Infertility

December IUIs

Re: December IUIs

• Thanks everyone! My baseline was great and @PCOSbaby, I start letrozole tomorrow. I'm also on 5mg. I had a great talk with my sonogram her about everything. She's great and answered any questions I had. I got back in a week for my mid cycle u/s.
  • @amandaleigh2181  I'm glad to hear there were no cysts! I go back next Saturday.  I pray that we will have our IUI before we fly out for Christmas on the 19th. FX!

Is anyone scheduled to have their IUI next week?  
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Loading the player...
  • Hi everyone!! I went through my first IVF cycle this month. On Stimulation Day 8 I had three mature follicles, with two more small ones that may or may not make it in time for ER. My doctor advised to think about our next step - to cancel and switch to IUI or to proceed. We wanted to proceed. But that evening my blood test results came back and my progesterone was 5.1, which indicated that my cells had already started to change and my body was in the beginning stages of ovulating on its own. IVF would no longer be a good option. Our IVF cycle was cancelled and we were converted to IUI. My IUI was completed yesterday - husband's sperm looked very good. Yay. So now we wait..... Hoping for positive news for everyone!
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    IVF #1 November/December 2015:
    (3 mature follicles, high progesterone prior to ER- Cancelled and converted to IUI)
    IUI #1 December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #2 January/February 2016
    02-10-16: 5 day transfer of two 5AA blasts
    02-18-16: Beta #1 204 - BFP!!
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460
    03-07-16 First US!! :) TWINS!!
    05-06-16 Gender Reveal US - Boy and Girl! 
    07-30-16 Twins born at 27 weeks and 1 day, at 2 lbs, 7.1 oz. and 2 lbs, 1.9 oz. <3

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

• CD 2 for me- IT was a BFN last cycle with our second IUI. The plan this month is more tests. HSG and Saline ultrasound are scheduled for December 14 and 15. The good news is since I got my appts scheduled early enough my nurse decided I don't need to go on birth control (that was the original plan to give us more time to test). The bad news is we won't be able to do a medicated cycle this month due to all the testing so we will just try the old fashioned way this month and just hope for the best and wait till January. Wishing you all the best of luck this cycle.
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • edited December 2015
    @erica0901 I'm 2 days ahead of you but on the same exact meds. I go in next Friday for mid-cycle BW and u/s.

FX for you this cycle!
  • FX for you this month @erica0901!!  I hope your 3rd IUI does the trick!  I've got a few more days to go of my 2ww before I know for sure whether or not I'll be doing my 2nd IUI in December.  Hoping for the best, but also trying to not get my hopes up.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @teamginger13 Have you had your IUI yet?

@wenikilina When is your beta?

@ZoeFer @amandaleigh2181 @erica0901 I'm excited to have others with the same protocol and so close to my CD. I take my last Letrozole tomorrow. Am I supposed to feel something by now? I feel completely normal.

@vnegron87 Good luck tomorrow! Keep us updated.
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

• Looks like I'm joining this group. Beta tomorrow but have gotten a bunch of bfns already so I know I'm out. Wairing for AF and then third iui/fourth medicated cycle.
  • @PCOSbaby

So long story short my IUI has been canceled. I am beyond upset but I have to trust the doctors know what they are doing. Basically I am/was having a flare from my dermatomyositis (I lost all strength in my right arm/hand and was having some joint pain) so the rheumatologist wanted to hold off on the fertility treatments until we got this under control. I had a consult with the RE on Friday and she agreed. I am having some additional tests done with the rheumatologist and neurologist so the RE wants to regroup after the results of those come in... so maybe next cycle but probably the cycle after. I still took the clomid from CD 3-6 (CD7 was the day we called off the IUI) so right now DH and I are trying to decide if we still try to time intercourse and just leave it up to fate. Right now I am leaning that way. I am still going to be lurking here and hoping for successful IUI's for everybody this cycle. FX for you!!

