Babies on the Brain

December TTC and NTNP

We had some attempts to have a weekly check-in and wto/tww but for me it often felt like we just answering the questions and waiting for the next thread. So I thought maybe we need at BOTB another approach.
So I want to try a monthly (since we don't have that many members at BOTB) update thread so we can get to know each other a bit more. Just share and vent during your TTC/NTNP and support and encourage fellow BOTB. Of course the BOTB who aren't TTC or NTNP yet are also welcome here for their support and love.

I want to start this thread with *possible trigger warnings in the near future*. I'm hoping for a lot of BFPs but keep in mind that we aren't allowed to ask if we are pregnant according to the bump rules. Please don't tell members posting here that they need to do charting, temping, OPK since most of us are relatively new at TTC or are just NTNP and are still trying to find out what works best for them. And last but not least, have fun in our journey.
Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Re: December TTC and NTNP

• Well, I stopped BC (nuvaring) at november 24th and got my period at november 27th. I was afraid to become this mental wreck some posted about when they stopped BC but I'm just hyperactive since my period stopped. Singing and dancing, overall happy, driving my cats and SO insane lol. So if that's the worst mental state I can get in, I don't mind. The only approach I have atm is checking mucus. 
    My SO is also talking about our future kid from time to time and that's more than a couple of months earlier. Seems that he is also really looking forward, while he is still a bit afraid that he won't be a good dad.
  • We're still TTA here. I talked with H about switching to NTNP, but he's really, really concerned about the possibility of me feeling sick on our trip in March and is pretty set on waiting for that reason. I think for him it feels like it's so close, why wouldn't we just wait? For me, though, it feels very far away and I think I'm more realistic about the fact that this could take a year to happen.

Glad coming off BC went smoothly for you, @Lysta85 ! It did for me, too.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Lysta85 - I'm glad coming off BC went well for you. I didn't have issues, either. :)
  • maddaddammaddaddam member
    edited December 2015
    @Xstatic3333 We are having the same kind of discussions in my house. I feel like spring is an ETERNITY away and hubs feels like it's no big deal to give it a few months. He also regularly forgets that date of conception does not equal date of birth, and that we will have to wait almost a year after TTC for the kid to be born even if things go perfectly, so there's that.

Edit to mention that we are also TTA right now, probably until spring 2016, at least through March/April.
  • KnljKnlj member
    edited December 2015
    @Lysta85 glad it went well for you! I was a little cranky for a few days after my IUD was removed but other than that I felt fine!

@Xstatic3333 I have a similar dilemma with a trip to Vegas planned in January. If we happen to get lucky with a Christmas baby I'm hoping Jan. would be too soon to have nausea or other symptoms, but I still won't be able to drink!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My story: We've been TTC since October. Surprisingly I had an ovulatory first cycle after IUD removal. I'm thrilled that my cycles seem to be nice and regular so far.. I was anticipating having to wait months for my first AF. So far DH and I are enjoying TTC. ☺️ I'm thinking we didn't BD enough during fertile window last cycle so I'm anxious to try a bit harder this cycle. Looking forward to getting to know some of you ladies!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'll bite: went off the BCP pill in September, had my withdrawal bleeding, and then my first "real" period afterwards was 28 days, followed by 29 days in November.  I did finally get a positive OPK this cycle, but my luteal length seems to be pretty short as I think I'm about to start my period any minute now (which would make it a 24 day cycle, 9 days luteal). I've been spotting for the past three days and today it was a almost like a really light period day (though it was brown, old blood). Not sure what is going on, but my doctor did warn me it could take a while for my cycle to return to normal after BCP. I also had three days of spotting earlier in my cycle. It's quite annoying for someone who hates wearing pantyliners 24/7 :)

We've been preventing up to the this point (if you can call the pull out method preventing...), but are finally ready to start NTNP. I think charting too early is taking the fun out of this, though I do like having the info and knowing when to expect my period...even though is seems a bit wonky at this point. I want to try to go with the flow (no pun intended) this next cycle and not get too wrapped up into the specifics...

Looking forward to getting to know the rest of you!
  • Hi all! We're TTC, in our 6th month. I float between here and the TTGP board. When I first came off BC, it took a couple of months for my cycle to become "regular" again, but it seems like it has evened out over the past few months, which is relief! I'm not temping at this time, although if this isn't our month, I may start next month, we'll see. I would have loved to become pregnant back in say, August, but obviously we're way past that now, and at this point, timing doesn't really matter to me anymore. I've finally wrapped my head around the fact that this may take a year or more.

