Options

Experiences with echogenic bowel? *update on page 2*

2»

Re: Experiences with echogenic bowel? *update on page 2*

• Options

thaisac1  how was your appointment?

Genetics was encouraging. See above. :)
  • Options
    I called back later in the day and was able to snag a cancellation spot at a different clinic. Now I'll be going on 12/16. Still a 2 week wait, but at least it's before the holidays and not, literally, next year! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Andie41 said:

I called back later in the day and was able to snag a cancellation spot at a different clinic. Now I'll be going on 12/16. Still a 2 week wait, but at least it's before the holidays and not, literally, next year! 

I'm glad to hear! Are you seeing genetics too?
  • Options
    Yes, we are. Like you, we see them first and then have the ultrasound. This seems odd to me, especially considering the cysts might well be gone by then? Oh well, I'm sure they know better than me! I am assuming they will push us to do some kind of blood testing (I opted out of first tri screenings). I'm not really sure what else they will tell us, as I am not over the age of 35, have no family history, and everything else on baby measures perfectly normal. We shall see! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like a very positive appointment @thaisac1 !! Will keep thinking good thoughts for you!

• Options
    thaisac1thaisac1 member
    edited December 2015
    Andie41 said:

Yes, we are. Like you, we see them first and then have the ultrasound. This seems odd to me, especially considering the cysts might well be gone by then? Oh well, I'm sure they know better than me! I am assuming they will push us to do some kind of blood testing (I opted out of first tri screenings). I'm not really sure what else they will tell us, as I am not over the age of 35, have no family history, and everything else on baby measures perfectly normal. We shall see! :)

My geneticist said the order of appointments didn't matter, because if they see a soft marker once, they still evaluate even if the soft market goes away in subsequent scans.... So it's ok to see genetics before the level 2 U.S. In fact it's probably a good thing because some if the genetic tests take a couple of weeks to get back, so you'd rather get them going ASAP. Good luck to us both!
  • Options
    Thank you for the insight! That makes sense. We'll have to hang in here and keep each other posted! :)
  • Options
    I haven't checked in for several days, but I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry you've had such a scare, & I'm glad that you've subsequently had some reassuring and encouraging information to help put your mind at ease, at least a bit. Big hugs to you and your LO.
  • Options
    thaisac1 said:

In the same boat. Just got the call yesterday. Good luck and I hope the results are positive!

Sorry to hear this! How are you holding up? What is the workup your doctor proposed?

Dr. has me seen a genetic counselor and doing the second ultrasound to see if they can find out more.
  • Options

thaisac1 said:

In the same boat. Just got the call yesterday. Good luck and I hope the results are positive!

Sorry to hear this! How are you holding up? What is the workup your doctor proposed?

Dr. has me seen a genetic counselor and doing the second ultrasound to see if they can find out more.

Same here. I had my genetics appointment last week, and ultrasound this afternoon. Fingers crossed for us both!
  • Options
    Thinking positive thoughts for you @thaisac1! Good luck today!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Oh, thank goodness for the results! Let's hope the Panorama comes back with just as good results. FX for the results to come back soon and favorable.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    @thaisac1 that's amazing news!

• Options
    Oh yay, amazing news this is! So happy for you! image

• Options
    Great news!!! So glad to hear it!
  • Options
    Whoo hoo!!! Amazing news! Hope you are finally getting a chance to breathe a sigh of relief!

• Options
    That's great news!! So glad to hear that all went well :)
  • Options
    thaisac1thaisac1 member
    edited December 2015
    spatter1 said:

Whoo hoo!!! Amazing news! Hope you are finally getting a chance to breathe a sigh of relief!