***Question*** I received the trigger shot Ovidrel in the mail on Friday and the RE said that as long as it stayed refrigerated it was good until the expiration date. Anyone know how long that is? I couldn't find an expiration date on anything.  

Me 35, DH 37

Unexplained infertility and TTC since December 2014

February 2016 - May 2016: 3 IUI's -- all BFN

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

May 2018: FET #1 -- BFN

August 2018: FET #2 -- BFP!!! healthy baby girl born May 2019!!

July 2020: FET #3 -- embyro did not survive thaw

September 2020 - IVF #4 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 1 PGS normal

October 2020 - FET #4 -- BFN

January 2021 - IVF #5 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH)  -- 2 PGS normal

February 2021 - FET #5 - BFP!!! Due 11/6/2021

• @PCOSbaby GL and FX for your new IUI cycle ! I did not have any sideeffects from letrozole , maybe headaches but I always get headaches so it is hard to tell if the cause was the medication. I will meet my doctor on Thursday and we will decide on the next step in few days. I hope I can start my cycle very soon.
    @Drove2u I am very sorry for the BFNs , I know that it is hard to be hopeful but FX for beta tomorrow. Keep us posted !

GL to all the ladies who started their cycles , I hope you grow some beautiful happy follies and we get lots of BFP s this month !
  • IUI number 4 will be this month. AF will be here any minute now, so... here we go again. Not feeling very hopefull... I think this will likely be our last try, so I'm feeling very anxious about it. DH doesn't want to do IVF, so if this doesn't work, I may have to give up hope...
    Me: 43, DH: 41
    DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015
    8/2015 - "unexplained IF", started Levothyroxine
    9/27/15 - IUI #1 (unmedicated) - BFN
    10/26/15 - IUI #2 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
    11/21/15 - IUI #3 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
    12/18/15 - IUI #4 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN

• @teamginger13 I'm sorry your IUI was canceled. Prayerfully they can get everything tested and under control so that you can jump right in. The Ovidrel should be fine as long as it refrigerated. I asked my RE how long it was good for and he said at least 6 months. Mine arrives tomorrow so I'll see if I have an actual expiration date on it.

@Drove2u I'm sorry for the BFN. I've been following your test results in the other threads.
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

• vssbrmvssbrm member
    edited December 2015
    @teamginger13 if you can not find an expiration date on the box, maybe look for the serial number and call customer service so you can confirm the date.

Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Good luck to everyone this month!!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • @ZoeFer the HSG was no biggie. Little uncomfortable but not unbearable. I could see the screen and my RE walked me through what I was seeing. He gave me results on the spot. Good luck!
  • @teamginger13 I am sorry about your medical issues, I hope you feel better soon and get back to your IF treatments as well. It sounds like you have a great team of doctors and everything is under control. 
    I had asked the pharmacist about the shelf life of Ovidrel and she said 1 year. So I think it should be still okay when you are ready to use it, but you can always check with your doctor/nurse that time. 
    GL with your treatments !!
  • Thanks @kh87 , I actually had my HSG last Thursday and it went pretty well  and everything was clear. But I have been having light bleeding/spotting for 5 days now and it is finishing now I hope. I talked to my Dr and he said it could happen and as long as I do not have infection it is okay. So I am excited for the next step now :)
  • ErikaMG  I hope this is your month ! I obviously do not know anything about your situation but maybe your DH might change his mind about IVF when it is the only option left after IUI. And of course , I really really hope that you ll get your BFP this month and you would never need to get there ! FX and GL with your IUI !!!
  • Well today is Day 1 for me so I begin femera on Wed and go for my first ultrasound on the 18th. Here we go again! Has anyone here experienced their blood pressure dropping while on femera? My PCOS causes me to have high blood pressure, which I take meds for. While taking Femera it drops and I get very dizzy and light headed. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this!
  • @ErikaMG Good luck on this cycle. My fingers are crossed for you.