As a side note:  I must say, I never thought I'd be able to track so much about myself with CM, it is really kind of amazing, in a weird way! 
  • Intro: TTC since first week of Sept. when my nexplanon was taken out

Went to bed last night with a killer headache and nausea, woke up feeling the same way. Went to the bathroom this morning (16DPO according to FF) feeling like I was going to find out which way this was going….and Aunt Flo has arrived! Disappointed that I don't have a fun Christmas announcement to make…but really glad that this 90 day cycle has come to an end, and that I actually did ovulate despite the crazy long cycle. This is my first non-BC period in 8 years, and my body is like "whhaaaat.". Time for wine and hoping the next cycle is shorter! 
    Me: 23 | DH: 25
    Married: June 2014 
    TTC #1

• Intro: DH and I have been married since June and decided to TTC starting in August. I had been on BC since I was 18, in order to combat irregular periods. I went off the pill in April and have just now started to have regular cycles, exactly 36 days. I'm upset that I won't be able to announce to DH that I'm expecting for his Christmas present, but that just means that I'll have a really fun Winter Break. :) 
  • Hey all, I like this new format a lot. Here's my update: I stopped BCP in October, still no "real" period yet but I know it can take a while to get the ol' cycle back to normal so no panic yet ;-) Probably for the best because we have several family weddings next summer and are moving in 6 months (side note: anyone in CT want to be my new friend?). Hope everyone is having fun with the holidays!!
  • SLou24 said:
    As a side note:  I must say, I never thought I'd be able to track so much about myself with CM, it is really kind of amazing, in a weird way! 
    That's why I wanna try to get the hang of it before I really want to know everything in my cycle when I've been TTC for some cycles. I wake up a lot during the night so temping is probably not gonna work for me.

@Xstatic3333 my SO and I also felt differently. First he thought December would be to soon too, but since we want to be realistic and keep in the back of our heads that it might take up to 6 months or even a year he gave in. But he didn't wanted it to be any earlier. The last month I was really counting down the days.

@kgm92 Hope your cycles will be shorter. 90 Days, that's a long time. Do you know if that's common when getting of nexplanon? Or is it just bad luck?
  • My husband and I started NTNP for our 2nd baby In August after my IUD removal. We have not gotten our BFP yet (4 cycles later) so we decide to try the First Reaponse Ovulation test. I am 2 DPO so am in our TWW. Hoping for a BFP right before Christmas!
  • @Lysta85 Thanks! Not sure if it has to do with nexplanon, length of time on BC (8 years for me), or just my body…I have my annual appointment early January and we had discussed doing bloodwork if I still hadn't gotten a period. Not sure if he'll still want to do some or just wait and see…

Also my computer tried to autocorrect bloodwork to bloodworm….ew.
    Me: 23 | DH: 25
    Married: June 2014 
    TTC #1

• First Post!

I got off BC in July (removed Skyla IUD) and was regular pretty quickly. We've been TTC since. So far a bunch of PMS/preggo symptoms but no 'positive news'. It took me a couple of months to figure out my ovulation cycle but I got the hang of it. I really just look for the CM and use a test kit to be sure. I did experience some irregular bleeding which has never happened. I'm 32 and always regular. I though it was implantation bleeding but it became heavier and I got a negative test so I'm rulling out being preggers. So I guess I'm going to consider this a random event...Keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck ladies. Pray for us. We're new at this and flying blind.  
  • @kgm92, AF is not usually good news but I'm glad that your long cycle came to an end! Not that it really means anything for you, but when I came off BC, my first cycle was about 6 weeks, then 34 days, and since then it has stabilized at 28-29 days. Hoping that yours shortens up as well! 
  • We've been off the pill since September 2014 and actively trying since May 2015 (with the exception of last month since we did an all inclusive cruise for Thanksgiving and H wanted me to fully enjoy the drink package!)

My cycle has been like clockwork at 26 days and we're on cycle 8. I need to make an appointment with an OBGYN because it's been at least two years since my last visit. (Bad, I know!) We would consider Clomid, but that's as far as we would go with fertility procedures. We've discussed it and would be fine waiting a few years (so that we can travel more and save enough to retire early) and then adopting if we are unable to concieve ourselves (I would actually prefer an older child over a baby).
  • Lysta85 said:
    SLou24 said:
    That's why I wanna try to get the hang of it before I really want to know everything in my cycle when I've been TTC for some cycles. I wake up a lot during the night so temping is probably not gonna work for me.

@Xstatic3333 my SO and I also felt differently. First he thought December would be to soon too, but since we want to be realistic and keep in the back of our heads that it might take up to 6 months or even a year he gave in. But he didn't wanted it to be any earlier. The last month I was really counting down the days.

