May 2016 Moms

TTT

2»

Re: TTT

• @bookelf221 I'm so jealous of your floors! They look great! I want to be carpet free so bad.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• 1. My husband made brownies bc he knew I had a chocolate craving. I added peanut butter. No shame.
    2. I cried at work yesterday and today. This week is hard.
    3. Some stranger stared at my stomach today when I was walking down the street. I kind of wanted to shout out it was just from beer.
    4. Big weekend planned with my bestie out of town. We are taking our kids to the Santa brunch at her country club. Can't wait to deck them out and make them take ridiculous pics. Faux fur will most def be involved.
    5. My Xmas card delivery is floating around in UPS purgatory - what did I do to deserve this?
    6. My daughter is having a verbal burst and it's the best. Today at lunch she pointed "look at all those old ladies drinking coffee". Writing that i realize it's the most boring sentence ever written, but out of the mouth of babes, it melts my ovaries.
    7. Where are all my Christmas treats at work?!?
    8. I got the pants I ordered from kohls - they are boring and navy but I wore them with a camel turtle today and repeated to myself "I will try to dress better this pregnancy"
    9. I caught up with OITNB, so I'm ready for the next season to coincide with maternity leave just like season one did!
    10. Glad you're back @js8812, I will be sending extra thoughts and prayers to you next week for your anatomy scan. Ps did you ever figure out what happened to your account?
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Loading the player...
  • @doozer1345, we wanted the 1st episode of Wicked City and liked it. Then I heard it was getting axed so we stopped

SERIOUSLY, there is nothing good on TV. Except for Housewives and Vanderpump Rules....

cat fail animated GIF

• @that1didntcount did you know today is National Brownie Day???

And if you just bought your cards at Hallmark, they wouldn't be lost at UPS ;) I kid, I kid...kinda...

cat fail animated GIF

• @yogahh no way, I had no idea! Well now I'm glad we participated in such an important landmark of a day. I forgot your personalized photo Xmas card UO! We might be hallmark-ing the way it's going. Also - I can talk vpr and RHOBH any time! I need your thoughts on Lala, and Kristen. And go!
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • @yogahh no way, I had no idea! Well now I'm glad we participated in such an important landmark of a day. I forgot your personalized photo Xmas card UO! We might be hallmark-ing the way it's going. Also - I can talk vpr and RHOBH any time! I need your thoughts on Lala, and Kristen. And go!

I missed last nights episode.. But I have to say I love James his season. "We were totally boning". Best line ever. Or when he said to Kristin in therapy "I feel like you are delusional"!!!

cat fail animated GIF

1. I spent ages on the phone with a woman from a nice little boutique shop about a baby registry and now I actually feel even more overwhelmed than I did before . .
    2. I've been feeling movement on the outside for a few days now and it's quite exciting!
    3. I had my Anatomy Scan US yesterday and found out I'm having a girl!
    4. I have to go back in two weeks for a follow up scan. The US tech kept saying "Don't worry, I just want to see a better shot of the heart." and "There is nothing to worry about" She must have said the word "worry" 8 times minimum. I am now officially worried. My mother had a major heart issue and I am terrified.
    5. Husband is going to Malaysia. He leaves on the 13th of December and comes back on the 20th. I'm half excited to be alone for a full week but I'm also really apprehensive that I'll have some kind of crazy emergency. Luck has not been on my side for the last month or so.
    6. Dh's 4 kids aren't really interested in the new baby at all. I expected that maybe they would be put off at first but they literally ignore it all together and avoid any conversations that may head in a baby direction. It actually makes get togethers uncomfortable. Not sure what to do about that . . .
    7. I am not enjoying this christmas at all. I actually enjoy NZ christmas way less since its summer and hot and people BBQ here instead of have a nice dinner but this year we are really skimming it even more because of baby costs and other various things.
    8. I really miss snow. A lot.
    9. It seems like this is a big list of complaints so Ill try and add a few happy ones . . . Im starting to look more obviously pregnant and not just like i have swiftly let myself go.
    10. It is taking me WAY too long to come up with two happy things! Ive been sitting here looking at this list for 10 minutes! Um . . . Im going to go make myself some Pick-Me-Up cookies cause I think I need them. :) 
  • @doozer1345 Say what?! Goat cheese is amazing. You can't go through life without trying it! Spread a little on a cracker with some honey. I've eaten a lot of cheese in my life thanks to my funemployment job of working in a wine shop, and I can't think of what you could eat with a similar flavor - goat cheese is distinct. It's usually mild, but it can be pretty pungent depending on type. I usually prefer mild goat cheese on salad that I'm adding fruit to (strawberries, blueberries, etc). I don't really like it on its own like cheddar or other harder cheeses, but it's such a great compliment to so many things. Crackers, fruits, sandwiches even. My favorite local cafe has a sandwich with chicken, goat cheese, and red peppers. It's also better for you than cheese made from cow's milk - lower in fat and calories, but still plenty of flavor. It's my go-to. Try it!
  • 1. My first TTT!

