June 2015 Moms

DH / SO rants and raves - December

For better? Or for worse?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DH / SO rants and raves - December

• Fallout... That is all ... Like I get a week of obsession but now I am just aggravated....Grrrrr..
  • Loading the player...
  • Rave: DH is a weight lifter and goes to the gym for anywhere between 1-2 hours each day, sometimes twice a day. I on the other hand, am not fond of the gym so this is something that takes time away from us being together. Lately he's been trying to go either very early morning before work, while DD and I are still asleep or at night after he's done DD's bedtime routine and gotten her down. I know it's easier for him to go directly after work in the afternoons so I appreciate so much him trying to make sure he spends as little time as possible away from us. I especially appreciate him coming home to take care of DD and giving me a break. He's also started making his days off from work his "off" days at the gym as well so that he's ours for the entire day. 

So thoughtful, my man.
  • Rant: ok so my 30th bday was last week. Yay! Haha. Dh, lo and I went to visit family in vegas over the holiday. Lo was born 1 day before dhs bday in june. I had planned a fun outing with friends for dhs bday and got him an Uber nice 100 dollar gaming keyboard and some beer. Clearly we didn't get to do his bday thing since I was induced with lo. For my bday dh made me a wobbly wooden like garden thing for herbs to put near the kitchen window. One I already have a little herb garden thing about 10 feet away that works fine and I don't really grow any herbs to begin with. Also our kitchen window has a screen so I would still have to go outside to water and pick the herbs. He also got a wooden frame from work about 1 year ago to put baby pictures on which we had been planning so he got the foam board on it, printed some pictures with missing ink so about 5 of the 10 look awful and pinned them. I'm not trying to be superficial and say something has to be store bought because it certainly doesn't. But he could have cleaned out the raised garden beds for me or something else. He even talked about the herb thing and I said that what I had was fine 6 months ago. He really likes to always have a project and build stuff and since he finished his wood shed I think he was just bored. He didn't plan anything for my birthday or anything else. I'm pretty pissed off about the whole thing mostly because every year he doesn't even try and I always try to make his birthday special, this year he says 'we need to be more economical and we didn't do anything for my birthday, which I understand why' I responded with 'you still got a super nice gaming keyboard and we planned something sorry we couldn't go out' (I had a 70 hour labor) he also still buys nice beer and cigars for himself. I'm just mad, I feel like once again he sucked at my birthday, also didn't get me anything from lo. He knows I really like getting a card and just says 'oh that's stupid'. I keep every birthday card, I have a giant stack of them. Not sure what to do right now I'm just mad and ignoring him and trying to not lose my sh*t.
  • Neither rant or rave, just a blah. DH and I have both been super swamped at work this past week, and it's going to get worse next week because of deadlines, etc.

LO has been sick lately, and we had a serious problem trying to figure out who was going to stay home with her if she got sent home from daycare.

Just hoping to make it through these next 2 weeks, and then things will slow down again.

I wish we had opposite schedules so we could support each other. Right now the 2 of us are just coexisting until we can get on top of things.
  • @messymolly08 my hubby is a weightlifter too and quit his club to train at home which saves a lot of time but he still does it right after work when I'd love a break. I'd love for him to get up early...
  • hudson202 said:
    Neither rant or rave, just a blah. DH and I have both been super swamped at work this past week, and it's going to get worse next week because of deadlines, etc. LO has been sick lately, and we had a serious problem trying to figure out who was going to stay home with her if she got sent home from daycare. Just hoping to make it through these next 2 weeks, and then things will slow down again. I wish we had opposite schedules so we could support each other. Right now the 2 of us are just coexisting until we can get on top of things.
    This is us too this week. I really wanted to complain about my stress to DH when he got home, but he had as bad a day as I did, if not worse. We have two more weeks before things settle down for us. Hope you guys can hang in there until things calm down!
  • I also understand the time sensitive stuff. Like dishes and laundry need to be done now. Not the damn yard and the leaves.. Drives me insane. And dh never gets why I'm like 'yea the yard' because it's winter it can wait and he didn't do anything inside.
  • personal rant in regards to MH: i dont know what to do about my marriage. everything is up in the air. and im so torn about it all. :neutral:
  • @jessheppell is DH trying to make things better? I know you've talked about some of the issues you've experienced with him.
  • @JessHeppell You should dump him permanently because he's a total loser.
  • @JessHeppell if there is even a slight chance he could be a good husband and father I think it's worth giving it a shot (with therapy perhaps?)... Sorry I do not remember any specific details of your relationship issues but I wish you peace and happiness!
  • @Mommaswizz @ElRuby @mellymar

he keeps asking if im going to work on things with him. asking if we are still together and that kind of thing because he feels i just up and left, he says he gave me the choice to stay or leave but i dont feel that was the case.

i honestly feel i do need some sort of therapy/counselling personal to help me in the direction of healing from the past, it has planted a lot of bitterness towards him in my heart. but even with that i dont know if ill be able to love and trust him again.
  • Playing at 2 am!! I agree wtf! Hah.
  • DH does that or he will lay LO with me while he makes the bottle or ask me to change him. My fav is when he lays him with me screaming so he can go poo for 30 mins....why even get up? I sneak out and make sure not to wake him and if LO is especially fussy I stay in the living room.
  • Mine still likes to play the whole "my job is more important so I need more sleep" card. I'm pretty sure my full time job that makes almost as much as his is just as important.
    I haven't gotten more than 4 hours of sleep at one time in over 5 months.