@kgm92 Hope your cycles will be shorter. 90 Days, that's a long time. Do you know if that's common when getting of nexplanon? Or is it just bad luck?
    *probably silly vent warning*

I just feel so dumb about the whole thing.  Initially I wanted to push everything up from December to January just to make sure I could be in that wedding I've mentioned around here, and then he got the March idea in his head and is so stuck on it.  Based on my charting (which I am loving as our TTA method), however, March really means April.  For the first time, I'm really starting to feel down about the whole thing.  Every morning I see the prenatal vitamins I was taking in my medicine cabinet and just feel like an idiot.  He was the more gung ho one for the whole last couple of years that we've been talking about this and planning on starting in December 2016, and it's bumming me out to be out of the driver's seat.  I'm trying to focus on the fact that it will give us time to pay off a big dental bill we accumulated and save a bit more, which resonates with me much more strongly than being worried about whether or not I can drink in the Netherlands.  I'll have fun either way.  

In any case, thanks for empathizing and that's great that you guys are through with waiting and getting started!  I'm rooting for you.
  • Hey all!  I haven't updated in a few weeks because nothing was happening on my end until recently!  I went of BCPs in the middle of September.  Then went 70 days without any sort of bleeding (not even a withdrawal bleed) so I got blood work and ultrasounds done and then my doctor prescribed my Provera.  After the 10 days of that, I just got a period this past weekend and finally started a new cycle! I'm temping just to see if my body is ovulating (I have PCOS) and I will start using my Wonfo OPKs next week.  My mom and older sister both have longer cycles so I'm preparing myself for that but hoping otherwise :)

Currently I would say that we are NTNP while I just try to figure out my body... it's frustrating yet exciting so far haha  

• Been off BC since May, still waiting on my AF's to chill out and figure out a cycle. We'll be actively TTC in June. Haven't really been doing anything as far as charting or temping, but I have been using the Glow app to try and help track my period. 
    Married: 10-2-2010
    Punk's birthday: 3-28-17
  • Nexplanon taken out December 2014 and stopped BC (The pill) June 1st and and I had the naive thoughts of getting preggo right away. My cycles have been super irregular since being off BC as well. I just had a 49 CD and at that point AF was greatly greeted with joy. I have been using OVIA, GLOW and just started Fertility Friend since I will be charting with temps.

At this point we are NTNP and I am only charting to get a feel for how my cycles are since they are so irregular.

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Been off BC since August, but ran a Marathon in November which always messes with my cycle and makes it very long. This is our first cycle of TTC, and I'm not sure if we hit our fertile window, as DH was out of town. AF should be due today if it's a normal cycle, but I've got a hunch this may be a longer cycle- which means we may have caught O when he came back from the trip.

• @dieforelle - it's just nice to be in an area with slightly less stress. :) I feel like the WTO and TWW boards are so tense sometimes. 
  • @berkebaby For sure like, I like being able to ask questions and idk, I just feel like all of this should be more about support and being excited for each other. If I hear "another woman's fertility has no bearing on your own" one more time I might barf. I want to hear about BFPs and get excited for everyone!!! I like to know other people's TTC stories, it makes me happy. :) I just wanna talk HIO and chill with y'all. :P 
  • AF showed up- during a really bad day at work, the icing on the cake.
  • @Missa0830 I'm sorry lady, she's such an unwelcome guest nowadays! Do something kind for yourself.
  • As of today we are NTNP and I'm so nervous but so excited all in one, My DH is actually the one who suggested we just go with the flow after my Dr. appt today. So here's to a new journey. I'm also hoping my body will react ok to me getting off BC because I've always been moody and had awful periods and cramps without BC
  • We are TTC but being very relaxed about it right now, I am not temping or charting but am writing down my day to day changes if I notice any. We have been doing this since September and figured after the holidays when all that stress is gone I will start temping, charting, etc. It has been nice taking it easy as it was a big switch coming off BCP since I have been on them for the past 10 years and that was a major bodily adjustment! I am looking forward to reading about charting and temping and pinpointing my best days! For now though we will keep doing what we are doing!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi ladies! First post after a few weeks of lurking...

A little about me - DH and I got married in August 2014. I'm in grad school, set to graduate May 2017. So until August/Sept we are TTA. I had my Mirena removed in October and I am still hoping my cycles will even out a little bit. I haven't been off BC since high school, so I have NO IDEA what my cycle is like. No temping for now, obviously, but I am tracking just for information and as part of our TTA plan. DH is on board but I don't think he really understands how much I'm counting the days until we start TTC. Things that aren't helping me keep my mind off babes: My high school best friend just delivered her first last week. Then, my college best friend just told me Saturday that she's KU! I'm so unbelievably excited for them but it just really makes me want to join in on the fun! The BFP news really got even my hubs excited, as he is best friends with her husband. Here's to waiting until August and having a "fun" summer with vacations and drinking, etc.!

