Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Christmas ideas for almost 2 year old

Looking for gift ideas and any traditions others are doing.  My son doesn't quite get it yet but would like to start some family traditions.  Already do the night before gift with pj's and a book.

Re: Christmas ideas for almost 2 year old

• Options
    Elf on the shelf?

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We do one Christmas thing each weekend beginning the weekend after Remembrance Day (Nov. 11).

Wkend 1 - We watched a Christmas movie while we ate Christmas cookies and had hot chocolate for the first time (she is almost 24 months old so it was really milk with a bit of hot chocolate for colour and flavour)

Wkend 2 - We went on the Santa train

Wkend 3 - We went to the Festival of Lights in our town

Wkend 4 (this weekend coming up) - Santa Claus parade in our town

Wkend 5 (next weekend) - We are going to go on a Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt on our way back from visiting family.

Wkend 6 - Making a gingerbread house

Weekend after is Christmas!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS is 17 months old. We started elf on the shelf and he loves it. Every morning we go downstairs and he immediately looks for his elf, it's really cute.
    I have tried to keep Christmas present simple as he may or may not even care about opening gifts. So far I've gotten him:
    Table and chair set
    A train and track set
    Cars and a road rug
    Books/puzzles
    Some Mickey Mouse items (toys, a book bag and clothing)
    A big tractor
    Blocks
    Mickey Mouse couch

I kee reminding myself that I need to keep it simple but it's sooooo hard!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Well my son was born Xmas eve so we do it big cause it's one big celebration. We got him a play kitchen, plastic food, some bath toys and a water table.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    He has a play kitchen which I recommend to everyone. He loves it.  We actually just got him a mini shopping cart. He also likes to push things around. @mhwood what is this Christmas light scavenger hunt? This sounds interesting.
  • Options
    mhwoodmhwood member
    edited December 2015
    Devley526 said:
    He has a play kitchen which I recommend to everyone. He loves it.  We actually just got him a mini shopping cart. He also likes to push things around. @mhwood what is this Christmas light scavenger hunt? This sounds interesting.
    I got the idea off Pinterest. If you search "Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt" it will come right up. There are a ton of cute, free/cheap, easy ideas on there.