@kh87 Hope everything works out for you this cycle. I'm rooting for you :) I took Femara as well  for my first and second  and do recall having a couple of dizzy spells but that was it. Nothing major just a temporary feeling of dizziness. Good luck this month :)

****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • GL @kh87 with your cycle ! I have never tested my blood pressure, but did not feel much change. I will test next time I am on Letrozole. I remember reading that dizziness might be a side-effect, on the medication  it was suggesting to make sure you do not get dizziness from the medication before you drive or use some dangerous tools etc. I think you could tell this to your doctor.
  • @ZoeFer - Thanks so much for the good wishes! I really hope we get a BFP this month too - I don't want to have to have that conversation with DH (again). Sigh! Best of luck to you too! Glad your HSG went well!
    Me: 43, DH: 41
    DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015
    8/2015 - "unexplained IF", started Levothyroxine
    9/27/15 - IUI #1 (unmedicated) - BFN
    10/26/15 - IUI #2 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
    11/21/15 - IUI #3 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
    12/18/15 - IUI #4 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN

• Went in today and my cysts are gone :) The RE had a lot of trouble finding my right ovary, which has never happened to me before. I stop the bc now and start Follistim on Friday at 100 units a day. Planning for an IUI between 12/21 and 12/23. I guess that means no drinking for New Years lol.

GL to everyone getting IUIs this week!
  • Hi ladies, had a crazy weekend and I'm just catching up now.  So sorry for all of you that have gotten BFNs.  Sending best wishes to everyone starting their new cycles!

Went in for u/s today to see if my 11mm grew...but to no avail they found nothing.  The 11mm was not there and all the other follies were very small.  Dr. wants me to start 150MG of Clomid now, but i have to wait to hear back from the nurses first.  I suspect that I might have ovulated late last night or early this morning.  I haven't seen a temp spike yet but cervical positioning and CM suggest that I've been very fertile the last two days...could also be wacky hormone levels with PCOS that plays cruel cruel tricks on the body (which in that case I can start the 150 Clomid and hopefully IUIs not out of the picture for this month).  Still waiting to hear back on what my b/w says.  

I don't know if at this point I'd prefer that I already O'd and we just missed it (which means Clomid did in fact work) or that I have to up my dose and still have a chance for this cycle.  Either way, I'm going to push to change to Letrozole next cycle, not digging Clomid side effects.    
    ME: 28  Wife: 28
    Together since June 2005 - Married May 2015 - TTC since July 2015
    Dx: PCOS and Donor Sperm

**Trigger Warning**
    08/2015 at home IUI = BFN
    IUI #1 - 11/2015 - 50MG Clomid + 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - 12/2015 - 100MG Clomid + 150MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFP (Miscarried @ 13w3d)
    IUI #3 - 07/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #4 - 08/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = ???

• UPDATE To Previous Post:

Turns out I just didn't respond well to 100MG this cycle.  Upping my dose to 150 and returning on Tuesday for monitoring.  I know I should be happy that I'm not out yet for this cycle, but its so hard with the ups and downs trying to figure out the right meds.  I know you ladies understand this completely.  Thanks for listening!

**Trigger Warning**
    IUI #2 - 12/2015 - 100MG Clomid + 150MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFP (Miscarried @ 13w3d)

• @ZoeFer thanks!

Just got a call from RE. When I got my beta last week they also were rechecking my prolactin due to a 24 hour period of nipple discharge that I had. My prolactin had previously been normal and apparently now is high. I'm going on Bromocriptine immediately and they're rechecking Tuesday. Also have to get an MRI of my pituitary gland.

Femera starts tomorrow and first ultrasound is on the 18th to check my follicles. Feeling like I have a lot going on at one time here!
  • Well I'm officially part of this group since my bfn this morning. Waiting for AF to come to do an iui again.
  • @Drove2u welcome! We can be buddies again! :)
  • @vnegron87 I'm sorry your follie disappeared.  The good news is that you aren't out this cycle.  Hopefully the increased dosage will do the trick.  Did your RE mention FSH injections?

@kh87 Is high prolactin related to PCOS?  My PCOS has me with borderline high blood pressure and increased androgens.

