C-sections

Scar Painful during 2nd Pregnancy?

Hello ladies! So I am 36 weeks pregnant with my second child. I have been starting to have this pain where my incision scar is and more on the right side of it. I told my doctor at my last appointment and she was like it's just stretching. But then I Googled it and I wished I hadnt. Anyway, can anyone tell me have you had this?? Did anything help? Any feedback on this at all would be great! :)

Re: Scar Painful during 2nd Pregnancy?

• I've had multiple abdominal surgeries. I could various parts stretching throughout my pregnancy and they were definitely scar tissue (adhesions) being stretched. It feels weird, but it's not the ripping sharp sharp pain you would get for tearing, etc.
  • I agree with pp, I have had a previous abdominal surgery. I am 8 weeks pp with my first (c-section delivery) so I cannot speak to a uterine scar. But I do know my abdominal scar tissue hurt badly towards the end of pregnancy. I would have to hold my stomach at the end of the day because it felt like my insides were going to fall out. It was so painful many nights I just stopped cooking dinner because I didn't want to stand. It was t sharp but it was a very strong dull pain, and if anything touched it it was painful.
    I'd reccomend a support girdle, I know I will buy one before I get too late into my second pregnancy. Knowing how my abdominal scar tissue hurt during the last trimester, I can't imagine how the c-section uterine scar tissue hurts during pregnancy stretching
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 36 weeks with my second and I can totally relate. My OB said the same as yours. My scar gets itchy at times and so soo annoying.
    Glad I'm not the only one feeling the stretching.
    P.s I've also learned not to ever goggle anything while pregnant
  • I'm not as far along as you are, but I've felt a pulling sensation occasionally, as well as discomfort when the baby is positioned across the scar (it felt like a pulled muscle!). My OB has assured me that those feelings are pretty standard with a pregnancy after a csection.
  • ashtasht member
    I haven't had any issue yet but I'm only at 21 weeks. Baby is also currently hunkered down right under my scar