2. I don't miss alcohol or caffeine - I don't want it all still!

3. Lately I've been watching tv 8-11pm.  What is good these days?

4. I love how someone on here said their food preferences are 'fickle'.  That is a perfect description: I love it today and gag on it tomorrow.

5. Not even close to being done with Christmas shopping.

6. My eyebrows need professional intervention.

7.  I need help with a dress for DH's semiformal Christmas party on Dec. 19th!

8.  My hands are red, dry, and itchy! Darn winter

9. Debating requesting delayed cord clamping for this LO. Anyone else?

10. Craving white chocolate peppermint bark.  I might try to make it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• @Jennys86 I've been told O'Keefe's Working Hands is a miracle on winter hands.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• @Jennys86 I've been told O'Keefe's Working Hands is a miracle on winter hands.

thanks!!

Mama to Three Girls: 

• @Jennys86 I forgot the benefits to delayed cord clamping?? I've been wanting to donate my placenta but those people must not want it that bad bc they make you jump through hoops of fire to do it!
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• @That1didntcount Thanks! Nope... I haven't heard a peep about what happened. So weird. I do feel much more BA than I ever did before though. ;)
  • doozer1345 
    From what I've read, delayed cord clamping leads to increased blood volume and hemoglobin & hematocrit in a term newborn (and thus decreases risk of anemia).  The downside is that some say that jaundice levels may increase.  However, according to the research, this increase is not statistically significant. Delayed cord clamping is even more important for preemies.  I look forward to having a discussion with my OB about it.

Mama to Three Girls: 

• @jennys86 what is going on that so many things are causing jaundice and/or so many babies have jaundice. They tried to tell me the last day DD had jaundice in the hospital. She didn't. I almost feel like they throw that diagnosis out like candy.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• @jennys86 what is going on that so many things are causing jaundice and/or so many babies have jaundice. They tried to tell me the last day DD had jaundice in the hospital. She didn't. I almost feel like they throw that diagnosis out like candy.

Well - all newborns do have jaundice!! Just some have more than others.  They need time to get it out of their system!  They get rid of bilirubin via urine, stool, and through the skin.  Get those May babies in a sunny window!

Mama to Three Girls: 

• JennyS86 said:
    @jennys86 what is going on that so many things are causing jaundice and/or so many babies have jaundice. They tried to tell me the last day DD had jaundice in the hospital. She didn't. I almost feel like they throw that diagnosis out like candy.

Well - all newborns do have jaundice!! Just some have more than others.  They need time to get it out of their system!  They get rid of bilirubin via urine, stool, and through the skin.  Get those May babies in a sunny window!
    I learn something new everyday! Thank you!
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• @ doozer1345  Agreed!  and bonus if you get to stay in bed!

Mama to Three Girls: 

• 1.  We have been trying to clean out the room the nursery is going to be in.  This has been hard on us b/c we had no idea we had so much stuff!!!!!!!!!.  Well we had an idea, but you don't really think about it being so much until you are stuck having to go through it.  We took a truckload of stuff to the Good Will store this weekend.  We still have a lot to go. 