@pamelated I'm glad the cysts are gone.  I'm already getting requests to hang out NYE.  There is no way I will be able to keep people from asking question so I'm staying home. 
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

• @vnegron87 I am sorry for the non-responsive follicles, did you talk about changing the medication ? I hope the increased dose will do the trick as last time. 
    @Drove2u I am sorry for the BFN , GL for your new IUI cycle !

FX for everyone !

• @PCOSbaby @ZoeFer thanks ladies. My RE wasn't in today so i didn't address the meds issue. One of the other Drs at RMA saw me. I hope the stronger dose does do the trick, but if not I definately want to push to change it up next cycle but DW thinks i should just let the Drs do what they think is best and not push one way or the other. IDK how i should approach it anymore.

**Trigger Warning**

• @vnegron87 my dh also thinks that i should let dr s do their job. Of course i will not do anything that they do not recommend but i think i have to ask/remind and suggest things . If they think that it is not necessary they will not let you do that anyways. I think you should discuss if you are worried. But i hope this high dose clomid +iui will do the trick and you get your bfp this cycle so you wouldnt need to worry about any other medication. FX for you !!!
  • @PCOSbaby we aren't sure! My PCOS has given me high blood pressure that I take meds for everyday and Mildly high cholesterol. My first prolactin test came back normal and then after starting the progesterone I started leaking from the nipples, and now my prolactin is high. We are retesting my prolactin again in a week after taking meds. Tomorrow starts my femera which is scary for me. My RE says it does not affect my blood pressure HOWEVER I think it interacts with my blood pressure meds that I take for my PCOS. It kept dropping very low and almost causing me to faint last cycle. My hormones aren't ever in a good range when I get them checked. Either my estrogen is practically nonexistent or my progesterone is low and now prolactin is high. Can't win I swear lol
  • @PCOSbaby whenever I end up at a bar during the tww, I just get a seltzer and everyone assumes it has gin or vodka in it :)
  • wenikilinawenikilina member
    edited December 2015
    @PCOSbaby My RE told me to test two weeks from the date of my IUI, so I will test on the 19th if I can manage to wait that long (haha!). She wants me to contact her with whatever result I get. She has already placed me on her February IVF list for round two, so I am hoping we get to cancel that! Good luck with your IUI!! :)
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    IVF #1 November/December 2015:
    (3 mature follicles, high progesterone prior to ER- Cancelled and converted to IUI)
    IUI #1 December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #2 January/February 2016
    02-10-16: 5 day transfer of two 5AA blasts
    02-18-16: Beta #1 204 - BFP!!
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460
    03-07-16 First US!! :) TWINS!!
    05-06-16 Gender Reveal US - Boy and Girl! 
    07-30-16 Twins born at 27 weeks and 1 day, at 2 lbs, 7.1 oz. and 2 lbs, 1.9 oz. <3

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

• Tonight was Day #1 of the Bromocriptine 2.5mg tablets that I'm taking X1 a day for my prolactin levels. Said to take immediately before bed. Woke up an hour ago to the room spinning. Extremely dizzy. Barfed my guts out and feeling a little better, but still extremely dizzy. Hating this one already!
  • @kh87 I'm on that dose of bromocriptine as well for about the past year. I had side effects for the first few days but they disappeared after a week at most. Definitely had the dizziness, throwing up in the morning and it also made me extremely congested at night. All of that went away though so FX crossed your side effects don't last too long!
  • @mtpbadger I called my RE and she says stop taking it. Once I feel better I'm supposed to start again with 1/2 a pill. This morning I've got the headache of my life and I'm congested. That's interesting, I didn't know congestion was a side effect!
  • It is a weird side effect! I ended up wearing the Breath-Right strips for a few nights b/c I would wake up and not be able to breath out of my nose and feel like I had to take really deep breaths to get any air in my lungs. Thankfully that only lasted I think 2 nights. Hopefully the 1/2 pill will work for you!