Nurseries and Baby Gear

Bouncer suggestions?

I am looking at the following bouncers. Ideally would like something that baby can both sleep in next to our bed as well as chill in during the day. Just wondering if anyone has experience with these and what your recommendations are?

Fisher-Price Comfort Curve Bouncer
Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'N Play Sleeper
Comfort & Harmony Cradling Bouncer - Cozy Kingdom
Fisher-Price Luminosity Bouncer

FTM so apologize if this is a dumb question but are any of these recommended for long stretches of sleeping? Is baby ok sleeping in this position?

cat fail animated GIF

Re: Bouncer suggestions?

• We like the rock n play. But if your baby ends up with torticollis our pt said its not good at that angle.
  • No bouncy chair of any sort is recommended for long stretches of sleeping.

As far as a bouncer goes, I would go with something that is more sturdy as you'll get more use out of it. We had this one and we used it up until she was about 12 months old.

• Loading the player...
  • We got the Fisher Price Snugapuppy bouncer and also have the Bright Starts Sleeper (it's like a Rock N Play).

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We LOVED our rock n play. He slept in it next to our bed until we moved him into his crib around 3 weeks. Even after we moved him into his own room, we still used the it so much for naps and for putting him back to sleep after middle of the night feedings when he was fighting sleep. The vibrating feature always seemed to lull him back to sleep if he was having a hard time. I know a lot of people say that the rock n play shouldn't be used for long periods of sleep, but our pediatrician said it was fine and it worked great for us.
  • Please don't use a bouncer for sleeping! Babies who use bouncers, or similar devices like car seats or swings, for sleep are at an increased risk of dying due to strangulation or suffocation. The American Academy of Pediatrics has information about sleep safety here: https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2011/10/12/peds.2011-2284.full.pdf+html. Related to bouncers, they say:
    "Sitting devices, such as car
    safety seats, strollers,
    swings, infant carriers, and
    infant slings, are not recommended
    for routine sleep in
    the hospital or at home.
    Infants who are younger than
    4 months are particularly at
    risk, because they might assume
    positions that can create
    risk of suffocation or airway
    obstruction"
  • The Rock n Play isn't really a "bouncer."

A newborn to toddler rocker like the first poster suggested is a great option.
  • Please don't use a bouncer for sleeping! Babies who use bouncers, or similar devices like car seats or swings, for sleep are at an increased risk of dying due to strangulation or suffocation. The American Academy of Pediatrics has information about sleep safety here: https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2011/10/12/peds.2011-2284.full.pdf+html. Related to bouncers, they say:
    "Sitting devices, such as car
    safety seats, strollers,
    swings, infant carriers, and
    infant slings, are not recommended
    for routine sleep in
    the hospital or at home.
    Infants who are younger than
    4 months are particularly at
    risk, because they might assume
    positions that can create
    risk of suffocation or airway
    obstruction"

None of these items were recommended to OP.
  • thanks all. I ended up with a rock and play, and will get a pack and play or something similiar for baby to sleep in our room. Appreciate the feedback!

cat fail animated GIF

• I'd advise against a pack n play. The mattress is not sufficient for a full night sleep. The head is SO soft it can change shape. The mattress is better on the arms reach co sleeper. Or just get a crib.
  • Baby'smom said:
    I'd advise against a pack n play. The mattress is not sufficient for a full night sleep. The head is SO soft it can change shape. The mattress is better on the arms reach co sleeper. Or just get a crib.
    It's fine for a couple of months.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I've got crib for sleeping, pack and play for day time, and I love my rocker for calming