from markets/bakeries in the neighborhood.  Because, Treat Yo Self

I wish I could treat myself w/hipster ice cream sandwiches though.  They sound so good! 
  • Options
    As you may imagine - looooving this thread.  

The "Treat Yo Self" conversation that recently happened about your username was my inspiration, so thank you! That and the fact that I sometimes need a reminder that it is ok to think about me and only me.
  • Options
    I had two tests today and I always go to Dunn Bros first to get sausage/egg/cheese crepes and a mocha first. 

Debating what I want to eat at around midnight tonight. *loss mention* I have a D&C in the morning and am not supposed to eat anything after that time, so I want something good. Hmmm maybe my very own pizza? 

This weekend idk we're trying to save a lot of money so I think my big treat will be to relax and read TWD. 
  • Options
    FiancB said:
    I had two tests today and I always go to Dunn Bros first to get sausage/egg/cheese crepes and a mocha first. 

Debating what I want to eat at around midnight tonight. *loss mention* I have a D&C in the morning and am not supposed to eat anything after that time, so I want something good. Hmmm maybe my very own pizza? 

This weekend idk we're trying to save a lot of money so I think my big treat will be to relax and read TWD. 

GL with your D&C tomorrow. I'm so sorry. FX for a quick physical recovery. 

• Options
    @FiancB - so sorry for your loss.

I am treating myself too much this week... especially since coughing now means I can't go to the pool...
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    anj27 said:
    @housewifehobbyist, it's from a husband and wife team in my small town that have a tandem bicycle that they drive around with a small cooler attached to the back.  They're the cutest.  They have really bizarre combinations like goat cheese and fig on an oatmeal cookie, which I am too afraid to try, but the cookies and ice cream are all made from scratch.  The flavor I got today was lemon ice cream with blueberries mixed in, on a gingersnap cookie! It was really good!
    That may be the most adorable thing I have ever heard. I may have to suggest that to my husband as our new combined career path. 

It is pretty adorable, @anj27. Glad I sparked a new career path for you. ;)

HeyBooHey said:
    @gonetothesea My mouth literally watered reading your post. The goat cheese one sounds AMAZING! You should totally get it next time!

I just spent a ton at Nordstrom Rack. I forgot they built one close to me and just went wild. But the price I paid for like 7 shirts, two pants, scarf and hat was pretty sweet!

It does sound good! And interesting! But I'm scared I won't like it and I would have wasted $5! Haha!
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    I will definitely be treating myself this weekend!!  So many holiday parties... so I have to stay on track during the week!  But I'll be sure to enjoy myself this weekend. =)
  • Options
    I took a 3 hour nap yesterday. And a 3 hour nap today, again.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Options
    @hunnybunny17 - I'm jealous of your nap.  I tried today, but I failed.  I did get a good kitty snuggle in, which was nice, but a lot of the reason I didn't nap.  It's difficult to sleep when a cat is sandpaper tongue licking your nose in just one spot incessantly!

• Options
    MrsDho11 said:
    @hunnybunny17 - I'm jealous of your nap.  I tried today, but I failed.  I did get a good kitty snuggle in, which was nice, but a lot of the reason I didn't nap.  It's difficult to sleep when a cat is sandpaper tongue licking your nose in just one spot incessantly!
    @MrsDho11 It seems like the times they want to snuggle are the most inconvenient and usually when trying to sleep. Your cat sounds adorably personable though!

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Options
    MrsDho11 said:
    @MrsDho11 It seems like the times they want to snuggle are the most inconvenient and usually when trying to sleep. Your cat sounds adorably personable though!
    @Hunnybunny17 - yeah, the one that was doing the snuggling (Abed) is a tricky guy.  He's super sweet to DH and I, but he's a bit anti-social to strangers.  Eventually he'll turn sweet if they hang around enough, but he starts out completely terrified and hidden.  His brother, Troy, however... dude is a cuddle-lover.  He's all over strangers the second they walk in the door and he doesn't stop.

• Options
    I splurged on a little bit of makeup from Sephora and it felt like Christmas getting that package yesterday. :)

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• Options
    This post prompted me to go get a manicure lol
  • Options
    I ate like a pound of cheese for dinner. Probably not the healthiest choice, but it was a reallllllllllly good Stilton.
    @FiancB, I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

I bought an adult coloring book this past weekend (thanks to this board!), and I just started using it last night. I'm hoping it will prove to be meditative.

What is an adult coloring book? I'm sorta afraid to ask...I'm picturing something like a paint by numbers Kama Sutra...
  • Options
    I bought an adult coloring book this past weekend (thanks to this board!), and I just started using it last night. I'm hoping it will prove to be meditative.
    What is an adult coloring book? I'm sorta afraid to ask...I'm picturing something like a paint by numbers Kama Sutra...
    They're all the rage these days.  Books A Million usually has a big display of them. They're basically intricate pictures to color in with markers. See below.

Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Options
    Kraft macaroni and cheese. Probably the whole box for dinner.. So bad.... But so good.

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Options

MrsDho11 said:

Awe!!! I miss my cat so much... She passed two years ago. She used to try and sleep on my head :)

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Options
    Kraft macaroni and cheese. Probably the whole box for dinner.. So bad.... But so good.
    Did that on Tuesday. Didn't even feel guilty, just full!
  • Options
    @gonetothesea - Did you see that there is a Kickstarter page for an adult coloring book that is all swear words? Here's the link. I didn't realize I needed this in my life until now. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/810047682/sweary-colouring-book