2.  In relation to that, the house is a really big/HUGE mess at the moment.  Instead of just getting rid of some stuff, DH wants to try to put it on eBay and sell it.  I fear some stuff will never leave this house!  We have two bookshelves we bought at GoodWill for the nursery that are sitting in our living room.  Currently they have collected Christmas presents that need to be wrapped.  We have baby stuff DH purchased from co-workers.  We have no room in the living room for this crap. 

3.  DH apparently thinks that I spend too much time on the computer.  I don't think he gets it that when I'm exhausted (but not sleepy) or I'm hurting that I need to sit down, then I get on the computer.  Or he thinks that when I share a bunch of things on FB that it takes me a long time.  Shoot I can probably share like 10 things in less than five minutes.  He seems to think that I spend hours doing that.   He has initated a 3 day internet ban.  No internet usage after work hours.  It applies to him also.  He is just as bad as I am, only I don't call him out on his bs as much as he calls me out.  Apparently I"m expected to clean the house and do everything and all he is responsible for is the yard work (yard has not been mowed in couple of months) and building the fence.

4.  My vocal and motor tics are getting worse with pregnancy.  Mainly the vocal ones more so than the motor ones.  It is driving DH crazy to the point that he yelled at me tonight.  I don't think he understands what it is like.  If I could stop I would, but I can't.  Does he think that I like being a freak?  Sometimes I feel like a total loser.

5.  I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that according to one of those ultrasound botiques that we are having a little girl.  (Will have to see if the anatomy scan in January reveals the same thing).  When they said it was a girl, I was disappointed a bit  I'm afraid of girls b/c I'm afraid that I won't be able to be a good mommy to a little girl b/c I am more of a tom boy.  If that girl wants to be a girly girl then I'm in trouble b/c I won't be able to make her happy b/c I don't know how to be a girly girl.  That is my fear with the whole having a girl thing.  I'm starting to come around though a bit.  We've started referring to my blump by her name.  

6.  We were in Burlington Coat Factory tonight and DH picked out some of the cutest outfits (and they have really good prices too!!!!!!!) It touched my heart that he was excited about picking out girl baby clothes :)  On another baby clothes related note, I found two onesie sets that had the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on them and they were for girls!!!!!!!  That made the tom boy in me very happy.  Now baby and mommy can match.  I have TMNT jammies myself lol

7.  We saw something else really cool at Burlington Coat Factory.  A baby furniture set for 299.  Comes with a 2 in 1 crib, changing table, dresser, hamper, and toddler bed rail.   We were really wanting the 3 in1 or the 4 in 1 crib, but then again with the deal we saw that I just mentioned we may be coming out better in the long run with that instead.

8   We had spaghetti squash for supper tonight.  It was better than I expected.  Found a recipe on YouTube that was pretty decent. 

9.  I'm getting to the point where I don't have a bump, but I get backaches if I am on my feet too much during the day. 

10.  I'll be glad when I get a bump.  I'm only 16 weeks as of Wednesday (tomorrow)  I'm big around my middle anyway so I can't tell much of a difference like the skinnier ladies can. 

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • @bookelf221 I'm so jealous of your floors! They look great! I want to be carpet free so bad.
    Thanks! They are laminate- we got them at Lumber Liquidators last year on black friday. :-) 
  • @ncm0328...I'm sorry but did you say peppermint bank ice cream?!?!?!  Insta-need this.
  • wamam027wamam027 member
    edited December 2015
    Aquinna82 said:

@ncm0328...I'm sorry but did you say peppermint bank ice cream?!?!?!  Insta-need this.

YESSSS!! it is SOO good. White chocolate ice cream with chunks of peppermint bark. It's limited edition for Holiday season and I stock pile every winter. My freezer is literally stuffed full. Look for the purple containers ;)

• Obviously, I will be stopping at the store on the way home from work :D  Obviously.