Not a super deep breath but yes. I'll breathe better once the panorama is back...And also, I heard the tech telling the doctor that I have marginal cord insertion. It increases the risk of intrauterine growth restriction, placental abruption and premature birth by a bit but I'm trying not to worry about it. I've had too many stressors already!!
  • Options
    Such great news!!!
  • Options
    Just saw this... so so happy everything looks great!! yayyyyy!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    So happy it resolved itself! Amazing! Will keep hoping the next set of results are just as positive
  • Options
    I have a marginal cord insertion as well. My doctor acted like it wasn't a big deal, but of course I worry! Ironically, I also have gestational diabetes, so we're worried about baby being too big and too small. Hoping the test results come back quickly for you!
  • Options
    NomiMomma said:

I have a marginal cord insertion as well. My doctor acted like it wasn't a big deal, but of course I worry! Ironically, I also have gestational diabetes, so we're worried about baby being too big and too small. Hoping the test results come back quickly for you!

Right, the worry never ends! What percentile is your baby measuring at?
  • Options
    She didn't mention a percentile, but she was measuring 7 days behind. We didn't have an early ultrasound. I didn't want one because I've had too many traumatic ultrasounds (an 8 week loss and limb differences with DD). I am sure on my LMP but think ovulated a 2-3 days later, but it's hard to know why she's measuring small. DD is in the 5th percentile still for weight at 2.5 years old (and healthy), so maybe we just have small babies? We had a level 2 at the high risk clinic, and that OB as well as my own aren't worried. Hoping this is a good sign. I have another growth scan at 26 weeks (first week in Jan) to follow up. That should give us more info about her size.
  • Options
    I haven't been around much the last week so I feel terrible I'm just now seeing this. My heart sunk when I read your original post, but I'm so glad you've gotten some answers since then. I'll still be praying for you and your little one, sorry you had to go through that scare.
    DS 10/19/09

DD 3/14/11

BFP 8/8/12 EDD 4/20/13 MMC @ 9+ wks D&C 9/27/12

DS2 9/12/13

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    So happy to read this!!!
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • Options
    That's great news! So happy for you.
  • Options
    Hey,

Just found out today that baby has a soft marker for Downs in the left ventrical. My doc didn't seem concerned and hasn't suggested any further testing because it was an isolated marker but it caught me off guard since I left the ultra sound with the impression that everything looked great. I couldn't even think of any questions to ask while there, though I have thought of lots since!
    From the reading I have done tonight, it looks like having one soft marker doesn't increase the risk of a chromosomal issue by much.

Wishing you and baby all the best.
  • Options

Hey,

Just found out today that baby has a soft marker for Downs in the left ventrical. My doc didn't seem concerned and hasn't suggested any further testing because it was an isolated marker but it caught me off guard since I left the ultra sound with the impression that everything looked great. I couldn't even think of any questions to ask while there, though I have thought of lots since!
    From the reading I have done tonight, it looks like having one soft marker doesn't increase the risk of a chromosomal issue by much.

Wishing you and baby all the best.

Same to you!
    Did you do any type of prenatal screening? That helps evaluate the probability of down's in light of the soft marker. Hope you can brush this off soon, too!
  • Options
    thaisac1 said:

Update: Panorama results are back and our baby boy doesn't have any aneuploidies!!!!! What a relief!!!!!

Yay! So happy for you!

• Options
    Woo hoo! Great news!
  • Options
    I missed your update last week somehow - so happy to see that all looks good!
  • Options
    We decided not to do any prenatal screening before finding out about the soft marker.

I still feel the same. I asked myself what I would do if the results came back saying the baby had a high risk for Downs. It wouldn't change anything for us so i don't think I want to know more.
  • Options
    We decided not to do any prenatal screening before finding out about the soft marker. I still feel the same. I asked myself what I would do if the results came back saying the baby had a high risk for Downs. It wouldn't change anything for us so i don't think I want to know more.
    I wouldn't do anything different either, but I just had to know, one way or another.
  • Options
    The good news keeps coming @thaisac1 !! So happy for you!
  • Options
    Great news! <3

• Options
    Thanks ladies! Baby boy and I appreciate all of your positive vibes!!!