August 2015 Moms

Baby eczema... Help

My little guy has developed little red bumps all over his little legs and his face. Both DH and I have eczema... We've been using aveeno but it does not seem to help. Any suggestions on better products for my 3 month old?

Re: Baby eczema... Help

• I suggest you have your baby's Doctor look at it. My now 8 year old daughter has had eczema since she was a baby and not really anything over the counter worked. The doctor gave her a perscription for some type of oil a few years back and it clears up her eczema pretty quickly when it starts to flare up.
  • My DS1 has had really bad eczema since he was 6 months. Check with your doctor about treating it since all medications and creams should be okayed by them for young children. My DS1 eventually was referred to a dermatologist who prescribed him skin cream which we put on him and then put a coat of Eucerin over top of it to help seal it in as instructed by his dermatologist. It's made a huge difference. I personally really like Eurecin and they have a baby eczema cream that we use on all our kids.
  • Loading the player...
  • I used aquiphor and it worked pretty well. At my LO's 4 month appt my MD said I could put some cortozone 1% on it and it cleared up in a day. I only use the cortozone once a day though.
  • I would have the Dr look as well to confirm it isn't an allergy or something else.
  • leanne69 said:
    I used aquiphor and it worked pretty well. At my LO's 4 month appt my MD said I could put some cortozone 1% on it and it cleared up in a day. I only use the cortozone once a day though.
    This, though I haven't used the cortizone yet. I have it on my fingers and toes, and DS seems to have a touch on his ankles of all places.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I tried aveeno and it made her all red and she seemed to be in pain. I used the eczema therapy one. So now I've been using coconut oil. It does help a bit but I think I need to try something different. Her skin is so rough!