June 2015 Moms

Am I the only one who is paranoid?

So I am by no means a hypochondriac at all but I can't help but think that things are wrong with my babies. Both of them are hitting all the milestones they should be ( they are 6 months) but my daughter is on the smaller side and likes to arch her back and roll around, she's been on the move since about 4 months, sometimes she puts her arms out At her sides and archers her back and looks like she's losing her balance or feels like she's falling and takes short breaths, she only does it for 1-2 seconds but it's making me so worried. She history of mild reflux and I'm wondering if since starting solids maybe her tummy is getting irritated again.

She's a social baby and smiles and engages with people, her sitting up is a bit wobbly but I think that is just because she is small and not super strong yet. Google is the worst, I'm worried about CP which is probably crazy.

I know I sound totally neurotic.

Does anyone else feel paranoid that something is wrong with their kids?

Re: Am I the only one who is paranoid?

• Not that something is wrong with LO but I'm super paranoid that she's going to choke. We've only tried cereal at this point but I need to get a move on the whole solids thing. I think it's normal to worry a bit unless it's interfering with your day to day life. If I were you I wouldn't Dr Google anymore. Just trust that if something actually was wrong you would talk to your pediatrician about it & they would figure out what was going on. It's ok to bring up your concerns with them even if you think you sound neurotic. For peace of mind just ask. I write my questions down before my appointments. Even if I think they sound stupid I ask anyway. I'm sure they've heard worse!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think there is a normal amount of worry that comes along with being a parent. Some of it rational, some of it irrational.

I worry about a lot of things--we're slower on milestones, for one. Does that spit up mean we have reflux, bowel blockage, or nothing at all? Google doesn't help, usually makes it worse. But I think about it, then move on. If I continue to worry, I'll call the dr about it, otherwise I just keep watching and will bring it up at the next appointment of its still bugging me.

Once we're beyond the baby worries, we'll have new things to worry about...terrible twos (or threes), school worries, teenage worries...I think it comes with this parenting thing.

Try to keep the worries in check, though. Ask the dr if it's bugging you too much, otherwise, keep a watchful eye and keep on truckin'.
  • KarasTwin said:

I don't think anything is wrong with mine, but I'm terrified something is going to happen to him. It's causing serious anxiety.

This is me. Every single waking hour I'm with LO. I really really hope it goes away soon. I've dealt with anxiety for years and it's no fun. I don't want to go back on meds quite yet.
  • We're slower on milestones too but my pediatrician said that's pretty normal with twins. Especially with sitting up since typically there is only one caretaker and you are not able to hold your babies all the time to teach them to sit up.
    I feel like I worry less now that they are getting older. One of my girls had reflux and after I feed solids I try to keep her upright for around 30 minutes, my pediatrician recommended it and it seems to help.
    I'm sure everything is ok but if you really feel unsure give your doctor a call :)
  • @jjvanwagner25 hey you!!!! you're right. I feel better today and have decided that Naomi doesn't have CP. how often are you feeding solids? I think I might be giving them too much, do you give bottle ( or boob) first and then solids? How are the girls doing?
  • 423ang said:

I think there is a normal amount of worry that comes along with being a parent. Some of it rational, some of it irrational.

I worry about a lot of things--we're slower on milestones, for one. Does that spit up mean we have reflux, bowel blockage, or nothing at all? Google doesn't help, usually makes it worse. But I think about it, then move on. If I continue to worry, I'll call the dr about it, otherwise I just keep watching and will bring it up at the next appointment of its still bugging me.

Once we're beyond the baby worries, we'll have new things to worry about...terrible twos (or threes), school worries, teenage worries...I think it comes with this parenting thing.

Try to keep the worries in check, though. Ask the dr if it's bugging you too much, otherwise, keep a watchful eye and keep on truckin'.

423ang said:

I think there is a normal amount of worry that comes along with being a parent. Some of it rational, some of it irrational.

This is what I needed to hear. Thank you. I'm feeling less crazy today
  • I took my girl twin to the ER a few months ago in a panic that she had meningitis. Dr Google gave me that idea.

Turns out, she had a "general rash" on her legs. Not hemorrhaging.

So, I hear your crazy and raise you one!
  • @jjvanwagner25 hey you!!!! you're right. I feel better today and have decided that Naomi doesn't have CP. how often are you feeding solids? I think I might be giving them too much, do you give bottle ( or boob) first and then solids? How are the girls doing?

They're doing really well thanks!
    We're doing three meals a day.
    Breakfast we do oatmeal and a fruit.
    Lunch and dinner we do fruits and vegetable. They tend to eat 4 oz of formula mixed in with oatmeal and about 3 cubes of fruits for breakfast . Lunch and dinner they eat about 6-7 cubes of fruits and veggies.
    We stopped giving a bottle first thing in the morning and at night. They normally only get about 3 bottles a day depending, sometimes more.
    We give bottles in between solid feedings.
    How many times are you feeding?
  • I'm definitely one of those neurotic moms.  LO was in the nicu for 10 days at birth with a bacterial infection in his blood, and I constantly worry that he's still sick and the doctors just aren't catching it.  I know I need to relax, but it's always in the back of my mind.

I'm also worrying about his developmental milestones.  He's reaching the physical ones, I think....He'll be 7 months on 12/21 and is crawling and sitting up beautifully on his own.  But he isn't babbling yet.  He ooohs and ahhhs, but Dr. Google says they should be using consonants now, and he isn't.  I wish he'd just reach these milestones on time so momma didn't have to worry...I've got enough else to worry about! ;)

Pregnancy Ticker

• ^^^bless your heart you will worry yourself sick if you try to match LO to every milestone. I'm sure he is progressing wonderfully!
  • ^^^My LO isn't using consonants yet either. I said that to my best friend and she laughed at me and reminded me he was 6 months. They'll get there! Hang in there, mama!

• No consonants here either unless you count squealing non stop at the top of her lungs. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • The nurse at her 6 mo asked if LO knew her own name and she most certainly does not. I wasn't worried about this until this nurse made a face like that was so weirdly terrible. She was horrified! But come on, she's 6 months! I'm sure she'll catch on.