I'll be hanging out around here for a while, so its nice to "meet" all of you!
  • My DH had to have his wisdom-tooth removed because of inflammation (apparently he was already taking aspirins like candy), so that messed up trying this cycle. So I'm not expecting anything this cycle. My CM was pretty much sticky since it started showing up and saterday it was dry again so I'm expecting AF in a couple of days. But today it has been watery the whole time, so that's probably a bit odd.
  • Welcome @SarahRN87 !

Bummer, @Lysta85. Better luck next cycle. Hopefully you can indulge in some holiday beverages :)
  • My husband and I have been NTNP for 3.5 yrs but actively TTC for 6 months. I am temping/charting. I will be 10 DPO on Christmas....hoping this will be the month for our BFP!
  • Since making an intro post seems a bit over the top, and this thread is relevant, I'll just jump in here!

Hello, hey. I'm a regular on the TTGP board, but after four months of trying, hubby and I are now TTA for the next 8-ish months due to my college schedule and how a pregnancy would work out in the middle of the school year. I'll mostly be on TTGP, but I'll be hardcore lurking over here and participating as I can since part of me feels weird about still being in TTGP.

Background; I'm 23, hubby is 27. We have a DS from a previous relationship of his, whom is 7. I had my Nexplanon removed at the end of August, we TTC for three cycles, went to NTNP for one cycle, and now I'm back on the BCP for the time being. We'll be TTC again in August, and re-discussing whether we'll take another number of months off, or just keep trying since it can take a year to conceive anyway. But, water under the bridge right now.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• AF just showed, so i'm entering cycle 2 ^^. Hope all you others have more luck.

@izza2 welcome here. Must be strange to go back to TTA after TTC for a couple of months, but I can understand your reason.
  • Hi, @izza2!  I participate a tiny bit on TTGP, too.  I really like both boards.  I intro'ed there when I thought we would be starting TTC in January, but now we're looking at March or April so I also feel a little weird participating too much.  I like charting, though, and am using as part of our TTA strategy, so I've learned a ton there.  
  • @Lysta85 -- Thanks! It's a bit weird, and it took a bit to re-adjust, but.. it's for the best, I suppose!

@Xstatic3333 -- I still chart CM and any symptoms/differences, drinks, intimacy, etc. -- partly because I don't trust the pill, and partly just so that I don't get out of the groove. I don't check my BBT anymore since I don't need to track ovulation, but I'll be re-starting that once we get back to TTC.
    I was thinking of just charting/tracking and using my estimated FW as a way to TTA versus going on the pill, but hubby wasn't comfortable with that, and I figure he'll remind me to take the pill anyway (like he did last night!).

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• izza2 said:

@Lysta85 -- Thanks! It's a bit weird, and it took a bit to re-adjust, but.. it's for the best, I suppose!

@Xstatic3333 -- I still chart CM and any symptoms/differences, drinks, intimacy, etc. -- partly because I don't trust the pill, and partly just so that I don't get out of the groove. I don't check my BBT anymore since I don't need to track ovulation, but I'll be re-starting that once we get back to TTC.
    I was thinking of just charting/tracking and using my estimated FW as a way to TTA versus going on the pill, but hubby wasn't comfortable with that, and I figure he'll remind me to take the pill anyway (like he did last night!).

Haha yup, this method definitely requires H's cooperation! He's been great about it, but the BCP side effects were a bit negative for him, too. Gotta do what works for you!
  • Hi everyone. I'm new to all of this so just bear with me as I learn the lingo!

My story: DH and I have been married for 3 years and we have finally decided that things are in a place where we can get off BC and do the whole NTNP thing. He just turned 30 (Christmas baby) and I'm 26, but he doesn't want to wait any longer especially since it could take up to a year after my cycles get back to normal. We also have 9 nieces/nephews and just found out #10 is on the way so you can only imagine what the family is putting us through since we are the only married ones without kids. We are looking forward to the journey and the fun and don't want to take things super serious right now, I'm not temping or anything, just will keep track of my cycles once I get off BC.

I have to be on a specific BC because of my migraines so I'm interested to see what will happen when I get off in a week, just in time for the new year to start! New year, new things hehe. I've always had normal cycles either while on or off BC so hopefully things will continue to be even. My only worry is that the particular BC I'm on prevents me from having a period and who know when things will start again?  Anyone here have experience with migraines and BC? I'm on something called norethindrone, it's a pill.

Otherwise, I'm excited to have joined this group and can't wait to get to know everyone here!

P.S. I've been lurking here and the TTC posts and decided to start here since we are more of just going with it rather than proactively trying. 
  • Welcome. As far as I know I don't have migraines but when I was on BC (nuvaring) I did get enormous headaches during my period, which is apparently a symptom for me. But with my last period without BC I hardly had a headache. But I just had one cycle, so there is no real proof that'll be the new standard for me. But there's hope ;)